Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    This is Priest, you understand. Probably gonna be dense in flashbacks and require 2 or 3 readings.
    Uh, I mean, I haven't really seen that as a trademark of his. He has done it in Deathstroke, but when he does do it, its basically consistent with Pre-Flashpoint canon, even when it comes at the cost of New 52 canon (which is fine in my book). Hopefully, that's what we'll get here.

Plus, the past few issues of Deathstroke have been pretty "flashback-less"
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-13-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung
    This is Priest, you understand. Probably gonna be dense in flashbacks and require 2 or 3 readings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Uh, I mean, I haven't really seen that as a trademark of his. He has done it in Deathstroke, but when he does do it, its basically consistent with Pre-Flashpoint canon, even when it comes at the cost of New 52 canon (which is fine in my book). Hopefully, that's what we'll get here.

Plus, the past few issues of Deathstroke have been pretty "flashback-less"
    I'm with gwangung. This is Priest. I've never read a Christopher Priest story that was badly written. Ever. This is gonna be good.

Also, I'm piggybacking on what Zeeguy91 just said. When Priest does flashbacks in Deathstroke, it is mostly consistent with pre-Flashpoint continuity even at the expense of New 52 canon which is also fine with me.

This is going to be a very good crossover. If you're a true Titans fan, I would advise you buy this. I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.

Lol, even deathstroke doesn't like Roy's glasses and is knocking them off on the cover.

Looks great, a sort of reimagining to Judas contract, I am not collecting deathstroke so I am happy only one issue is in the crossover, although I wouldn't be surprised if the previous issue is a prelude or something.Will probobly get interconnecting cover,although it would be nice if the variants connected too like in superman reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Red obin View Post
    Lol, even deathstroke doesn't like Roy's glasses and is knocking them off on the cover.

Looks great, a sort of reimagining to Judas contract, I am not collecting deathstroke so I am happy only one issue is in the crossover, although I wouldn't be surprised if the previous issue is a prelude or something.Will probobly get interconnecting cover,although it would be nice if the variants connected too like in superman reborn.
    Comics Alliance did an interview with Priest back in August where he said this story will tell the origin of both Titans and Teen Titans.

My money is on Priest, Abnett and Percy working Cyborg back into Titans continuity. All I ask is that Terra and The H.I.V.E. also get included.

My hopes for this crossover are very, very high.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Cool seeing bumblebee and Kaldur

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Cool seeing bumblebee and Kaldur
    I love both of those characters so I'm happy about that, too.

Oh, and check this out...

Quote Originally Posted by ComicsAlliance.com
    TEEN TITANS #8
    Written by DAN ABNETT, BENJAMIN PERCY and CHRISTOPHER PRIEST—Art by KHOI PHAM and WADE VON GRAWBADGER—Cover by MIKE McKONE—Variant cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    “THE LAZARUS CONTRACT” part two! The Teen Titans collide with the Titans after both groups are targeted by the World’s Deadliest Assassin—Deathstroke! But when Robin interrogates Nightwing about his history with Deathstroke, dark secrets are revealed and alliances are broken!
    On sale MAY 17 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    DC Rebirth re-establishes Nightwing's history with Deathstroke--YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Comics Alliance did an interview with Priest back in August where he said this story will tell the origin of both Titans and Teen Titans.

My money is on Priest, Abnett and Percy working Cyborg back into Titans continuity. All I ask is that Terra and The H.I.V.E. also get included.

I like that they're actually working on making Titans a franchise again.

I'm only on Titans #2, so I haven't read #3-8, yet...
    Has Abnett touched on the tease that the Antithesis possibly manipulated Dick into forming the original Teen Titans?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I like that they're actually working on making Titans a franchise again.

I'm only on Titans #2, so I haven't read #3-8, yet...
    Has Abnett touched on the tease that the Antithesis possibly manipulated Dick into forming the original Teen Titans?
    Lol no the first 6 issues are all in the same night and have Wally monologuing the same 2 lines ("Linda doesn't know me why does it even matter that I'm back!" and "I have to save Linda!") in slightly different ways each issue. So little happens, just Kadabara. No exploration of the team beyond watching Wally do stuff.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Lol no the first 6 issues are all in the same night and have Wally monologuing the same 2 lines ("Linda doesn't know me why does it even matter that I'm back!" and "I have to save Linda!") in slightly different ways each issue. So little happens, just Kadabara. No exploration of the team beyond watching Wally do stuff.
    Lol. I'm glad I'm binge-reading.
    #3-8 will probably read better in one sitting next month.

And now I have a reason to check out Teen Titans and Deathstroke.
    I kinda wish Nightwing's book was involved, too, though.

And... something else...
    Seeing how Judas Contract ended with a status quo change for the Titans (also in an Annual), who or what do people think will change on the teams?

I'm suspecting the major Titans change will be with Omen.
    She's often pushed into a corner on the covers and almost no one likes her crurrent costume.
    I'm gonna take a guess that she's going to pull a Jean Grey or Psylocke and come out of it with a new snazzy look (fingers crossed).
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-13-2017 at 03:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

I kinda wish Nightwing's book was involved, too, though.
    I'm quite surprised it isn't - Seeley seemed open to the idea, and Priest was specifically after it.

Maybe there's a "tie-in" rather than a part of the story we'll hear about when the full solicits come out next week. An annual maybe, to avoid interrupting the current arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I'm quite surprised it isn't - Seeley seemed open to the idea, and Priest was specifically after it.

Maybe there's a "tie-in" rather than a part of the story we'll hear about when the full solicits come out next week. An annual maybe, to avoid interrupting the current arc.
    Has the Nightwing Annual been solicited, yet?

Maybe Dick and Donna being on the same cover together might mean the two will actually get to talk to each other. It is a shame they haven't really interacted at all yet given how close they were and how Dick was the last person to speak to her before she was erased.

BANNED

I'm with gwangung. This is Priest. I've never read a Christopher Priest story that was badly written. Ever. This is gonna be good.

Also, I'm piggybacking on what Zeeguy91 just said. When Priest does flashbacks in Deathstroke, it is mostly consistent with pre-Flashpoint continuity even at the expense of New 52 canon which is also fine with me.

This is going to be a very good crossover. If you're a true Titans fan, I would advise you buy this. I seriously doubt you'll be disappointed.
    He's not my favorite - like Morrison and Nocenti I often feel like there's some sort of style-element that sometimes overpowers clarity but I can roll with it.

Astonishing Member

Has the Nightwing Annual been solicited, yet?
    No, no idea if there's going to be one either - but it would seem a good venue for a Nightwing tie-in when his solo book has been, I assume, planned very far in advance.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

According to Priest this crossover will address Terra and Slade's relationship, and whether or not she was really an underage girl he was sleeping with, so she's definitely in. I'm hyped for this!