Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Yes, Kate was basically like Rachel's mom. Which is... weird.
    While Kitty was the only X-Man alive was Rachel returned to her body -- I wouldn't go quite as far to say that she was "like" a mom to Rachel...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    When did Ahab take her and turn her into a hound?
    That was told in Excalibur #52 from the Phoenix Force's point of view...

BANNED

Regarding Rachel's age when becoming a Hound I think it was said in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix she was 14 when they captured her and started the process.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]While Kitty was the only X-Man alive was Rachel returned to her body -- I wouldn't go quite as far to say that she was "like" a mom to Rachel...
    I'd say she was. There was definitely a parental relationship there, even though Kate was only around 13 years older.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Yes, Kate was basically like Rachel's mom. Which is... weird.
    This reminds me of The Strange Thing About The Johnsons.

I recommend you guys watch it. It's on Youtube. Lol
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 02-19-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Sorry if Im missing somemthing... but what about Kitty and Starlord Peter Quill?

When did the broke up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gortam View Post
    Sorry if Im missing somemthing... but what about Kitty and Starlord Peter Quill?

When did the broke up?
    Somewhere after Bendis' GotG run and before Zdarsky's Star-Lord run.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Somewhere after Bendis' GotG run and before Zdarsky's Star-Lord run.
    So Limbo? No real fight? Continuity problem again?

Why do we read about this characters? If what happens to them its irrelevant...

God how i miss the 80s and 90s...
    Last edited by Gortam; 02-19-2017 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

Regarding Rachel's age when becoming a Hound I think it was said in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix she was 14 when they captured her and started the process.
    Clse... Rachel was fourteen sometime "prior" to being captured and processed...

I'd say she was. There was definitely a parental relationship there, even though Kate was only around 13 years older.
    Sadly, that reminds me so much of Soon Yi Previn Allen it's not funny -- but, that's neither here nor there so...

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    That was told in Excalibur #52 from the Phoenix Force's point of view...

OK, so around the time the X-Men were killed. So she wasn't being raised by Kate Pryde exclusively.

BTW, one noteworthy thing about that issue is it seems to contradict Claremont's Word of God canon that Rachel is the daughter of Jean Grey and the Phoenix as opposed to Scott. It's an idea I like because it helped explain why there were no duplicates of Rachel throughout the multiverse during the Crosstime Caper, but I think that's been contradicted enough anyway for it not to matter.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    OK, so around the time the X-Men were killed. So she wasn't being raised by Kate Pryde exclusively.

BTW, one noteworthy thing about that issue is it seems to contradict Claremont's Word of God canon that Rachel is the daughter of Jean Grey and the Phoenix as opposed to Scott.
    Chris Claremont (IMHO) is the God of X-Men canon -- but, he's not immuned to "If it wasn't printed it didn't happen" -- his stated intention(s) never made it into the pages and, thus not worthy of argument.

It's an idea I like because it helped explain why there were no duplicates of Rachel throughout the multiverse during the Crosstime Caper, but I think that's been contradicted enough anyway for it not to matter.
    Been there and read that and I still firmly believe that someone in editorial dropped the ball with that one because I can point to the issue where Rachel recollects the memory of her mother and father. That said and to my knowledge there are 26 known alternate reality Rachel Summers' that have graced the pages
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-19-2017 at 04:15 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gortam View Post

When did the broke up?
    Basically since the X-Men writers want Kitty back and Marvel wants the Guardians to go back to the regular 5 because of the movie, they had to break them up. Only problem is, since at the start of Zdarksy's Star-Lord they're already broken up, so they haven't given a reason why they broke up for good, and looks like we won't in that book. So now we just have to wait and see if Bendis will give them some kind of a conclusion in the final Guardians issue or not.

Which sucks for me because I loved their relationship and their story so I just want some satisfying ending for them. (Unless they'll do something when the Guardians eventually crossover with the X-Men again sometime in the distant future)

BANNED

Speaking of Kitty's romantic age gaps, how old is Starlord exactly?

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Speaking of Kitty's romantic age gaps, how old is Starlord exactly?
    I believe he's like late 20's early 30's kitty has been in her 20's since like the X-treme X-men and astonishing X-men era of X-men up to the present.