Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    well I've decided I'll hop back on batman with the current I Am Bane Story Arc and detective with the league of shadows story arc

hope i don't regret it
    I think you've made an excellent choice! And I would recommend picking up the trades of both The Victim Syndicate and I Am Suicide!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think you've made an excellent choice! And I would recommend picking up the trades of both The Victim Syndicate and I Am Suicide!
    I'll probably avoid wonder woman though....nothing against rucka or the character

it's just the format of story telling just frustrated me and having one good story interrupted by a crap story isn't worth paying twice for double shipping

I'll probably avoid wonder woman though....nothing against rucka or the character

it's just the format of story telling just frustrated me and having one good story interrupted by a crap story isn't worth paying twice for double shipping
    Aha! Well, I personally am really enjoying both stories, but it will probably make more sense in trades.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

BANNED

Aha! Well, I personally am really enjoying both stories, but it will probably make more sense in trades.
    trades that will take forever to come out...one thing i hate about dc

trade waiting means You'll be sitting around for damn near a year

Yeah. That's the frustrating thing. You could also borrow other people's singles while you're waiting on the trade.

BANNED

Yeah. That's the frustrating thing. You could also borrow other people's singles while you're waiting on the trade.
    which i could do if i didn't live in a place without comic book shops or book stores with comics...plus most of the people around me are retired old folks who have no interest in comic books

i gotta get all this crap mailed to me...

which i could do if i didn't live in a place without comic book shops or book stores with comics...plus most of the people around me are retired old folks who have no interest in comic books

i gotta get all this crap mailed to me...
    Haha. That is sad, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    'Tec started out extremely strong and was my favorite DC book, but Monster Men was bad and interrupted a smooth run. It's still my favorite DC book, but I hate that Tim isn't on the team anymore.

Batman started out awful, IMO. I didn't care for the Gotham story, but the last several issues have been really, really good.

So right now, I would say both books are very good and you can't go wrong with either one.
    totally agree. Detective is my favorite Bat book. the Monster Men crossover was really jarring. Batman was kind of middling but lately has been much improved.

BANNED

Haha. That is sad, indeed.
    yeah it is....the nearest walmart sold manga for a few months but then stopped completely so i just don't think there's any interest for stuff like that and comic books around here

most of comics i can find...archie digests and maybe a random trade paperback(one or two copies)like the killing joke

Ultimate Member

yeah it is....the nearest walmart sold manga for a few months but then stopped completely so i just don't think there's any interest for stuff like that and comic books around here

most of comics i can find...archie digests and maybe a random trade paperback(one or two copies)like the killing joke
    Do Ebay.

I have seen more sets of Batman and pretty much all the Rebirth books after an arc.

I have at used book stores seen way more Batman & Detective books in used comics bins way too often. Batman after the first 6 issues and Detective-the issue after Tim left.

I think the last 4 Batman books have popped up in the used books stores days after they came out. Other than Action Comics, Justice League, Flash & Green Lanterns that doesn't happen with Batman books. Not even Batwing nor Gotham Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Fanfiction's fine, but it's free. I'm not interested in paying $2.99 twice a month for it.

I dislike Tynion's take on the book because he seems more interested in writing "Look how cool I am" moments for his favorite characters than in telling satisfying stories with strong plots and effective conclusions.
    I would think that you'd want the writers to be fans of the characters that they write. I don't get why being a fan should be a strike against a writer, if you don't like the directions that they take then that's a different issue.

I'm pretty sure Tynion IV not writing weak plots and ineffective conclusions on purpose.