Thread: Mulit-Verse

Default Mulit-Verse

i read the latest issue of Jessica Jones (#5), which dealt, in part, with the fallout from Secret Wars (which I had studiously avoided when it came out). Is there a multi-verse in the Marvel Universe or is 616 the only remaining Earth. I really enjoyed The Exiles series, and would be very disappointed if there was no multi-verse, just because that would make it impossible for them to revive that series.

Sandy Hausler

There is a multiverse, it was re-created at the end of Secret Wars. Currently the Future Foundation are exploring it.

I so want to see Jessica wearing a smiley button in this story.

Yeah, plus America Chavez is still dimension-hopping all the live long day, so yeah, multiverse is most definitely a thing.

considering both Spider-Gwen and X-Men '92 take place/took place in AUs, yes definitely.

to say nothing of the multiverse-hopping Web Warriors.
    I surrender to the Contest

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

As others have mentioned there are alt-universe books or books that deal with multi-verse stuff so it is still around.

Sorry, I saw the typo in the thread's title "Mulitverse" and giggled at the thought of an AU where every character, everywhere, has a mullet. J. Jonah Jameson has a flattop mullet, Iron Man's armors all have armored mullets, Prof. X has a balding mullet, Galactus has a mullet, Thor just looks like Chris Hemsworth, etc.

Ben Grimm is the Thing....with a mullet.

I'm weird, I admit it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Sorry, I saw the typo in the thread's title "Mulitverse" and giggled at the thought of an AU where every character, everywhere, has a mullet. J. Jonah Jameson has a flattop mullet, Iron Man's armors all have armored mullets, Prof. X has a balding mullet, Galactus has a mullet, Thor just looks like Chris Hemsworth, etc.

Ben Grimm is the Thing....with a mullet.

I'm weird, I admit it.
    I thought the same thing.

MarvelMullets2.jpg
    tumblr_nmwrxuPCuT1r3yxp8o1_500.jpg
    Spider-Man-Mullet.jpg

I'm curious to see what happens to the currently displaced New Universe characters.

It's interesting because, I could be wrong so please correct me if I am, but Spider-Gwen, Renew Your Vows, and Spider-Man 2099 are the only comic series currently going on that aren't set in Earth-616. So while yes there is still a multi-verse, and a lot of multi-verse hopping with lots of characters, only those 3 primarily take place in separate universes. It at least allows them to feel more special/unique now.

Spider-Man 2099 mostly takes place in the present day of 616.
    I surrender to the Contest