Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A Metal Gear animated series just makes me think we'd see it in the same style as the illustrated MGS art.
    That was kind of what they did with the portable games; both Portable Ops and Peace Walker had limited animation cut scenes that were done in the style largely of the IDW graphic novels (Which also were eventually animated and voiced).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That was kind of what they did with the portable games; both Portable Ops and Peace Walker had limited animation cut scenes that were done in the style largely of the IDW graphic novels (Which also were eventually animated and voiced).
    Konami got the artist of the IDW graphic novels to draw the cut scenes for those games.

I thought season 2 was pretty good and im pretty excited for a potential season 3.

I wouldn't mind if Warren Ellis did more video game adaptations.

Yep, Ashley wood. Although I think a lot of the work in Peace Walker was done by Yoji Shinkawa; in particular a lot of the character closeups I think are Yoji's work while the action shots are mainly wood's.

Although not everybody was a big fan of his style (in particular I think X-men was a bad fit for him) I think it worked well for Metal Gear, especially the atmosphere of the first game, and the surrealness of the latter half of the second.

Funny thing about those comics, they had to of course rewrite the Psycho Mantis encounter for the artform, and the solution was for Mantis to create the illusion of Master Miller rescuing Snake (and also giving up his codes, of course). It's funny in retrospect because MGSV reveals that the Kaz we see in MG2-and also imitated by Liquid in MGS1-was revealed to have lost an arm and leg, so Snake should've seen right through Mantis's disguise right away (and you'd figure Liquid and Mantis would've known that too having encountered Miller in the 80's). Not really a continuity error since it wasn't known at the time, and the IDW adaptations aren't 100% true to the game anyway (especially #2 which had Solid Snake in a more prominent role, helping Emma out) but just thought I'd mention it. Also the adaptations came out at around the same time as "Snake Eater", so in a cool way both foreshadow their sequel/prequel...
    MGS1 has Liquid mention the Patriots, and MGS2 has Ocelot dealing with the Liquid persona in his head, with his father, the Sorrow (from Snake Eater) making a cameo appearance.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-28-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

This was tweeted by one of the directors

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b947b559...r8nrf7_540.png

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I thought season 2 was pretty good and im pretty excited for a potential season 3.

I wouldn't mind if Warren Ellis did more video game adaptations.
    I really like his version of Castlevania so far, but those moments where the heroes pause and then laugh in unison come off as extremely forced and awkward. Otherwise as far as writing goes, no other complaints really.

As for the animation, the atmosphere and designs are nice, going for that Symphony of the Night aesthetic, but the animation itself is pretty choppy and could use more frames (even the act of Trevor simply offering a hand on a shoulder for comfort looks like it's suffering from lag). So it seems the art direction is perfectly fine but they need either more animators or a different studio.

poor Hector. That is all I'm going to say
    The J-man

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

spoilers:
    Having Bloody Tears play when the heroes storm the castle is the biggest highlight of the season for me. As a long time fan of Castlevania that moment got me hype.
    end of spoilers

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    poor Hector. That is all I'm going to say
    Honestly, I couldn't find it in me to feel sorry for Hector. He put himself in that situation by being disloyal. spoilers:
    Carmilla making it official by snapping a collar on him and beating the red out of his hemoglobin felt utterly earned.
    end of spoilers
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I could see Hector rebelling against Carmilla in a future season.

I watch season 2 and like it. well from what I gather at the end of season 2 . Season 3 will be the start of the Curse of Darkness arc. I think if they also do Christopher Belmont then Simon would either be introduce in Season 6 or Season 7. after that Juste Belmont would be introduce in season 7 or Season 8.

follow by Richter Belmont in Season 8 or 9. Season 9 or 10 would be the Symphony of the Night arc.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

spoilers:
    This was brought up in another forum but wasn't it established that the creatures a devil forgemaster creates are loyal to him and him alone? Even if Carmilla can make Hector create monsters for her, he'd still be the one to control them.
    end of spoilers

While it's been known that Netflix greenlit Season 3, we now know that it'll be 10 episodes long.

Getting up there, gradually, slowly. That's good. No premiere date set just yet, though, but I imagine it would be June or July like season 1, but whether that's 2019 or 2020 remains to be seen. (god, hopefully the former)
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-31-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    spoilers:
    Having Bloody Tears play when the heroes storm the castle is the biggest highlight of the season for me. As a long time fan of Castlevania that moment got me hype.
    end of spoilers
    So, so good.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    spoilers:
    This was brought up in another forum but wasn't it established that the creatures a devil forgemaster creates are loyal to him and him alone? Even if Carmilla can make Hector create monsters for her, he'd still be the one to control them.
    end of spoilers
    Unless she breaks him, like she seems to be in the process of doing. He's a really soft guy.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."