BANNED

Default Salkind continuity stories

Would anyone else like to see DC publish stories set in the continuity of the Superman movies made in the 80s by Alexander and Ilya Salkind?

BANNED

DC has recently published comics set in the continuity of the 60s Batman and 70s Wonder Woman TV shows; the Chris Reeve Superman movies would seem like a good next step.

BANNED

Richard Dinner, yes.

The Salkinds.... heck no. They ruined Superman 3 with stupid carp such as the chain reaction street shenanigans.

Fantastic Member

I like the idea of the George Reeves Adventures of Superman being used for a Batman '66 or Wonder Woman '77-style book a lot more than the Salkind-produced movies. And really, the best ideas from that series came from the Richard Donner movies, and those ideas were already largely used in the main Superman books.

BANNED

I don't know; SUPERMAN III and SUPERGIRL had some good elements. I'd love to see Reeve's Superman and Slater's Supergirl have an adventure together.

Incredible Member

The only movies adapted out of that series were III and IV and Supergirl. (Though the Superman Returns books had flashbacks to Superman: The Movie.)

I'd love a Superman '78 book.

Quote Originally Posted by Truman Burbank View Post
    I like the idea of the George Reeves Adventures of Superman being used for a Batman '66 or Wonder Woman '77-style book a lot more than the Salkind-produced movies. And really, the best ideas from that series came from the Richard Donner movies, and those ideas were already largely used in the main Superman books.
    I would like that more too. Batman '66 Meets the Adventures of Superman. And it keeps with the theme of mash-ups of TV shows.
    DC has already done the series were Batman '66 Meets the Man from U.N.C.L.E. and Batman '66 Meets Steed and Mrs. Peel.

BANNED

I've thought it might be fun to see a follow-up to SUPERMAN III where the Gus Gorman character turns out to have been Brainiac in disguise the whole time, as I believe was the original intention.

They could also adapt the unmade fifth Superman movie the Salkinds at one time were planning to make with Chris Reeve. It would have had Supes going to Kandor, Supergirl's home, where he fights Brainiac and is killed, but is reborn into a younger clone body. If it had been made, I'd have liked to have seen Helen Slater reprise her role as Kal-El's cousin from the SUPERGIRL movie.

I'd rather see a Christopher Reeve Superman series featuring the Linda Carter Wonder Woman and Michael Keaton Batman than any more of the vastly overrated nonsense that is the 66 Batman series. It was meant as a mockery and caricature of the character and his world and I, like Michael Uslan, have never understood its popularity.

Since the Keaton Batman films had a timelessness to them, you could easily establish that they are also set on the same Earth as the Reeve Superman films and Carter WW series.

I'd also be up for a solo Adventures of Superman series based on the Reeves series, offering a view of the DC Universe inspired by that show. Batman would be more like the 40s serials and the Justice Society could be used instead of the JLA.