Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It's reportedly based on III: Dracula's curse, which was the first in the series to be a prequel of sorts (The series continuity is a bit like Zelda it seems-same basic world, but similar characters in various eras). It was also the debut of the Alucard character, although the game sprite was more "Bela Lugosi" than the white, long-haired hero of the other games.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Teaser trailer

Teaser makes me want to play NES games again.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Spectacular Member

That Trailer is amazing. I want to play the Stranger Things game. I wonder what an Orange is the New Black game would be like. I love Castlevania. Awesome idea that still resonates today. I loved the Vampire Hunter D movies, so if its the same vain as that, I am cool with it.

Netflix is absolutely killing it, IMO. They make some exciting original content. So looking forward to this.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Incredible Member

recognize alucard,sylva, grant, from the trailer.

this is going to be awesome.

Incredible Member

Castlevania has so many characters with different time periods that you can throw a dart at a board and still hit a time with Dracula. I hope they introduce Richter Belmont. He was so powerful that Dracula preemptively sent DEATH to try and kill him.

Mighty Member

Nice to see an adult animated show that doesn't rely on comedy to sell and should be like Vampire Hunter D 1 & 2

The series was released today. I watched the first episode. If your into Castlevania lore then you'll love this show.

spoilers:
    Episode one expands on Lisa relationship with Dracula. She was a doctor who sought out Dracula for his knowledge. Dracula was impressed with how she showed no fear of him and let her use his lab. A few years later she gets burned at the stake when her medical equipment is mistaken for witchcraft. We get to see Alucard briefly.
    end of spoilers

Warren Ellis knows his Castlevania.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I already watched the series and loved it. The only problem is that season 1 is only four episodes long, and they're all only about 20 minutes long. I'm completely baffled as to why they only made four short episodes but it was really good, loved that they weren't afraid to make it gory.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I already watched the series and loved it. The only problem is that season 1 is only four episodes long, and they're all only about 20 minutes long. I'm completely baffled as to why they only made four short episodes but it was really good, loved that they weren't afraid to make it gory.
    It ended up that way because the project was originally developed as a direct to DVD movie. Netflix saved it from it's development hell and became a mini-series.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The series was released today. I watched the first episode. If your into Castlevania lore then you'll love this show.

spoilers:
    Episode one expands on Lisa relationship with Dracula. She was a doctor who sought out Dracula for his knowledge. Dracula was impressed with how she showed no fear of him and let her use his lab. A few years later she gets burned at the stake when her medical equipment is mistaken for witchcraft. We get to see Alucard briefly.
    end of spoilers

Warren Ellis knows his Castlevania.
    spoilers:
    Not a few years later. Nineteen. Long enough for them to fall in love, spend quite a bit of time together, and have an adult child.
    end of spoilers

That whip, though. I can envision Ellis making extensive production notes about the mechanics of being hit in the face with a thick cord of leather moving faster than the speed of sound. "Listen, not to be a dick about this, you're all probably very nice people, but can we just be adults about this? If this bastard's face gets the lash, he's got to lose an eye. It's the only way. And what's this rubbish about babies not being eaten alive? Why the hell would I eat an adult if I knew there was a reliable supply of babies near about? Have you seen a baby? Tittle things can't very well fight back or run away, now can they? Much less risk, much tender meat. Come on, lads, be men. Let's eat some f*cking babies."
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

If there's one thing Warren Ellis excels with, it's research into franchises. He wrote the excellent GI Joe: Resolute, which helped lay some of the groundwork for the live action movies, but Resolute was also miles ahead of the movies, too; considering that he wrote that without knowing a single thing about GI Joe at all, yet managed to make one of the best incarnations of the franchise, is no small feat.

The series has been renewed for a second season and it will be eight episodes.
    http://deadline.com/2017/07/castleva...ix-1202125024/

I went to the movies today, but I really need to check out this show ASAP.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/