Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default DC comics netflix series

If DC comics/Warner Bros decided to compete with Marvels netflix series, Would it be a good Idea if they made netflix series to expand on the DC Extended Universe movies.

Don't they already have CWSeed for exclusive, online, DC content?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Don't they already have CWSeed for exclusive, online, DC content?
    I'm talking about if they made netflix series based on the DC cinematic universe (Also called DC Extended Universe).

Quote Originally Posted by kingmyth View Post
    I'm talking about if they made netflix series based on the DC cinematic universe (Also called DC Extended Universe).
    No. I think DC-TV is doing fine on their own and tying it down to the movie side might be like a lead weight. IMO DC-TV is on a roll and is more consistently enjoyable than the DCCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    No. I think DC-TV is doing fine on their own and tying it down to the movie side might be like a lead weight. IMO DC-TV is on a roll and is more consistently enjoyable than the DCCU.
    They definitely have very popular shows
    Superhero shows are trash

I might be in the minority but if Dc moved or had the chance to make their series Netflix exclusive the shows would be wayyyy better then they are now a lot of the CW-DCTV shows lost their way and just got stale.

I don't think anything like this is likely to happen.

I'd be okay with a DC Netflix series, but I'd probably want it to stay separate from the movies. There's just too much baggage associated with them, not the least that the common critical consensus is that they're not very good- a sentiment I very much disagree with, but a prevailing sentiment that'd drag down any associated property nevertheless.

But I do think that a Netflix series would have the potential to be better than what they're doing in the CW 'verse.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I don't see DC doing any Netflix series set in the DCEU or revolving around the DCEU given that's probably as impractical as Marvel's model, where any "shared universe" element is more lip-service from the Netflix side then anything else.

As to whether a Netflix series would have the potential to be different then the Arrowverse shows, that would probably be dependent on the showrunners and what exactly DC or WB execs want.

If Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg were doing a Daredevil show, it would probably feel like a Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, and Andrew Kreisberg Daredevil show as much as the Arrowverse shows all feel the influence from those writers.

BANNED

I for one would LOVE a more well written,and way better acted DC show than the CW shows,that I watch,each and everyone of them.

Netflix is Marvel,so Hulu or Amazon would be a good place.

But if I really got my wish I would have a DC Netflix pay app

I'd prefer they forgo live action and do a more mature oriented group of animated series' That is DC's bread and butter. And why fight it. Animation is just as respectable.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'd prefer they forgo live action and do a more mature oriented group of animated series' That is DC's bread and butter. And why fight it. Animation is just as respectable.

I.agree about going animated,they don't have to hold back on it looking and feeling like a "live" comic.
    But it is way cheaper to just do live action I bet,but look at YJ,DN good stuff there

I want a Netflix type DC service

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

If they were to, for some reason, do Netflix series that were separate from the DCEU, CWverse, and Gotham (hint hint, they dont really need to do Netflix), they could(/would have to?) do shows on more obscure characters/franchises but could still draw decent views/interest. Maybe LoSH or House of Mystery/Secrets or Animal Man?

edit:
    what they could do, if Gotham ever suffers from lowered ratings (which I'm not sure if it is, but I know a few ppl including myself who watched S1 and S2 and just didn't care to watch any of S3...tho I may once I get the time), they could move Gotham to Netflix and expand on that Gothamverse w/ shows about older Selina/Ivy or some of the mob families...I dunno, kinda hard to expand when Gotham covers almost all of it in some way, shape, or tidbit form.
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 02-12-2017 at 09:58 PM.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I'm dissappointed in every live action DC TV show. I like, pretty much hate them. **** acting, fucking soap opera, saccharine pieces of ****. God I'm so angry. Get your **** together DC! I don't care what you do just stop sucking big huge wang changs all the time!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I'm dissappointed in every live action DC TV show. I like, pretty much hate them. **** acting, fucking soap opera, saccharine pieces of ****. God I'm so angry. Get your **** together DC! I don't care what you do just stop sucking big huge wang changs all the time!
    100% agreed. It's pathetic, really. The CW stuff is unwatchable.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    I agree with this so much! I also really dislike the current cinematic universe, but DC still has time to fix it, possibly unlikely because of the chaos it is experiencing. Right now, i only care about their animatef stuff.