Mighty Member

Default AFTER DC vs. Watchmen : who wants Marvel vs DC?

If the world of Watchmen can cross into DCU, howabout another DC vs Marvel crossover after that storyline finishes?

What can we do to make it better than the 90's crossover?

I'd like a number of miniseries such as Harley Quinn vs Marvel, Deadpool vs DC

The two could smash their way through Gwenpool, Squirrel girl, Thyphoid Mary/ Deadshot, Deathstroke, Lobo etc
    before a Harley/Deadpool crossover...

Maybe another Amalgam too : Quinnpool, Mole man/Penguin fusion etc..

YOUR ideas on this one?

Well to be fair, Watchmen IS DC, so it's a lot easier for it to crossover with the rest of the DCU.

As for a Marvel Vs. DC, I would be really fascinated to see what that would look like nowadays, I just have very high doubts it'll happen anytime soon. Mainly because unlike the friendly rivalry/craziness that was the 90's era, this era is all about the Cinematic Universes, and those sides of Marvel and DC HAAAAATE each other. So it'll have to take a miracle for them to sit down and decide how they would do this.

Astonishing Member

I really want DC vs Marvel, but it would have to be a large scale event and have damage good writing and art but...with the amount of work it would need to happen and be more then a cash grab(ex civil war ii) I don't think it will happen any time soon

Well, it'll never happen. At least not for a very, very long time. I seem to recall reading somewhere that the last time they tried this it didnt end up being as fun or as profitable as they had hoped, and the legal twister they had to play to make it happen was a killer.

But if it did happen again?

I say to hell with the big giant events and worlds ending threats. That kind of garbage gets in the way. Give me something smaller and character driven. Give me a scene with Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman having a conversation over wine. Give me Harley Quinn and old man Logan starting a bar fight. Give me Superman and Miles Morales talking on a roof top.

Seeing the big fights is always fun, and who wants to miss a chance to see the League and Avengers fight a common foe? And its always fun (yet self-defeating) to see the heroes fight one another. But we've seen that a couple times now and....meh. Give me some real content, some real interaction between Marvel and DC's rosters! By all means, give us someone for them to punch together, but don't let that overshadow the chance to have some of the biggest fictional names in popular culture hang out and bounce off each other.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I can't remember if I liked the original vs.

Spectacular Member

Personally I'd love to see another Marvel/DC crossover, in fact I think they are both missing a good bet by using the Cosmic Egg from the JLA/Avengers crossover to do a semi-reset to iron out a few of the inevitable continuity errors that both have been dealing with since their last reboots (Rebirth for DC, Secret Wars II for Marvel).

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

It could b very fun. Maybe have a main "event book" featuring the Avengers vs JLA and then a couple of tie ins? Deadpool & Harley Quinn? Or Deadpool vs. Lobo? Batman vs Punisher? Wonder Woman & Captain Marvel etc Lots of cool pairings they could do.