Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Richard Armitage, the voice of Trevor Belemont revealed the cast is about to record a third season. It's good to know it got renewed for a third season before the second one airs.
    http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/castlev...son-3-renewal/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Richard Armitage, the voice of Trevor Belemont revealed the cast is about to record a third season. It's good to know it got renewed for a third season before the second one airs.
    I hope we get longer run times, those episodes are far too short.

Still, kind of sad the however many minutes of screen time he had was the best Dracula action we've had this millennium.

Man, it would be great if future seasons would feature new generations of Belmonts and their centuries long fight against Dracula.
    Life is but a dream

That's cool to hear, I just hope it doesn't mean they will over stretch the story of Castlevania 3.
    I'd be ok by seeing a story using Curse of Darkness characters and go with the time skip focusing more on Hector, and I'd love it if they would get the voice of lightning butt to reprise his role for the show instead of hiring a Hollywood actor.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

The second season will stream on October 26th
    https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cas...ix-1202866276/

To me the show works because it does try to tell a story on its own and that's the lesson that other video game adaptations should learn.

People would harp on the animation which is fine but animation didnt save the devil may cry anime. To me that series was dull and tedious and Dante was basically wallpaper. The only episodes worth rewatching don't actually focus on him which isnt a good sign.

Good storytelling helps regardless of animation or live action.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-06-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    To me the show works because it does try to tell a story on its own and that's the lesson that other video game adaptations should learn.

People would harp on the animation which is fine but animation didnt save the devil may cry anime. To me that series was dull and tedious and Dante was basically wallpaper. The only episodes worth rewatching don't actually focus on him which isnt a good sign.

Good storytelling helps regardless of animation or live action.
    I thought the DMC anime was good for the property it was adapting. Then again, storytelling was never a strong suit for most Capcom franchises.

With all the talk of Metal Gear being adapted into a live-action movie, I think probably the best bet would be for an animated series as well. Some of the games already sort of have anime stylings anyway, although not to the extent of Castlevania.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Metal Gear lends itself better to live action than animation imo. Even at it's silliest Metal Gear isn't so over the top that it wouldn't be believable in live action.

A Metal Gear animated series just makes me think we'd see it in the same style as the illustrated MGS art.

Metal Gear is inherently silly. But people take it (semi) seriously. From a certain point of view it's not so different from a super hero story.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I really enjoyed this series. I glad to hear we are getting more.

so is this going to continue with more video games?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so is this going to continue with more video games?
    Only if Konami wants to make more. The company is focusing more on their other businesses like Pachinko and health clubs. Their reputation is in the toilet so I doubt any game they release will be successful.

Season two dropped today. I watched episode one and I’m happy to see Hector and Issac from Curse of Darkness are apart of Dracula’s army. They maintained their roles as devil forgers as well. Loving it so far on faithfulness alone.