Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Any chance of them adapting Symphony of the Night? Seems to be a given with the heavy Alucard focus. (and although Simon's the star of three games and the original main character, in the overall story he's not really fleshed out or dimensional compared to others)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Any chance of them adapting Symphony of the Night? Seems to be a given with the heavy Alucard focus. (and although Simon's the star of three games and the original main character, in the overall story he's not really fleshed out or dimensional compared to others)
    Unless the series does a 300 year timeskip we won't get a Symphony adaption. They'll have to adapt Rondo of Blood first as Symphony was it's direct sequel.

I'm curious if this might be the last Trevor season.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Unless the series does a 300 year timeskip we won't get a Symphony adaption. They'll have to adapt Rondo of Blood first as Symphony was it's direct sequel.
    Yeah, although Rondo's somewhat of a far simpler story and formulaic Castlevania story/game apart from adding Maria; however Richter does play a fairly large role in Symphony regardless so he'd have to established somehow.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, although Rondo's somewhat of a far simpler story and formulaic Castlevania story/game apart from adding Maria; however Richter does play a fairly large role in Symphony regardless so he'd have to established somehow.
    It will also need to establish Maria and Shaft as those two play important roles in Symphony. The battle against Dracula that Symphony opened with would be enough for Richter but those two would need a little bit more.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

So Curse of Darkness or the next Belmont for follow up?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Curse of Darkness or the next Belmont for follow up?
    Where the series is at right now I don't see Curse of Darkness ever happening. The next Belmont should be Chris if they are following the canonical order.

Incredible Member

I'm hoping the next series will focus on Simon Belmont (with references to Chris and Soleil the way they did Leon), while expanding more of his story and timeline.

There isn't a lot to Simon other than he's killing Dracula out of family duty. I think it would be better for the Netflix crew to skip the original game and go straight to Simon Quest to give Simon's story some meat.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Man I just cancelled my netflix prescription...and now I'm going to have to renew it, lol!

Season 1 and 2 covers Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse

Season 3 and 4 covers Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
    My Forum check it out

You know something i never understood? Why was Alucard's mother sent to hell? She was a good woman who helped heal the sick and even asked him to spare the people who killed her? So did Death trap her in hell?

spoilers:
    I love how Alucard's biggest shock of the season is finding out he's becoming Trevor .

Trevor and Sypha got to profess their love for each other, which is nice. No on-screen kiss, but still nice .

Hector helped revive Dracula and Isaac is the one who says leave him to rest? Isn't that the exact opposite of how it is in the games? I mean, it made sense in the context of their show characters but it felt kind of weird.

It's still kind of weird to me that Hector and Isaac had this long-running subplot to themselves, along with Carmilla's sisters, that had no real bearing on the main characters. Like, literally their closest contact is when Isaac sees the main characters about to go up to fight Dracula in season 2, and that's it.

I'm kind of not surprised the two lesbian lovers of Carmilla's sisters would end up surviving, although I kinda wish Striga had gotten to use her armor more.

Carmilla was obsessed with defeating crazy old men, but in the end she was defeated by two...relatively well-adjusted young men. I guess this is also the consequence of her manipulations to take Dracula down finally coming back to bite her.

I'm not sure how I feel about how things swung for Hector. I mean, he finally got his freedom and got to get payback, and he made peace with Isaac and his part in what happened to Dracula. Could this be spun into his own solo adventure like in the games where he becomes a genuine hero and has to fight Isaac? I don't know. I guess I'm glad they didn't kill him.

Hector and Lenore's relationship was...complicated. I mean, obviously she manipulated him and used him like a toy, but in the end it seemed like they were genuinely close and cared for each other to the point where Hector wanted Lenore to live even if she didn't want to survive as a prisoner and Lenore felt Hector was the only person she could open up with. Lenore made Hector realize Dracula lied to him and Hector made Lenore realize how far Carmilla had gone. I don't know if it was love, but it was something. I guess this opens up Hector to meet Rosaly.

Saint Germain working to revive Dracula and going evil was not what I expected when I wanted to see him again. I mean, his lover was beautiful, but he really went too far trying to find her again because he wanted to have sex. And in the end he got played, killed, and shunned by the woman he loved. At least he saved Trevor.

You couldn't really do an adaption of Castlevania and not throw in Death, and who else would try so fervently to resurrect Dracula? Having Malcolm McDowell slip in there as a vampire no one takes seriously until he turns out to be Death was a clever twist.

Was Greta supposed to be show's take on Grant, like the only major character from the game they didn't use? I guess it's nice Alucard was able to find love with a fellow bisexual.

Trevor not only stopped Dracula's resurrection (technically) but he also defeated Death. He really upheld the Belmont legacy and restored their honor for generations to come.

I assumed part of the reason Trevor survived was because he was still alive during Curse of Darkness, even if this seasons nominally adapted that storyline (kinda) without Hector being the main character.

Sypha pregnant with the next Belmont, who will get to grow up in a village named after and dedicated to their family and get raised in the kind of childhood Trevor was robbed of.

Dracula and Lisa getting inexplicably revived was...something. Kind of wondering now how that's going to jive with the future for this franchise in animated form, if it comes to that. I mean, it's nice to see the couple get a happy ending and it brings things full circle, but is something going to happen to Lisa so a future Belmont will have to slay Dracula again?
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You know something i never understood? Why was Alucard's mother sent to hell? She was a good woman who helped heal the sick and even asked him to spare the people who killed her? So did Death trap her in hell?
    I guess it was marrying Dracula?