Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Default Superman #17 Preview

http://www.cbr.com/superman-17-exclusive-preview/

Fiumara! So here we go with the change of pace. Weird Jon isn't jumping into this one.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Giving Superman horror story arcs seems to have become a new trend since the New 52, not that I'm objecting or anything like that.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Oh! I totally forgot that this was where he ran into the psychedelic moose.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Fiumara! So here we go with the change of pace. Weird Jon isn't jumping into this one.
    A girl's grandfather and cow have mysteriously disappeared, of course Jon is hesitant in jumping in. hell, I wouldn't blame Clark either if he ends up involved.
    Pull-List:

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

Maybe it's just me but if I was watching horror flicks and someone suddenly interrupts and asks me to go to a creepy place called Deadman's Swamp in the dead of night, I won't be jumping at the opportunity, either.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Quote Originally Posted by rui no onna View Post
    Maybe it's just me but if I was watching horror flicks and someone suddenly interrupts and asks me to go to a creepy place called Deadman's Swamp in the dead of night, I won't be jumping at the opportunity, either.
    I'm personally happy I live in a suburban area, no swamps over here.
    Pull-List:

this is why superheroes shouldn't watch horror movies. One jumpscare and you might burn down the house.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Love slice of life issues like this. Tbh, I hope Tomai and Gleason write a solo series with nothing but Jon and Kathy's adventures.

I'm getting a Stranger Things vibe from this...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm getting a Stranger Things vibe from this...
    My thoughts, exactly. But I guess Stranger Things was giving an E.T. vibe with the kids riding bikes and the small town thing. But all that stuff is pitch-perfect for a Superman story, too. In fact, it was pretty good when Pak gave us the super sci-fi horror New 52 Ultrahumanite, and it was pretty good as well when Jeff Lemire gave us the weird Smallville horror stuff in his Conner Superboy run. I love this kind of stuff!

Great art. Great "slice of life" in the increasingly interesting life of the last grandson of Krypton.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Thinking about tenporarily unsubscribing again for this. Is this whole issue/arc going to just feature Jon and his friend? He's got his own book now, why not put it there? I read Superman books for adult stories featuring Superman (Not that I consider SuperDad the real Superman, but I'm hoping Reborn fixes that).

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Thinking about tenporarily unsubscribing again for this. Is this whole issue/arc going to just feature Jon and his friend? He's got his own book now, why not put it there? I read Superman books for adult stories featuring Superman (Not that I consider SuperDad the real Superman, but I'm hoping Reborn fixes that).
    Filler issue/one-shot. Reborn starts with issue #18.
    Currently Following:
    Action Comics, Deathstroke, Red Hood and the Outlaws, Super Sons, Superman, Superwoman, Teen Titans, Titans, Trinity, Wild Storm, Monstress, I Hate Fairyland, Black Monday Murders, Kill Or Be Killed, Redlands, Crosswind, Astonishing X-Men, Captain America, Daredevil, Defenders, Hawkeye, Tales of Suspense, American Gods, Animosity, Black Eyed Kids, Red Sonja

Spectacular Member BeefBourguignon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    I read Superman books for adult stories featuring Superman
    A man in long underwear punching things.
    Great repositories for everything regarding Post-Crisis Superman
    http://www.fortressofbaileytude.com/
    http://superman86to99.tumblr.com/

I'm in. I understand the "In a Superman title I want Superman" idea, but one, Superman will surely show up, and two, I'm from the 90s, I'm used to interludes.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm in. I understand the "In a Superman title I want Superman" idea, but one, Superman will surely show up, and two, I'm from the 90s, I'm used to interludes.
    Yep. In fact I have missed the occasional interludes that serve to enrich the world Superman exists in. Why not have an issue here and there where the supporting cast takes center stage. Why not have say, a Jimmy and Perry adventure. Or Bibbo regailing Jon with tall tales of his favrit Etc. With both books double shipping, there is 48 issues a year. 80 pages a month 4 years worth of page count for most other characters per year. There's room to do these sorts of things.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.