Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 171
  1. #31
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,483

    Default

    I'm just five minutes into the first episode, and it is already brimming with Warren Ellis awesomeness! :-D

  2. #32
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    south coast
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    finished season 1 loved it

  3. #33
    Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    439

    Default

    It was great definitely had me wanting more after seeing Alucard, Sypha, and Belmont altogether. As someone who is not familiar with the mythos its definitely something I want to see more of now

  4. #34
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    I wonder if Boris Karloffice will still be playing Frankenstein.


  5. #35
    Incredible Member Grim Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    636

    Default

    I felt let down by this. Very generic art style and just ok music (ok music is not good in Castlevania which is known for it's awesome music). Too much talk and too little action. It wasn't terrible it just felt very generic to me.

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member Cyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,709

    Default

    Needs more Grant DaNasty.

  7. #37
    Tin Man MikeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    I'm torn. I really am.

    On one hand, this perhaps the most faithful and best adaptation of any game franchise. This is a dynamic and bloody good show. And it stays so true to the source material (Castlevania III with Symphony of the Night's backstory). I'm genuinely happy with this.

    On the other hand, this is owned by Konami, and Konami is the worst. I guess I'll just have to pretend they have nothing to do with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Needs more Grant DaNasty.
    From what I'm reading in the production details, Warren Ellis just didn't have time to fit him in. Also, he dislikes the name, and thinks a pirate doesn't really fit in the setting.

    These first 4 episodes are basically a test run to see how the reaction is, so it makes sense they have to cut some details out. Since more episodes were ordered, its likely Grant will appear in some form in the next season.
    Life is but a dream

  8. #38
    Amazing Member genji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I'm torn. I really am.

    On one hand, this perhaps the most faithful and best adaptation of any game franchise. This is a dynamic and bloody good show. And it stays so true to the source material (Castlevania III with Symphony of the Night's backstory). I'm genuinely happy with this.

    On the other hand, this is owned by Konami, and Konami is the worst. I guess I'll just have to pretend they have nothing to do with this.



    From what I'm reading in the production details, Warren Ellis just didn't have time to fit him in. Also, he dislikes the name, and thinks a pirate doesn't really fit in the setting.

    These first 4 episodes are basically a test run to see how the reaction is, so it makes sense they have to cut some details out. Since more episodes were ordered, its likely Grant will appear in some form in the next season.
    Warren Ellis Said why Pirate in Dry Land make not any Sense... Oh God Warren Ellis he not know full Story.

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...ten-years-ago/



    Grant Danasty hear rumors about Treasure in Dracula Castle he Abandoned being Pirated to Become Bandit Thief to Hunt Treasure

    His Team Come To Him to But They not know They Fate Become Worse to Fight Dracula and his Team Mate Die Dracula Curse Grant Become Goblin as Clocktower guard.

    Trevor Belmont Party Beat Him Grant Back Being Human Again

    Warren Ellis Not know This Reason he maybe not Play all game Castlevania Game and Novel.

    I hope Warren Ellis Put Grant in Season 2.
    Last edited by genji; 07-12-2017 at 11:20 PM.

  9. #39
    Amazing Member genji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Sorry for double page icant delete it
    Last edited by genji; 07-12-2017 at 10:38 PM.

  10. #40
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    7,826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I'm torn. I really am.

    On one hand, this perhaps the most faithful and best adaptation of any game franchise. This is a dynamic and bloody good show. And it stays so true to the source material (Castlevania III with Symphony of the Night's backstory). I'm genuinely happy with this.

    On the other hand, this is owned by Konami, and Konami is the worst. I guess I'll just have to pretend they have nothing to do with this.



    From what I'm reading in the production details, Warren Ellis just didn't have time to fit him in. Also, he dislikes the name, and thinks a pirate doesn't really fit in the setting.

    These first 4 episodes are basically a test run to see how the reaction is, so it makes sense they have to cut some details out. Since more episodes were ordered, its likely Grant will appear in some form in the next season.
    Konami didn't do jack to promote this show. I see it as an effort by the studio and Netflix not Konami.

    As for Grant, they story hasn't gotten to him yet. The show faithfully adapted the order and circumstances of how Trevor formed his crew. Grant is the last to join and they encounter him by fighting him as a monster guarding the castle's clocktower. Season 2 will be the best time to introduce him if he makes it in.

  11. #41
    Tin Man MikeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by genji View Post
    Warren Ellis Said why Pirate in Dry Land make not any Sense... Oh God Warren Ellis he not know full Story.

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...ten-years-ago/



    Grant Danasty hear rumors about Treasure in Dracula Castle he Abandoned being Pirated to Become Bandit Thief to Hunt Treasure

    His Team Come To Him to But They not know They Fate Become Worse to Fight Dracula and his Team Mate Die Dracula Curse Grant Become Goblin as Clocktower guard.

    Trevor Belmont Party Beat Him Grant Back Being Human Again

    Warren Ellis Not know This Reason he maybe not Play all game Castlevania Game and Novel.

    I hope Warren Ellis Put Grant in Season 2.
    I read that too. I understand Ellis' objections. Grant's backstory is just a bit too contrived and corny. If Grant does appear in Season 2, I would understand if they dropped the pirate backstory and just made him a bandit.
    Life is but a dream

  12. #42
    Tin Man MikeP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Konami didn't do jack to promote this show. I see it as an effort by the studio and Netflix not Konami.
    Yup. The less credit that goes to Konami, the better.

    As for Grant, they story hasn't gotten to him yet. The show faithfully adapted the order and circumstances of how Trevor formed his crew. Grant is the last to join and they encounter him by fighting him as a monster guarding the castle's clocktower. Season 2 will be the best time to introduce him if he makes it in.
    If its a fight in a clocktower, I just might faint.
    Life is but a dream

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,270

    Default

    I can see both sides to Grant. On the one hand he would be a breath of fresh air that could break up the very serious dynamic that the main trio has now. On the other hand, he's superflous and not all that necessary, and Alucard can more easily be the outsider of the group.

  14. #44
    Amazing Member genji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    I read that too. I understand Ellis' objections. Grant's backstory is just a bit too contrived and corny. If Grant does appear in Season 2, I would understand if they dropped the pirate backstory and just made him a bandit.
    U Right About That Most worry me if they not put Grant in Castlevania Animation Season 2 This Show Might call it Spin off Not Part Original Story of Castlevania 3 Curse Dracula Game All Original Fans will Pissed off And This Show might get Ruined it.

    Even Warren Ellis Hate Grant Danasty please i hope he Still Respect Original story 4 Main Characters Ok to me if he Chance Story Grant.

  15. #45
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I just want someone to say: "What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •