Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Honestly, I don't want them to stick to the game timelines strictly. They didn't for the first two seasons (Trevor and Sypha in the games were backed by the church, not fighting them). Use the characters for inspiration for telling their own original stories, like the developers of Lords of Shadow did.

For example, why not combine the character Isaac with Shaft? He is already fanatically loyal to Dracula and gifted with dark powers.
    For that matter, I'm kind of surprised that Death hasn't shown up yet. He was key in the origins of Dracula, he's the most consistent figure in the franchise aside from Dracula himself, and he's Dracula's BFF. Heck, Death was in the Smash Bros. trailer, killing Luigi himself.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Honestly, I don't want them to stick to the game timelines strictly. They didn't for the first two seasons (Trevor and Sypha in the games were backed by the church, not fighting them). Use the characters for inspiration for telling their own original stories, like the developers of Lords of Shadow did.

For example, why not combine the character Isaac with Shaft? He is already fanatically loyal to Dracula and gifted with dark powers.
    Issac has already taken Death's place as Dracula's best friend. He doesn't need to take shaft's role.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    For that matter, I'm kind of surprised that Death hasn't shown up yet. He was key in the origins of Dracula, he's the most consistent figure in the franchise aside from Dracula himself, and he's Dracula's BFF. Heck, Death was in the Smash Bros. trailer, killing Luigi himself.
    I imagine they'll bring the Reaper in when Dracula is revived to fight the next Belmont.

I just wonder if they'll skip over Christopher and go straight to Simon. I've seen some people wondering if they'll even skip Simon and head straight to Richter so they can do Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I imagine they'll bring the Reaper in when Dracula is revived to fight the next Belmont.

I just wonder if they'll skip over Christopher and go straight to Simon. I've seen some people wondering if they'll even skip Simon and head straight to Richter so they can do Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night.
    They should honestly. Nobody really cares about Christopher, and Castlevania and Castlevania 2 just aren’t story rich cinematic games.

If you skip to Rondo/Symphony you can keep continuity with Alucard. Also since the storyline is a revival of Dracula story with Shaft you have a great in story reason to bring him back. Otherwise you are randomly ressurecting him to keep the series going.

A good cohesive story would be Castlevania 3 and Curse of Darkness. First big war and defeat of Dracula and dealing with the aftermath. Rondo and Symphony. Shaft ressurects Dracula after several centuries and a new Belmont arises and then Alucard returns to aid the descendent of his comrade Trevor to defeat his father once again and participate in the world. Then if you want more you can bring in Soma and have Alucard helping the reincarnation of his father overcoming the evil legacy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Leon's story is typical Castlevania fare though. Leon and Drac being best friends is the only substantial element of their story. Other than that it's the typical Castlevania fare. Kidnapped/dead lover, hunt down the vampire responsible, etc. It's an underwelming story that didn't need to be told.
    It’s still more cinematic than most 2D Castlevanias. Like what’s more typical Castlevania fare.

1. The first Belmont being set up on a quest to save his loved one, being forced to kill her because he’s not powerful enough to defeat the main vampire, defeating the main vampire only to find out it was a set up by his friend who wanted more power. Then the first Belmont declares his bloodline will hunt that man (who becomes Dracula)

2. Dracula’s Castle appears and Simon goes inside to fight a bunch of movie monsters to beat Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    They should honestly. Nobody really cares about Christopher, and Castlevania and Castlevania 2 just aren’t story rich cinematic games.

If you skip to Rondo/Symphony you can keep continuity with Alucard. Also since the storyline is a revival of Dracula story with Shaft you have a great in story reason to bring him back. Otherwise you are randomly ressurecting him to keep the series going.

A good cohesive story would be Castlevania 3 and Curse of Darkness. First big war and defeat of Dracula and dealing with the aftermath. Rondo and Symphony. Shaft ressurects Dracula after several centuries and a new Belmont arises and then Alucard returns to aid the descendent of his comrade Trevor to defeat his father once again and participate in the world. Then if you want more you can bring in Soma and have Alucard helping the reincarnation of his father overcoming the evil legacy.
    Simon is such a key part of Castlevania, being the hero of the very first game, that I have a hard time seeing them skipping over him completely. There's a reason Smash Bros. introduced Simon as its Castlevania representative (and Richter as his echo).

Bringing Dracula back arbitrarily over and over is kind of what the series does anyway.

Simon is such a key Belmont that they have to include him in some form. But its also true that his story is very minimal due to starring the first two games.

I would have them skip straight to Richter's story, and include flashbacks to Simon's story, and somehow tie the two Belmont's together in some over arching plot. Perhaps the curse Dracula inflicts on Simon can extend for generations, for example.
    Last edited by MikeP; 11-09-2018 at 06:24 PM.
    Life is but a dream

Recently, I haven't had a lot of time to watch some of the Netflix stuff, so I didn't start watching season 2 until last night. I haven't finished it yet, but man is it awesome so far.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

it's most likely not going to skip Simon but they can still skip his games and just introduce him as a old man in an Harmony of Dissonance arc with flashbacks that reference the first two Castlevania games. . as Simon is the grandfather of Juste Belmont.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can't see this series skipping Simon if the timeline reaches him. Ellis will need to write a story specifically for him. The easiest thing for him to do is combine the first two games together. The town from Simon's Quest will need to function as his supporting cast.

Finished season 2 and I gotta say, it was on another level to season 1. I thought season 1 was really good, but this season was just that much better. I loved the last two episodes and cannot wait to see what the next season brings.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

Christopher maybe but there's no way you can skip over Simon. As far as most fans are concerned he *is* Castlevania.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

I think you can get a lot of mileage out of Simon.

He goes, he kills Dracula and then later you see him falling under the affects of Dracula's Curse. The only way to save himself is to restore Dracula to life. On top of that, Dracula's remains have been scattered across the land. A land that's besieged by monsters every night. On top of that, the towns people don't seem to trust him. He has to rely on shady underworld merchants.

My Forum check it out