Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    yeah, I really disliked how in the 90s show, she only showed affection for superman and not Clark.
    Not really. She may have started out infatuated with Superman but she grew to love Clark Kent before she even learned his secret identity. Heck, Clark proposed before telling Lois he was Superman.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Sounds kind of unethical on Clark's part to get that far in a relationship without mentioning that he isn't human and all the implications that come with that.
    The ethical issue of keeping his secret up to engagement is acknowledged by both sides post crisis. But the truth of the situation is ultimately that he protected his identity until he was absolutely certain it needed to be compromised (a woman who elected to spend the rest of her life with him), and she absolutely fell in love with Clark and not Superman. The situation left nothing to doubt, really.

In Action #484, there was a whammy put on him that denied his Superman side. As was the case in a few other Bronze Age stories like "Who Took the Super out of Superman?" and Superman #303, the part of Lois capable of seeing through Clark gave him a chance, and like the former story he was devoid of the pretense.

Maggin had a great bit in The Last Son of Krypton that I think is at least the most interesting "official" version of the love triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot S! Maggin
    Superman loved Lois Lane.

Lois Lane loved Clark Kent and ached in vain to believe he was Superman.

Clark Kent loved Superman.

No one understood this.
    Personally though, I actually think Maggin's got it wrong, and that Superman loves Clark Kent, not the other way around. He might well love Lois too, and Clark might love Superman, but I'm very sure that Superman loves Clark Kent most of all.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Fantastic Member

She was in love with both but Superman backed off and pursued her as Clark. An I think after a while she knew Clark was superman as they weren't really different people in the show.

Very clear in all interpretations she loved superman first, they had the vicar versa thing with wonderwoman were she loved superman but didn't understand his Clark. persona.

In the end Lois doesn't love the bumbling idiot clark, she loves the Kansas Clark, who shows he's true self, which US superman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Not really. She may have started out infatuated with Superman but she grew to love Clark Kent before she even learned his secret identity. Heck, Clark proposed before telling Lois he was Superman.
    I meant the cartoon, not the live action show.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I meant the cartoon, not the live action show.
    Well in that case love was always secondary. She had that bit during Brave New Metropolis where she kissed Kal's alternate self in front of him and then asked him to dinner I guess. Her relationship with C.K. was always a teasing, professional friendship, where she had a sort of very mild romantic tension with Superman, but since most of their interaction involved her being in deadly peril they rarely got to really connect. Of course in JLU there was an episode where they had a picnic date on the bridge where Gwen Stacey died, but overall...

Still, the DCAU does seem to point to Lois having feelings for Kal-El over Clark Kent. Which makes sense, as that's the more "classic" version of the relationship I suppose.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

If I remember correctly, at the end of the second-to-last JLU season, Clark Kent and LL have a conversation, and the staff wanted to mold the scene so that either he would admit he's Superman, or Lois would indicate she already knew. However, they didn't go that far, and the safer assumption to make was that she didn't know.

When Superman: Doomsday came out, Superman and LL were already together, but she was just waiting for him to admit his secret, as she already put the pieces together. DCAU and SD are not in continuity with one another, but I tend to think that was Bruce Timm's take on the issue, even if he didn't portray it in JLU.