Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Squirrel Girl can pick up Thor's Hammer!?

So the other day I came across this surfing the web.

When did this happen!!??

In an OGN, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe!

And this 100% canon? Wow, SG might actually be the most powerful hero in the MU... Other than Jane and Bet-Ray Bill... Who else has been able to do this?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    So the other day I came across this surfing the web.

When did this happen!!??
    I know I shouldn't be fine with this but I am! lol xD

I'm sorry but I just can't find that this art is okay on any professional level. Those faces are just bad.

Of course she can

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm sorry but I just can't find that this art is okay on any professional level. Those faces are just bad.
    Yeah. I love how people say it's different than most books and that it fits the book and it's cute and it's wierd in a good way. When in reality it lacks talent.

Like, no. Just no. That art is just bad. It's awful. You cand find thousands of amateur artists out there, tens of thousands, that will actually do a better job, be cute and fit the book all while pleasing the readers of the book and get attention from non readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Yeah. I love how people say it's different than most books and that it fits the book and it's cute and it's wierd in a good way. When in reality it lacks talent.

Like, no. Just no. That art is just bad. It's awful. You cand find thousands of amateur artists out there, tens of thousands, that will actually do a better job, be cute and fit the book all while pleasing the readers of the book and get attention from non readers.
    Yea sad thing is that I've seen a fan art redrawing of some panels of her comic and they actually look more professional than the person who was paid money for this artwork. The fact that it's a lighthearted book is no excuse for terrible/lazy art.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    And this 100% canon? Wow, SG might actually be the most powerful hero in the MU... Other than Jane and Bet-Ray Bill... Who else has been able to do this?
    I don't know about currently but in the past:

Steve Rogers
    Odin
    Zeus
    Eric Masterson
    Bor
    Air Walker Replica
    Red Hulk (in space)
    Destroyer

Also Wonder Woman from outside the MU.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post

Steve Rogers
    Odin
    Zeus
    Eric Masterson
    Bor
    Air Walker Replica
    Red Hulk (in space)
    Destroyer

The Red Hulk in space thing was all kinds of stupid. Mjolnir's immobility is not a function of gravity.

I'm not sure Zeus has ever LIFTED the hammer. He caught it once in a Thor Annual, but was unable to prevent it returning to Thor's hand.

The Destroyer has been able to lift it when empowered by Odin's spirit.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post

Steve Rogers
    Odin
    Zeus
    Eric Masterson
    Bor
    Air Walker Replica
    Red Hulk (in space)
    Destroyer

Plus Superman

BANNED

and Ororo Munroe aka Storm!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Plus Superman
    Superman got a freebie because the universe was about to be destroyed and Odin gave the hammer's enchantment a "void during Armageddon" clause.

After the danger was passed he was unable to lift it
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

Yeah, the thing is? Plenty of other professional artists are fans of Henderson's art. So, clearly, she is genuinely talented.

You don't like it. That's fine. There are plenty of artists whose styles I hate, including some hugely popular ones. But to argue that Henderson isn't talented? Yeah, no, that's just false. She's talented. She got the job because she's talented. She's friends with a bunch of other professional artists because she's talented. You don't get to say she's not talented.

I'd say Scott Lang has a pretty decent shot and picking it up too.