Imagine all the people
    Living for today...
    Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

When the words of the prophet/martyr John Lennon are heeded then maybe we might be on to something.
    Damn right, Golgo 13!

(even if I'm not sure that he would have appreciated the words 'prophet' or 'martyr' : a bit too religious maybe... And no religion too... One of the BEST lines of the song )
    Last edited by Abe; 02-15-2017 at 07:05 AM.

Mighty Member

Until, either.....

A. EVERYONE figures out the most constructive way possible individually to channel their emotions, or....

B. Free will is eliminated via intrusive brain implants...

No. Bigotry will always exist to varying degrees.

Fantastic Member

There's no "wising" up to it, anymore than monogamy is a natural instinct. While that doesn't mean that monogamy doesn't work for some, it is not a natural tendency. Just like quashing tribalism, which is mostly at the root of all kinds of bigotry, is never likely to happen. Not unless science can master genetics completely, and that it is the source of these human instincts and traits, might we be able to erase them from the species. There's some things that are what being human is. And no matter how enlightened a society is, not everyone is in control. Not being a bigot is an exercise in being contrary to being human.

Extraordinary Member

I think about these quotes from the 4th Doctor in "Genesis of the Daleks". The Daleks are basically murderous space Nazis who believe they are the superior race in the universe.

Well, I do! You see, some things could be better with the Daleks. Many future worlds will become allies because of the fear of the Daleks!

Failed? No, not really. You see, I know that although the Daleks will create havoc and destruction for millions of years, I know also that out of their evil must come something good.
    For all the bigotry in the world, it is reassuring when complete strangers come together, and stand against it.

Human beings are flawed people there will always be people that have negative feelings towards other for various reasons. To say religion for example is the cause of war and hate is ignorant is there have been plenty of wars that have happened without religion involved, and there have been people that have shot and killed people of color, LGBT etc without being religiously motivated. Personally, I would live to live in a world where black, white, asian, hispanic, straight, gay, bi, atheist, christian, liberal, and right wing could just all RESPECT each other and not tear each others beliefs to validate your own beliefs. We all have far more in common than what we don't have in common. And this division that has run rampant in society is what is really killing us all.

Humanity without bigotry?

There is only one way: remove free will from every single human being, now and forever. Without free will, bigotry will definitively go away.

Suck it, Superman: Darkseid was right all along.

Of course, the eradication of free will also means the eradication of happiness, anger, sadness, ambition, as well as every other true feeling or emotion.

But if ending bigotry is your only concern, then you won't mind "throwing the baby out with the bathwater", as the old saying goes.

Otherwise, just accept that bigotry will always be a part of human nature and that the Fight will never be over, nor in your lifetime, nor your children's lifetimes, not in your 10 to the 10th degree descendants' lifetimes.

Utopia will never ever happen. But the March toward it must always go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Damn right, Golgo 13!

(even if I'm not sure that he would have appreciated the words 'prophet' or 'martyr' : a bit too religious maybe... And no religion too... One of the BEST lines of the song )
    Hehehehe....If I was blessed enough to say that to Lennon, I like to think he would LOL at being called a prophet to his face.

Yes, the line about "and no religion too" was right on the money. A man ahead of his time.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

It is easier to entertain the idea of removing free will than it is to have a world without bigotry

It is easier to imagine the end of the world than to imagine the end of capital's totalizing influence.

The problem is human nature is used as a stand in for any behavior that can't be easily explained.

Racism? Human nature.
    Homophobia? Human Nature
    Sexism? Human nature.
    Transphobia? Human nature.
    Xenophobia? Human nature.

The thing is, we do not come out of the womb hating people because they are different. We are taught through various means to hate and fear the other. Social constructs which somehow always lead to the idea of X is natural and right are promoted by the ruling class. For example, the idea that white has always been a thing is shown to be false if you look at history. So what is to be done? I would say to attack the source of these bigotries so that they are rendered irrelevant.

We could if there were no white people around.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    I am taking the bait for anyone else.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr_crisp View Post
    If the color of the races were reversed, I have no doubt we would have the same problems that we face today.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I am taking the bait for anyone else.

I'm sure they'll be more fish bitin'. It's the best bait for catchin'.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...
    Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

When the words of the prophet/martyr John Lennon are heeded then maybe we might be on to something.
    and that got him shot

humans are garbage fires with short memories and selfish desires

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    I'm sure they'll be more fish bitin'. It's the best bait for catchin'.
    Meanwhile I want to comment how interesting is to see everyone reasoning for this subject is, from racial, to social political reason to human nature to religion itself.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Meanwhile I want to comment how interesting is to see everyone reasoning for this subject is, from racial, to social political reason to human nature to religion itself.
    Yes, talking about racial or any human interaction and perceptions, is an interesting subject. But like subjects like abortion, things can go south quick when people are close minded and ignorant about it. That's why, while, this thread has gone well so far; I was not surprised at a race baiting comment like that one.