Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    According to Priest this crossover will address Terra and Slade's relationship, and whether or not she was really an underage girl he was sleeping with, so she's definitely in. I'm hyped for this!
    OMG.

Any chance you have a link to the interview where he said that? Or you remember what website had the interview? I can Google it if you do.

And thanks 'cause you just totally made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by sustainentropy View Post
    According to Priest this crossover will address Terra and Slade's relationship, and whether or not she was really an underage girl he was sleeping with, so she's definitely in. I'm hyped for this!
    I hope so.
    My personal interpretation of their Wolfman era relationship was that she had a crush on him, even dressing and acting 'all grown up' to appeal to him, and he was leading her on to get to the Titans and nothing more.
    There was probably a lot of flirting going on, but I highly doubt they did anything.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    OMG.

Any chance you have a link to the interview where he said that? Or you remember what website had the interview? I can Google it if you do.

And thanks 'cause you just totally made my day!
    I didn't have to go far

Although the crossover must have been pushed back, because it was originally scheduled to start in Deathstroke 12 or so instead of 19.

http://www.cbr.com/priests-deathstro...udas-contract/
    Last edited by sustainentropy; 02-13-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I hope so.
    My personal interpretation of their Wolfman era relationship was that she had a crush on him, even dressing and acting 'all grown up' to appeal to him, and he was leading her on to get to the Titans and nothing more.
    There was probably a lot of flirting going on, but I highly doubt they did anything.
    I hope so. I know Priest likes to portray him as pretty morally corrupt, but I'm not sure he'd stoop that low.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I'm so down for this. Been hoping that both team's would interact so this is just a dream come true and with Deathstroke involved = Added bonus

Invincible Member

I always thought that Terra was supposed to be 16 no more than 17 yrs old in the original story. While just this side of legal, it's still skeevy and think Wolfman meant it to be. Slade was an amoral killer and Terra was a sociopath, it was a scene to show how scuzzy they were. I think Marv probably didn't realize how shocking it would be for some fans though.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

As I'm not reading two of the three books involved I'm sitting this out. It's much cheaper for me to drop out of Teen Titans for the duration of the crossover than it would be to pick up issues of two titles I don't even read anyway. Deathstroke has never been a character that interested me in the first place so this crossover isn't really for me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I'm still salty that neither Static or Blue Beetle are a part of the Teen Titans roster! Two of DC's most popular teen characters and they are no where to be found on DC's premier teen team! Hopefully this event leads to a roster shake-up!!

I'm curious what role Terra will play though.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    He's not my favorite - like Morrison and Nocenti I often feel like there's some sort of style-element that sometimes overpowers clarity but I can roll with it.
    Oh, that's understandable. He's a more challenging read than most writers, and sometimes his challenge gets in the way of clarity.

But his work on BLACK PANTHER and QUANTUM & WOODY shows off both his strengths and weaknesses in my book.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I'm still salty that neither Static or Blue Beetle are a part of the Teen Titans roster! Two of DC's most popular teen characters and they are no where to be found on DC's premier teen team! Hopefully this event leads to a roster shake-up!!

I think Blue Beetle will be in the animated version of Judas Contract

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Static might be off-limits for Milestone and I think the current TT roster is pretty good.

I'm not a fan of events shaking up a roster too much because it feels a little less organic, especially when teams are still finding their footing at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I think Blue Beetle will be in the animated version of Judas Contract
    And he is, and no longer sporting a mohawk I might add .

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I always thought that Terra was supposed to be 16 no more than 17 yrs old in the original story. While just this side of legal, it's still skeevy and think Wolfman meant it to be. Slade was an amoral killer and Terra was a sociopath, it was a scene to show how scuzzy they were. I think Marv probably didn't realize how shocking it would be for some fans though.
    True.
    She had just turned 16 while she was a member.

I can see how a 16 year old with a severe mental instability and hormones getting mixed up with an opportunistic mercenary with no morals and a strong desire for revenge could lead to something bad.
    Terra and Deathstroke were villains, though, through and through.
    Maybe a bit more in the grey than stark black and white, but they were still villains who wanted nothing more than to kill the Titans.
    Deathstroke for revenge.
    Terra because she was crazy and the 'happy life' of the Titans disgusted her.

We could probably dig deeper into both of them, because Wolfman made them more layered than the typical villains of the day.
    Terra likely was secretly jealous of the happiness the Titans represented and her mental instability probably made her feel 'damaged' and that she could never fit into that perfect picture.
    And Slade was blinded by revenge and willing to do anything to get it. Even though he was meticulously calculated at strategizing the 'business end' of getting revenge, he was still a servant to his own emotions, which were the one thing he couldn't control. He was bordering insanity, himself, due to his obsession of getting revenge. Which in turn, was really him not wanting to take responsibility for his son's death and channeling his subconscious guilt into hatred.

My two cents.

Btw... here's a great analysis of her story arc I found.
    I totally missed some of her more morbid comments that foreshadowed her reveal and how Slade mimicked the Doom Patrol's past with Gar.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I like that they're reestablishing Slade's connection to the Titans. Also like the fact that this isn't just a retelling of the Judas Contract.
    +1

10char
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

So is it The Judas COntract, The Lazurus Contract, or both? Although I do like the idea of Slade trying to resurrect Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    So is it The Judas COntract, The Lazurus Contract, or both? Although I do like the idea of Slade trying to resurrect Grant.
    Looks to me that it will be Lazarus Contract, with Judas Contract re-established as a past Titans event in flashbacks and refined by current continuity.