Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Can it please be this Connor...

..and not this monstrosity?

Agreed. 100%!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sad thing is new 52 Superboy got off to a really good start. Then Harvest happened. Then Jon Lane Kent happened. And that was that.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm fine with basic black if there's some sort of theme to it beyond just street clothes. Basically some detail to it that mades it look more than literally just a pair of jeans and Fruit of the Loom T-shirt. I'll always like the first costume best, but as long as it is a costume I'll roll with it.
    You mean kinda.like the 2nd season YJ look right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Agreed. 100%!
    I loved the physicality of Kon,and new 52 had none of that.I think he needs to punch **** and get knocked around,it's his thing lol.

Sad thing is new 52 Superboy got off to a really good start. Then Harvest happened. Then Jon Lane Kent happened. And that was that.
    Yep,it could have been good,but they ruined him by bringing Harvest, jlk,and 2 other things- not getting over being a weapon,and getting on to being a hero,and a real person,and his TK was to much for Kon,he was Jean grey all the way,hell he and jlk had telepathy WTH.

Yes, second season YJ, exactly.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Uh, yeah I agree that that was an awesome look for Conner in his first series, but...I mean, he's still just the same guy as jeans and T-shirt Conner.
    In name only. Not in powers, personality, characterization, origin, etc. etc.

They changed far too much of him in Teen Titans to the point that he didn't even resemble the original Kon. Just like New 52 Superboy changed a lot.

Don't get me started on how Match was changed.....
    Last edited by C-Dot; 02-13-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post

They changed far too much of him in Teen Titans to the point that he didn't even resemble the original Kon. Just like New 52 Superboy changed a lot.

True but arguably that's the case with many characters today.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I want the punk rock Peter Pan Kon-El from the 90s back. If they're so set on bringing all this Post-Crisis stuff back, bring "the Kid" back. Kid Superman.

Just don't make him Superboy's mentor or something silly. He's a rebel, let him find a cause. Hell, maybe you can use Kon-El to tell some modern stories that are actually interesting since Superman proper is locked up now. Give me a KID SUPERMAN title staring Superman's 19/20 year old clone getting into trouble and fighting against the status quo.

Kon-El, Tana Moon, and Beppo the Super-monkey traveling the world and righting wrongs. It'd be a good place for Shay Veritas to show up too.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-13-2017 at 05:40 PM.

I don't think he should be Jon's mentor, but, just like any little brother, I think he should look up to Conner immensely, maybe a bit to Lois and Clark's chagrin because while he has a big heart and is a great hero, he also has a tendency to get into trouble. He should definitely be the rebel big brother, as opposed to Dick being the uber-responsible and mature one that Damian looks up to.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Given that Young Justice has been given another season, I think it's a forgone conclusion that we'll be seeing Conner, Tim, Cassie, and Bart back very shortly in a Young Justice monthly.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I don't think he should be Jon's mentor, but, just like any little brother, I think he should look up to Conner immensely, maybe a bit to Lois and Clark's chagrin because while he has a big heart and is a great hero, he also has a tendency to get into trouble. He should definitely be the rebel big brother, as opposed to Dick being the uber-responsible and mature one that Damian looks up to.
    So, kind of the Jason Todd type-character of the Superman lore?
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Amazing Member

Honestly I feel like the Young Justice show is the best version of the character, so I'd be happy if they decided to pull from that characterization.

GOOD LUCK with Post-Crisis Kon-El.. I liked the character in Young Justice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dot View Post

This is very true

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    True but arguably that's the case with many characters today.
    But this is very true also.

That's why I pull my idea Kon from many different places

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I want the punk rock Peter Pan Kon-El from the 90s back. If they're so set on bringing all this Post-Crisis stuff back, bring "the Kid" back. Kid Superman.

Just don't make him Superboy's mentor or something silly. He's a rebel, let him find a cause. Hell, maybe you can use Kon-El to tell some modern stories that are actually interesting since Superman proper is locked up now. Give me a KID SUPERMAN title staring Superman's 19/20 year old clone getting into trouble and fighting against the status quo.

Kon-El, Tana Moon, and Beppo the Super-monkey traveling the world and righting wrongs. It'd be a good place for Shay Veritas to show up too.
    I want to get away from him being a kid,atleast that *kid* grown up more,so he isn't the comedic character in the book,but the SUPER,the one you count on,and the one that can do the impossible.

Ugh you lost me at "little brother",cause I don't see Kon as supermans kid,and that means I don't see him as Jon's older brother.

Yes I want to see them together,and interacting in all kinds of ways besides just heroics,but Kon is a clone,and his mind was geared from the beginning to be superman and be the Earth's superman,so he "shouldn't" see himself as family,so much as awe inspired by superman,and seeing Jon as this good kid who needs focussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given that Young Justice has been given another season, I think it's a forgone conclusion that we'll be seeing Conner, Tim, Cassie, and Bart back very shortly in a Young Justice monthly.

That is my wish,I hope they don't try to "be creative" ,I want the best parts of Kon through the years,and his essence established in the new Kon

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    So, kind of the Jason Todd type-character of the Superman lore?

Yes,he always has been,but when Jason goes bad,Kon goes good,when Jason gets serious,Kon gets silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat Alex View Post
    Honestly I feel like the Young Justice show is the best version of the character, so I'd be happy if they decided to pull from that characterization.
    If they don't pull from the show now DC will be showing how ignorant the are of the market they are trying to reach.the show has been seen by more eyes than every comic Kon has ever been in combined easily.so they need to keep a new version "familiar" and pull from the comics the rest,the parts that made him unique and the parts ppl actually liked about him

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    GOOD LUCK with Post-Crisis Kon-El.. I liked the character in Young Justice.
    Well hopefully we get a good post Reborn Kon,or atleast a Rebirthed Kon someday that makes us ALL happy

This genetic clone of Superman and Lex Luthor often bears the weight of the world on his burly shoulders. But over the years he's managed to carve his own legacy and win a large legion of fans