View Poll Results: Your ideal option for post-Reborn Superman continuity?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hard reboot to a singular Superman throughout timeline

15 22.39%
  • Superman Red/Blue merger

9 13.43%
  • Nuperman as a temporal anomaly/duplicate

10 14.93%
  • Nuperman as the Superman of another earth

10 14.93%
  • Nuperman in reality another 'Super' character

2 2.99%
  • Nuperman as a construct (clone, magical duplicate etc.)

6 8.96%
  • None of the above

15 22.39%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

I went with "Hard reboot to a singular Superman throughout timeline" even though I don't actually want another New 52 style reboot. Just do some kind of comic booky thing where the Supermen and Loises are reunited and we can continue forward with a recognizable status quo. With or without Jon doesn't really matter to me, but you can't remove him now without making the character arcs seem artificial in the same way "Brand New Day" messed with Spider-Man. So keep the son and retcon everything so there's only been one Superman.

Incredible Member

I went with the none of the above option, since Nuperman just never really caught on with me. I read the books hoping that would change, but it honestly never did, guess it had to do with Clark and Lois both always saying they were best friends, but never seeing any of that. It really didn't have to dowith them not dating or being married, but it didn't even look like they were friends, let alone best friends.

A singular Superman, whatever iteration that might be, constant throughout the entire timeline would be best I think.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

For everything that was canon for Superman before Flashpoint hit to be re-established as completely canon in the DCU going forth. And I really don't know if they're going to "mold" Superman's memories to match current canon. For example, I don't think making him forget things like Martian Manhunter being a founding JLAer and what happened during Tower of Babel and other things would make much sense, given that they've emphasized the fact that he remembers all of that stuff ad nauseam in the books themselves.

It might be like Wally where everyone starts to "remember" him, but not necessarily the "full picture" that Wally and Superman themselves remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    For everything that was canon for Superman before Flashpoint hit to be re-established as completely canon in the DCU going forth. And I really don't know if they're going to "mold" Superman's memories to match current canon. For example, I don't think making him forget things like Martian Manhunter being a founding JLAer and what happened during Tower of Babel and other things would make much sense, given that they've emphasized the fact that he remembers all of that stuff ad nauseam in the books themselves.

It might be like Wally where everyone starts to "remember" him, but not necessarily the "full picture" that Wally and Superman themselves remember.
    I like this idea. Especially Wally and Clark having a connection that the others wouldn't fully understand.