View Poll Results: Should there be an X-Men and Inhuman team?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. They should work together from now on.

13 18.31%
  • Nope. After IVX, it would be impossible to reconcile.

20 28.17%
  • They should not hate each other, but go their separate ways.

43 60.56%
  • There should be mutant/inhuman hybrids and make their own team.

6 8.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Niffleheim

Flint is going to space with the Royals
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Nope.

It'll never be the same after IVX. At least Moon Girl will still be cool.

The bitterness between the fanbases is permanent though. Worse than AVX to be honest.

I was one of the people that thought maybe they could have a joint school at some point, but with how things went with DOX and are going with IVX. . . .

It's a bit implausidle that either side would trust the other enough to form a new team too soon after the event. Plus Resurrxion's relaunchs of both sides will need some time to settle in before they'd think of crossing over again.

A new unity team could be a good idea down the line a couple of years but now? No.

Reminder: This is a thread about a possible X-Men/Inhumans unity team, not somewhere to crap on the fans of either side. Watch yourselves.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Incredible Member

I don't think it's a good idea at all. It's already problematic that mutants and inhumans are difficult to tell apart for the average MU citizen... so no it's better if they both go in separate ways.

I doubt it.

1. Cap founded the unity team in answer to the question - What do the Avengers do for mutants? I doubt if there is much cause for continuing bitterness between the Nuhumans and the Mutants, following IvX, and therefore there's less of an in-story justification for a team. Not that this would stop Marvel, of course

2. There is, in contrast, cause for bitterness between Black Bolt, Medusa, and their feudal minions among the classic Inhumans and the Mutants. However, the Royals, having metaphorically passed the moral event horizon, will now be encountering physical astronomical phenomena in space.

3. As a practical measure, the "Unity" team was no doubt an attempt to attract X-Men readers to an Avengers title. And by this stage, from what I can see, it's relatively popular and acclaimed among X-Men fans (not so much to start with ). IvX, in many ways, is an attempt to promote the Inhumans brand and attract X-Men readers to the event tie-ins. I suspect Marvel will probably just quietly continue to put together popular Mutant characters and popular Nuhuman characters together in a team setting, rather than launch a formal Unity team, which would draw controversy. But I don't know, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I don't see iso, flint or naja anywhere on that team.
    Well, i think that the point is that the Secret Warrior are made of the likeable Inhumans and Karnak.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

One of the things I like about the Uncanny Avengers is that they include mutants. I feel like in a world with so many mutants, they shouldn’t be exclusive to X-teams only. Mutants can compliment any team they are a part of. Inhumans should also be more a part of other teams. But they are also forming exclusive inhuman teams like the X-Men or teams that want to have mostly inhuman members (Secret Warriors/the Inhuman New Mutants...).

The Royals wouldn't fit in any other team (except maybe for Crystal) because they've be secluded and prefer not to mix with anyone, but NuHumans aren't Royals and don't owe them anything. Including membership to their team. Many NuHumans are resentful because they didn't want to be inhumans and find them to be at fault. At the end of everything the Royals will return to be what they once were and leave the earth based NuHumans to do their own thing on the Earth, where they’ve always been. I think they want to stay at home with their families and not go to Attilan just because they’re inhumans now.

That said, if an inhuman joins any team, they should/will probably be NuHumans. Not exactly an "X-Human" team.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    One of the things I like about the Uncanny Avengers is that they include mutants. I feel like in a world with so many mutants, they shouldn’t be exclusive to X-teams only. Mutants can compliment any team they are a part of. Inhumans should also be more a part of other teams. But they are also forming exclusive inhuman teams like the X-Men or teams that want to have mostly inhuman members (Secret Warriors/the Inhuman New Mutants...).

The Royals wouldn't fit in any other team (except maybe for Crystal) because they've be secluded and prefer not to mix with anyone, but NuHumans aren't Royals and don't owe them anything. Including membership to their team. Many NuHumans are resentful because they didn't want to be inhumans and find them to be at fault. At the end of everything the Royals will return to be what they once were and leave the earth based NuHumans to do their own thing on the Earth, where they’ve always been. I think they want to stay at home with their families and not go to Attilan just because they’re inhumans now.

That said, if an inhuman joins any team, they should/will probably be NuHumans. Not exactly an "X-Human" team.
    Given that Xaviers dream was that mutants and humans should be working side by side, I think a team with mutants doing exactly that as a tribute to Xavier on his death was definately appropriate. Not that there aren't mutants in non-mutant teams (Beast for example has been doing it for decades), but it's nice to see more of that especially since there are now SOO many mutants they can't all possibly fit despite the half a dozen x books on the shelf at any one time. So I definately hope Uncanny Avengers sticks around.

As for the Royals... Medusa and Crystal have both been in the FF, and Crystal has been an Avenger. So it's not that unsual for a member of the Royal family to be on non Inhuman team. But the NuHumans do feel like an easier fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianbarreilles View Post
    I don't know about that the house of m/decimation kept on being brought up several times over the years I think they stopped referencing the event around 2014 at least in the X-men titles and it was very similar in that there's lots of mutants being killed.

I know why they stopped referencing it though but bendis will occasionally bring up the story or some other X-men writer it was brought up in the oath even but yeah it was something that I think marvel at least is trying to move away from but with the scarlet witch house of m/decimation situation it made sense why they're trying to move on from that story.

But it really remains to be seen how much or how significantly death of X or even Ivx will be brought up in the X-men books post Ivx.

Considering how big of a continuity gaffe there has been with Cyclops and Marvel's willingness to keep pushing how evil he is throughout the event, I can't see it being brought up all that often. Something changed with editorial and sooner or later the books should reflect that change instead of trying to shove a failed storyline down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nope.

The bitterness between the fanbases is permanent though. Worse than AVX to be honest.

I was one of the people that thought maybe they could have a joint school at some point, but with how things went with DOX and are going with IVX. . . .
    Perhaps.

That said, in-story the blame for the release of the Terrigen Cloud lies with Black Bolt. The blame for the "murder" of fake-Cyclops and therefore the apparent preparedness of the Inhumans to respond with deadly violence to the destruction of the Cloud lies with Medusa and Black Bolt.

No matter how the fanbases may quarrel it does seem - and it's still early days - that the Nuhumans who were innocent in the Cloud's release, who had their status thrust upon them by Black Bolt, will be guiltless in the conclusion of the Cloud storyline. This is particularly the case given Kamala Khan's reaction to the two-week deadline.

The irony is that the comment we've all seen in its various forms is "I find the classic Royal Inhumans interesting, but the Nuhumans (except for Ms Marvel and Moon Girl) derivative or dull". By the end of this event this may change to "I find Black Bolt/Medusa/Karnak disgusting, but the Nuhumans are OK"

If they manage that, it will be a more solid basis for a new series featuring Nuhumans and Mutants than AvX. But I do find a formal "Unity" team to be improbable.
    Last edited by Coin Biter; 02-14-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nope.

There was a good deal of bitterness over AvX, but marvel still went ahead with Uncanny Avengers and A+X. I don't think internet bitterness necessarily will effect marvel all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Well, i think that the point is that the Secret Warrior are made of the likeable Inhumans and Karnak.
    "Likeable" inhumans?

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    "Likeable" inhumans?
    Translation: Likeable to X-Fans
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGods View Post
    Translation: Likeable to X-Fans
    Honestly I'd like to think only a small percentage of the readership on the internet gets wrapped up in the whole fan base vs fan base thing. I think to most readers are fine with both franchies even if they just happen to be fighting in a story.