Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    You really think?
    Rachel has a bad history with men. Why not try shopping around on the same side?

Metanix, Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, Excalibur. All series that prove Kitty Pryde should be with Rachel, Karma and Magik.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Metanix, Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, Excalibur. All series that prove Kitty Pryde should be with Rachel, Karma and Magik.
    If it didn't hurt my soul to 'ship', I would ship Karma/Kitty but in a way I am satisfied by how Mekanix kind of drew that platonic line there.

Anything is better than PaPa Piotr coming back to reclaim his school-girl. Gross.

I'm guessing it is issue 4. Louisanna. Mardi Gras. Gambit on Cover. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Rachel has a bad history with men. Why not try shopping around on the same side?
    I don't understand this thinking. Girl/boy trouble doesn't automatically mean switch sexuality.

Or we can just start a thread about her and get Bendis to change it for us.

Hey, she could be bi? That goes for Kitty too - and is what Iceman should be.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Ugh, really she wears the new facial mask in public? C'mon....if you're going to have her move beyond DoFP-Ahab-Phoenix-Summers/Grey-etc then drop the freakin facial tatts all together. Because if you're still trying to make her look different from Jean but recognizable, then you need to keep her houndmarks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I don't understand this thinking. Girl/boy trouble doesn't automatically mean switch sexuality.

Rachel always stuck me as a closet case anyway. I always though her obvious infatuation with Kitty was a bit icky though when I remembered Kate was basically like her mom.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

She hasn't had success in all her attempts and has been more intimate with Kitty than any other save maybe Nightcrawler.

All her relationships with men ended badly. Heck, her best one was Franklin, which nearly killed her when he returned for awhile, and Korvus whom the Phoenix forced her and Korvus to want to mate like bunnies.

BANNED

With Franklin it's also important to remember he was quite a bit older than Rachel as a teenager. It was much like the Kitty and Colossus age range which people come down pretty hard on now, even though Kitty was the clear aggressor there.

Rachel's other romantic male parings include an unrequited interest from Alistaire Stuart (in a triangle with Kitty no less), an intense mutual attraction to Rory Campbell (whose future self severely abused Rachel in her youth, so fucked up!), a brief flirtation with Nightcrawler (EW!), dancing with her hot cousin (STOP!) and finally a creepy date-rapey co-dependent Phoenix addiction based coupling with Korvus and his Giant Sword (WHYYYYYY?). To call this a toxic dating history would be an understatement.

I think we can all agree full lesbo is the best way forward.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I think we can all agree full lesbo is the best way forward.
    Speak for yourself.

At this point, the whole "dysfunctional love life means a historically hetero character is actually gay/bi" is an overdone cliche. It also perpetuates a false and unhelpful stereotype. What's more, Rachel and Kitty's relationship has been portrayed as sister-like for decades, adding an icky subtext to any romantic pairing of the two. Rachel/Kitty shipping is pure fanfic material, and it should stay that way.

Now, Rachel meeting someone new, falling love in with her, and organically coming to terms with her sexuality--ok, there's a potentially decent story there.

The problem with Rachel is that her character development arc finished more than 20 years ago when she returned to her home timeline and liberated Earth from the Sentinels. Since Claremont brought her back in X-Treme X-Men, she's been watered down and used a) as a Jean stand-in and b) at points, a meta vehicle to give voice to the frustrations of Jott shippers.

Since Marvel refuses to bring adult Jean back, I'd just as soon they go whole hog, have Rachel reclaim the Phoenix mantle again, and assume her mother's place on the team. Get more mileage out of her unique power, too--the ability to project her consciousness cross-time. As for relationships, if memory serves, there was another adult version of Franklin running around the FF titles a few years ago. How would Rachel respond to him? Or another person who wields the level of power she does? She could serve as a vehicle for getting the X-Men into more cosmic-type storylines. Lots of possibilities down this route.

BANNED

Rachel's toxic hetero history isn't the only reason to just finally out her. Claremont so obviously writing her as in love with Kitty for most of their time together is the biggest reason. He literally made them a couple (with kids!) in The End.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

It would be funny if this was a thing, considering the fact that Kitty is played by a lesbian in the movies.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

Well I would be all for it because to be honest it's better than marvel and it's writers constantly rehashing the kitty and colossus romance it's like Johnny Storm and crystal I think it's time to move on for both of the characters cyclops for the most part even moved on from jean grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    It would be funny if this was a thing, considering the fact that Kitty is played by a lesbian in the movies.
    One more reason! MARVEL PLS.