Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    So is it The Judas COntract, The Lazurus Contract, or both? Although I do like the idea of Slade trying to resurrect Grant.
    I think it's supposed to be both, it sounds like in the present we are dealing with the story of Slade trying to bring Grant back which drags in both the Titans and Teen Titans but something happens that goes back to the forgotten past of the Titans that deals with the the Judas Contract.

Or what Lee Stone said, I could be wrong.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Its that time of the month where Slade has to kick some Titan ass.

It'll be interesting to see what role Jericho and Rose might play in this, and Joey in the Judas Contract update, given their history with the Titans in the past.

I edited the images to fit together better.
    Had to resize the second and third covers and put a border around to hide the gaps.

Unfortunately, there was no way around the excessive lightning effect/lack there-of between the third and fourth part, without removing all the color.

Click the image for larger size.

"There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Imagine Speed force Slade and Hellbat Batman vs DC Earth with Damian cussing everyone... oh the tears. Godstroke is coming.

I can't wait.

BANNED

I just hope Priest got most of the dialogue job, i'm very excited for this crossover event. =)

It'll be interesting to see Rose's reaction if the Terra relationship with Slade is revealed. Also her relationship with Nightwing will lead to some interesting conflict. I don't read either of the titans books but I'll have to pick them up for the cross over.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Hmm. I'm... cautiously optimistic.

I'm curious as to how Wally could help Slade somehow bring back Grant, since that's kind of out of left field. I guess Slade's gonna use the Speed Force to travel back in time and save Grant or something. Why he'd go after Wally and not the obviously in-experienced and slower NuWally will hopefully be explained (maybe he just thinks Wally's got more Speed Force (which he probs does)).

I'm more interested in whatever went down with the original Titans. It seems like Deathstroke already has a history with them, and with Grant dead I'm guessing that plot thread played out similarly to how it did originally. And Dick apparently trained Rose while he was both Robin and Nightwing, so I'd love to learn the history there, since Rose has been pretty cool in Priest's Deathstroke run. Heck, I'd love to see her reunite with the Titans, and possibly explain a possible falling out with the team, since she was abrasive to Nightwing in flashbacks and I think she's killed on-panel a few amount of times, so it's possible there was a falling out. Learning about the new history of the Titans and Deathstroke has been (mostly) pretty fun, so hopefully it stays that way.

I'm a bit iffy on the 'crossover' bit though. Teen Titans, to me anyway, has been THOROUGHLY mediocre-at-best, and that's only when characters aren't shouting their feelings and saying and doing stupid ****. Titans has been pretty 'meh' overall when not focusing on Wally, and even then it's frustrating. Deathstroke has been good, but obviously since this is Priest it sometimes needs a while to click.

I'm curious as to how the different writing styles is going to come into play: Abnett is a very typical superhero writer, and he's not subtle but not unsubtle, I guess, and he likes his action scenes. Percy has no subtlety in anything he does, but to his credit he's cut down on the series penchant for long, drawn out fight scenes. And Priest is a writer who won't hand-hold or explain anything until it's wrapped up, and even then he won't fully explain, but uses action scenes very well. It'll be... interesting to see these guys work together. ****, if anything, the creative team makes me want to see a Batman/Deathstroke crossover! Tom King and Christopher Priest would probably have a blast together!

The connecting cover is okay, but I've seen better, and the multiple Deathstrokes hurts it a bit. Plus, it feels like a spoilery one is missing between the third and fourth. If The Flash was involved, I'd say theere was possibly another speedster who Deathstroke steals the Speed Force from. I like Deathstroke's Speed Force costume at least; I like tot hink taht he'd be smart enough to be able to copy Wally once he sees Wally weave one out of the Speed Force.

So yeah, cautiously optimistic, and luckily I'm reading all of the series already (might drop Teen Titans after or before this though).
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 02-14-2017 at 07:20 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

I look forward to the Peter Contract, in which the Titans deny they ever knew Slade three times.

Quote Originally Posted by Orujo-man View Post

I can't wait.
    Same here. This sounds really cool.
    Batman - Daredevil

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Hmm. I'm... cautiously optimistic.

I'm curious as to how Wally could help Slade somehow bring back Grant, since that's kind of out of left field. I guess Slade's gonna use the Speed Force to travel back in time and save Grant or something. Why he'd go after Wally and not the obviously in-experienced and slower NuWally will hopefully be explained (maybe he just thinks Wally's got more Speed Force (which he probs does)).
    Original Wally "died" or rather came back to life. Cousin Wally has never been shown to be fast enough to get pulled into the Speed Force. Only original Wally has ever done that--and done it multiple times.

I'm more interested in whatever went down with the original Titans. It seems like Deathstroke already has a history with them, and with Grant dead I'm guessing that plot thread played out similarly to how it did originally.
    ^THIS^ times ten!
    The restoration of NTT history is the one thing I am most looking forward to in this crossover. And we all know that Priest excels at succinct flashbacks restoring old continuity that got thrown out post-Flashpoint. I am positively giddy at reading all of those flashbacks to classic Titans tales!

The connecting cover is okay, but I've seen better, and the multiple Deathstrokes hurts it a bit.
    Agreed on all counts. But hey, anything that gets Mike McKone back doing more work at DC is fine with me. ;^)

So yeah, cautiously optimistic, and luckily I'm reading all of the series already.
    I'm reading all 3 books, have been since Day One and I am loving ALL of them!

Right now, this is the #1 storyarc at DC I am most looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Original Wally "died" or rather came back to life. Cousin Wally has never been shown to be fast enough to get pulled into the Speed Force. Only original Wally has ever done that--and done it multiple times.

^THIS^ times ten!
    The restoration of NTT history is the one thing I am most looking forward to in this crossover. And we all know that Priest excels at succinct flashbacks restoring old continuity that got thrown out post-Flashpoint. I am positively giddy at reading all of those flashbacks to classic Titans tales!

Agreed on all counts. But hey, anything that gets Mike McKone back doing more work at DC is fine with me. ;^)

I'm reading all 3 books, have been since Day One and I am loving ALL of them!

Right now, this is the #1 storyarc at DC I am most looking forward to.
    I'm looking forward to the flashbacks, too.

Mostly to see Abnett fill in the rest of the timeline from Justice League #51 up to the team regrouping in Titans Hunt.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I'm looking forward to the flashbacks, too.

Mostly to see Abnett fill in the rest of the timeline from Justice League #51 up to the team regrouping in Titans Hunt.
    Amen!
    I have been waiting for Abnett or another writer to follow up on that Titans history foreshadowing from Justice League #51 for months.

Can. Not. WAIT.

This actually look interesting and I hope this turn out to be better than DC previous two events.