Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I believe he's like late 20's early 30's kitty has been in her 20's since like the X-treme X-men and astonishing X-men era of X-men up to the present.
    The keyword in said query was "exactly"... I'm just saying

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Speaking of Kitty's romantic age gaps, how old is Starlord exactly?
    29 or 30 as of his "MCU reboot."

Incredible Member

Speaking of Kitty's romantic age gaps, how old is Starlord exactly?
    I think the pre-Cancerverse Peter Quill was 32 years old. The current one is 30. The classic version was born in 1962 but you can attribute it to the "relativity of time". Like time moves differently in space than on earth.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I think the pre-Cancerverse Peter Quill was 32 years old. The current one is 30. The classic version was born in 1962 but you can attribute it to the "relativity of time". Like time moves differently in space than on earth.
    Time dilation.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-19-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

BANNED

Yeah, that happens. Jean was born in 1956 for example.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Yeah, that.

Touche...

Ultimate Member

And Xavier and Magneto were born in like 1930 or so and their ages have been changed and adjusted many times over...

Magneto's hasn't. He just has slowed aging as part of his powers. He's been referred to as a Holocaust survivor ever since he switched from villain to anti-hero and had his backstory fleshed out in the 80s.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Did he slow his age? I know he got de-aged to a baby and re-aged only a little bit by Erik the Red. I thought that was the only reason he was younger.

Not sure about Charles except I think he was cloned at one point or something by Shi'ar technology.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Chris Claremont (IMHO) is the God of X-Men canon -- but, he's not immuned to "If it wasn't printed it didn't happen" -- his stated intention(s) never made it into the pages and, thus not worthy of argument.
    Thank you! I listen every week to Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men, but I do not like how just because Claremont said that he was writing Kitty and Rachel as if they were in a relationship then it's canon. The Author Is Dead. His opinions on what he intended to write are no longer relevant. We may read what he wrote however we want, and if we see subtext then awesome. But not everyone reads it that way, and that's cool too.

The medium of comic books is weird when it comes to the irrelevancy of previous authorial intent. When a novel is done, it's done, and any future contribution the writer may have doesn't matter. But when a comic is done, the next writer continues the story, taking what he or she wants and leaving the unwanted behind. Claremont's intent (if it's not explicit on the page) is irrelevant. So is Bendis's. Guggenheim's intent matters though, at least for now. Maybe he'll run with the subtext. I think that would be cool, but that's just me.

The classic one was retconned as being a different reality (Earth-791). I believe this was made explicit in Bendis's Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1, which included a Handbook entry for Peter Quill. 616 Peter Quill's earliest appearance is now considered Thanos #8 (pre-Annihilation, when he was in prison for destroying a moon to save a planet). His origin was recently re-told in the Humphries Star-Lord series (the post-SW one), which did a Year One story bringing his backstory a bit closer to that of the movies (Ravagers, Yondu, etc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    The classic one was retconned as being a different reality (Earth-791). I believe this was made explicit in Bendis's Guardians of the Galaxy 0.1, which included a Handbook entry for Peter Quill. 616 Peter Quill's earliest appearance is now considered Thanos #8 (pre-Annihilation, when he was in prison for destroying a moon to save a planet). His origin was recently re-told in the Humphries Star-Lord series (the post-SW one), which did a Year One story bringing his backstory a bit closer to that of the movies (Ravagers, Yondu, etc.)
    Which is a shame because I liked Peter Quill's origins told by Steve Englehart and that the character being connected to astrology. I think Peter's first appearance in the 616 universe was close to faithful to his origins.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Chris Claremont (IMHO) is the God of X-Men canon -- but, he's not immuned to "If it wasn't printed it didn't happen" -- his stated intention(s) never made it into the pages and, thus not worthy of argument.
    I agree it has to be printed to matter. But I disagree if your argument is they have to explicitly say "we're totally dating guys" for it to be on the page. It can appear on the page through their words and deeds. When Alan Davis has Rachel calling Kitty "my love," for example, that was printed on the page. So were the ways they were drawn together holding hands, touching each other, etc. And none of the things I've mentioned were Chris Claremont anyway, they were Alan Davis.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

It was his intentions, obviously Marvel only let him leave HEAVY hints about something more but didn't let him commit because of the atmosphere at the time which was very anti-LGBT. Marvel is a business, being portrayed as LGBT Friendly during that time would only have enraged them to certain hate groups, which were the majority at the time and had infected all of Society, and would have hurt them greatly. No doubt DC and other competition would have capitalized on public outcry towards Marvel if they had let CC do what he had planned.

Even to this day we can STILL see a lot of hate, though it was carefully hidden for the longest tie til this election cycle where hate felt they were free to be open again though are shocked that people are calling them out on it now even though they "won", towards minorities and LGBT.

Regardless, I hope that we can get a bold writer down the line who will finally address the chemistry, history and tension between Rachel and Kitty with Marvel's blessing.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 02-21-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Yeah people thought you could get HIV from someone coughing on you at the time so probably not the best time for a reveal.