azuraswisdomtoyoufriend

Question Best place to start with the Iron Man comics? (for the unaffiliated)

Hey,

so I haven't really ever read any comic books, except maybe some of my dad's old Batman ones when I was a kid, but I'm keen to start.
    I want to start with Iron Man, because he's my favourite character in MCU, and I was wondering if there was any particular place I should begin?
    I'd rather read things I'm already at least a little familiar with, like; Pepper being a snarky bad-ass, Tony and Rhodey buddy-copping about, and Obadiah being hella evil.

So... recommendations?

Start with David Michelinie/Bob Layton's run. It's already out in an Omnibus.

The classic stories to look out for would be Demon in a Bottle, Armor Wars, War Machine, and Extremis. If your willing to shell out for it, the Michelinie/Layton Omnibus is a good place to start, it has issues #115-157(of which has the Demon in a Bottle storyline). I'd also recommend the Busiek/Chen Omnibus, which contains their 25 issues from the late 90s/early 00s, art is very 90s but it's a very solid Iron Man run.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Start with David Michelinie/Bob Layton's run. It's already out in an Omnibus.
    I second this. I'm not a big Iron Man fan, but this was a really good run.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor