Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Given his adaptation in the "Captain N" cartoon he's definitely in need of some serious animated redemption.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

if we go by the games Simon is pretty much the most physically durable member of the Belmont Family. he would have the highest damage soak out of all the members of the Belmont clan . in terms of speed and agility Simon would be the slower and less agile then his descendants. Power wise he's equal to Trevor since both don't use magic.

logically it was Simon's sheer strength , toughness, the Vampire Killer , mystical weaponry and sheer determination that allow him to face Dracula's hordes and beat Dracula twice. I have to say that out of all members of the Belmont family Dracula probably hated Simon the most, because the dude kill him once and then resurrect him a second time just so he could kill him again.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-02-2018 at 10:55 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Leon's story isn't really important though. A shout-out is all he needs and he got that.
    I mean it’s the origin of Dracula, it’s the origin of how the Vampire Killer whip was made, it’s the origin of the first Belmont and the path he made to have his descendants oppose Dracula.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, Simon isn’t really that important either beyond being in the first games. He’s probably hit the most basic storyline. Dracula reappears and Simon goes to his castle to best him. It doesn’t have the lore of Dracula’s Curse, he wasn’t the guy who finally beat Dracula like Julius, he doesn’t have the rich storyline Richter has. He’s literally just a random Belmont who faced Dracula once. Honestly probably the least consequential and tied to the others the least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    if we go by the games Simon is pretty much the most physically durable member of the Belmont Family. he would have the highest damage soak out of all the members of the Belmont clan . in terms of speed and agility Simon would be the slower and less agile then his descendants. Power wise he's equal to Trevor since both don't use magic.

logically it was Simon's sheer strength , toughness, the Vampire Killer , mystical weaponry and sheer determination that allow him to face Dracula's hordes and beat Dracula twice. I have to say that out of all members of the Belmont family Dracula probably hated Simon the most, because the dude kill him once and then resurrect him a second time just so he could kill him again.
    Simon was the most badass because he did it on his own and was mortally injured the second time.

That’s said I believe the lore is thstbeach successive Belmont is stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I mean it’s the origin of Dracula, it’s the origin of how the Vampire Killer whip was made, it’s the origin of the first Belmont and the path he made to have his descendants oppose Dracula.

I mean in the grand scheme of things, Simon isn’t really that important either beyond being in the first games. He’s probably hit the most basic storyline. Dracula reappears and Simon goes to his castle to best him. It doesn’t have the lore of Dracula’s Curse, he wasn’t the guy who finally beat Dracula like Julius, he doesn’t have the rich storyline Richter has. He’s literally just a random Belmont who faced Dracula once. Honestly probably the least consequential and tied to the others the least.
    Twice. Simon's Quest, remember?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post

Leon's story is typical Castlevania fare though. Leon and Drac being best friends is the only substantial element of their story. Other than that it's the typical Castlevania fare. Kidnapped/dead lover, hunt down the vampire responsible, etc. It's an underwelming story that didn't need to be told.

Leon's story is typical Castlevania fare though. Leon and Drac being best friends is the only substantial element of their story. Other than that it's the typical Castlevania fare. Kidnapped/dead lover, hunt down the vampire responsible, etc. It's an underwelming story that didn't need to be told.
    Most Castlevania plots are really basic anyway. The best one is probably Aria of Sorrow (and Aria is a retread of SotN in many ways), and that's only because of Soma's secret.

I think that Simon's descendants had more magical power while Simon mostly just had brute strength. Richter and Julius have the highest magical power out of any Belmont. Magic trumps brute strength in Castlevania so Richter and Julius are the most powerful Belmonts.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Magic trumps brute strength in Castlevania so Richter and Julius are the most powerful Belmonts.
    Except Dracula is canonically the most powerful magic user in the entire Castlevania franchise, and Simon curbstomped him twice. Pretty twinkling lights are nice and shiney, but at the end of the day, all you need is a good whip, machismo, and some good old fashioned berserker rage.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I think that Simon's descendants had more magical power while Simon mostly just had brute strength. Richter and Julius have the highest magical power out of any Belmont. Magic trumps brute strength in Castlevania so Richter and Julius are the most powerful Belmonts.
    Simon's grandson Juste has the highest magical power of all the Belmonts. He regularly casts elemental magic and summons. It's like he's the only Belmont that realizes he has Belnades blood in him.

Simon's grandson Juste has the highest magical power of all the Belmonts. He regularly casts elemental magic and summons. It's like he's the only Belmont that realizes he has Belnades blood in him.
    both Simon and Trevor can't do item Crash. I'm sure stuff like Grand Cross and Hydro storm aren't stuff that requires physical strength to use. stuff like that would likely require magic since Juste can also do the Grand Cross and most likely will power or Spiritual strength. Julius is supposed the most powerful Belmont and often his Grand Cross is listed as evidence of this.

Strongest Belmont physically : Simon

strongest Belmont magically Juste.

Strongest Belmont spiritually : Julius.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-05-2018 at 01:26 AM.
    My Forum check it out

both Simon and Trevor can't do item Crash. I'm sure stuff like Grand Cross and Hydro storm aren't stuff that requires physical strength to use. stuff like that would likely require magic since Juste can also do the Grand Cross and most likely will power or Spiritual strength. Julius is supposed the most powerful Belmont and often his Grand Cross is listed as evidence of this.

I dunno, now it seems like we're delving into gameplay mechanics when that's a slippery slope. For example, saying Simon is the physically strongest Belmont is one thing, but then it can be countered by any number of game examples within his or in games starring others, and that's all based on what the devs feel would make for better or more innovative gameplay rather than in service of the narrative itself. Like, is it really fair to say that Rictor is the best fighter simply because he has more moves in sidescrolling? Where does John Morris really get his strength from if he's only a tiny-fraction-bit related to the Belmonts? etc. etc.

On the other side of the coin, there's sometimes a boss or two in a game that puts up a better fight than End Boss Dracula himself. And yet he is, as was pointed out above, canonically the most powerful magic user in the franchise (if he isn't the most powerful, why is he always in charge? Surely some evil demon or vampire wants a shot at the crown, which was a major plot point in Season 2 here). So it's difficult to sometimes reconcile gameplay mechanics and the greater narrative itself.
    Last edited by Cyke; 11-05-2018 at 01:11 PM.

Isn't spiritually and magically the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Isn't spiritually and magically the same thing?

I base Spiritual strength of an Belmont around Holy powers such as Grand Cross and Hydro Storm . Julius Belmont can tear a part of the Castle with his Grand Cross in his boss fight. I'm also count the Vampire Killer since it's a holy weapon. the strength of it's holy power is what so do the most damage to Dracula.

Netflix series is different in this regard when it comes to the whip . as the whip Trevor starts out with and the Morningstar he gets in season 2 are shown as two different weapons in series. unlike the games the whip doesn't upgrade itself in the Netflix series.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-05-2018 at 04:07 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Honestly, I don't want them to stick to the game timelines strictly. They didn't for the first two seasons (Trevor and Sypha in the games were backed by the church, not fighting them). Use the characters for inspiration for telling their own original stories, like the developers of Lords of Shadow did.

For example, why not combine the character Isaac with Shaft? He is already fanatically loyal to Dracula and gifted with dark powers.
    Life is but a dream