Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default ‘Deathstroke’ Takes On Both Titans Teams In ‘THE LAZARUS CONTRACT’

Sounds kind of fun.

http://comicsalliance.com/lazarus-co...ver-exclusive/

As DC Rebirth continues, more mysteries about its hidden history are being answered, and one of the biggest is that of Deathstroke‘s relationship to the former Teen Titans. This May, Deathstroke, Titans, and Teen Titans will crossover for a four-part event titled “The Lazarus Contract,” as Slade Wilson targets the returned Wally West as part of an effort to resurrect his son Grant, aka the original Ravager.
    The event is written jointly by Dan Abnett, Benjamin Percy, and Christopher Priest, and features art by Brett Booth, Khoi Pham, Carlo Pagulayan and Paul Pelletier. The name of the crossover brings to mind the famous “Judas Contract” storyline from Marv Wolfman and George Perez‘s New Teen Titans, which saw Deathstroke try to bring down the Titans from within, and it seems key answers may be found in the history of Deathstroke and the Titans.

So not only will we be getting the revamped version of the Judas Contract, but also see the two Titans teams together as well as an epic battle between both groups and Deathstroke .

I'm in .

I wonder if Slade might actually succeed in reviving Grant?

Astonishing Member

eye roll it might be good but, I hate redoing classic storylines because it always pales in comparison to the first version. I can't count the multiple time DC has tried to redo the "Great Darkness Saga" for the Legion and they have all been wanting. I would rather you take the original as canon and build on it instead of trying to retell something that you aren't likely to top. I know that Rebirthing and DC's refusal to make the Wolfman Perez Titan's era canon so they have the opportunity to retell the Judas Contract but that doesn't mean that they should. Color me jaded. I have no issue with a Titans/Teen Titans crossover or making Deathstroke their main antagonist but just prefer they not desecrate the remains of a classic to do so.

That's very....huh....different. I like this.

Though I'm really worried about Wally's portrayal here....Not another Identity Crisis again please. Then again, Priest has written a brilliant Superman vs Deathstroke recently so maybe I shouldn't worry too much and enjoy the Wally centric story.
    Last edited by Waterfall; 02-13-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Since when could someone like Deathstroke steal the speed force, that surprises me a little.

Other then that I'm definitely excited for this, especially if it means both of the Wally's team up again and Damian and Dick teaming up as well. I also can't wait to see how the teen Titans interact with the Titans.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Looking forward to hopefully getting interaction between:

- Dick and Damian.

- Wally and Wally.

- Garth and Jackson.

- Donna and Kori.

- Dick and Kori.

And re-establishing Dick and Slade's rivalry .

So... it's kinda like Titans Hunt meets Flashpoint...
    But with the past event being the reworked 'Judas Contract', the present event being 'Lazarus Contract' and Deathstroke as Flash...

Curiouser and curiouser.

Btw... why even try to make the 3rd and 4th cover connect if the colorist isn't going to at least try..? That's kind of annoying and seeing them side by side sets off my ocd. Lol.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Btw... why even try to make the 3rd and 4th cover connect if the colorist isn't going to at least try..? That's kind of annoying and seeing them side by side sets off my ocd. Lol.
    I've seen better connecting covers, though I do like seeing all the Titans together like that.

I like that they're reestablishing Slade's connection to the Titans. Also like the fact that this isn't just a retelling of the Judas Contract.

Spectacular Member

This looks quite good, dc not messing around this year haha, the whole rebirth story looks to be picking up pace this year

Extraordinary Member

Well, at least they're not just straight up retelling JC. This will just be a present-day story that flashes back. Still wish the thing it was flashing back to was just, you know, the original Judas Contract. I'm probably going to skip this, but I am curious as to how they plan to fit Beast Boy into the story. His character was really impacted by what went down in JC to the point where it wouldn't be the same story if he wasn't on the team when it happened. Plus, it would give us the chance to get older Gar back and I really miss him.

Ok! I'm officially on board with this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, at least they're not just straight up retelling JC. This will just be a present-day story that flashes back. Still wish the thing it was flashing back to was just, you know, the original Judas Contract. I'm probably going to skip this, but I am curious as to how they plan to fit Beast Boy into the story. His character was really impacted by what went down in JC to the point where it wouldn't be the same story if he wasn't on the team when it happened. Plus, it would give us the chance to get older Gar back and I really miss him.
    This is Priest, you understand. Probably gonna be dense in flashbacks and require 2 or 3 readings.

Hmm, at least its not a rewrite of the JC.

Astonishing Member

This looks awesome and tracks very well with Priest's depiction of Slade - because he's a bastard, and a cynical bastard, but in the world of gods and monsters, when he's trying to kind of patch up or at least do something with his kids lately, yeah, he's a supervillain with affiliation with the League of Assassins and whoever else ... of course he might try to straight up resurrect Grant. Also he's got that super-brain, so "noticing" some things are wrong with the timeline could well be in his wheelhouse, because of his increased senses and perception. But of course, he's Slade, so he's going to notice these things and then use them for selfish, evil reasons.

Damian learning more about Dick will be good. Proper sequel to Judas Contract is good. That was one of Dick's first big "I go undercover in an evil acronym organization" gigs, with H.I.V.E., so it fits his current status quo, plus we might get some interaction with him and Rose. Damian might provide a link to Ra's al Ghul and the Lazarus pits. Garth and Jackson should be fantastic to finally see meet up. The two Wallys are obviously super important here. And more than that even, I get a kind of a Young Justice (TV show) vibe. And hey, there's Bumblebee on the cover!
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com