Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

I agree it's great to see the real Bane back in Gotham and hunting Batman. He should always be a top level threat when he is used in a story. I don't like the execution thus far from King though. The 3 guys hanging in the cave, then the Robins on ice...all while Bats travels to and from the Fortress as Bane is stalking all over Gotham.

The jump from last issue to this one was jarring, I thought I may have missed a page somehow. Maybe it all gets explained in course of the story and I'll like it. But after the issue I was disappointed. The Pirate talking about the multiverse "reborning" for one panel was my fave moment.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

This just proves that King has no business writing a Bat book. Duke over Tim and Steph? Dick over Bruce?? Helena over Jason??? Has he read ANY Bat books over the last five years?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Hey, so this is off topic, but did anyone notice in issue #16 when everyone sits down at the Bat Burger table - Bruce hands Duke a soda cup with the Robin logo on it? Not saying everything is completely lined up, but Dick has a Nightwing cup, Bruce has a Batman cup (Jason has what appears to be a Batgirl cup, and after further thought this may be because Red Hood isn't exactly portrayed as a Superhero idk)
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

The Batfamily Will Preval UnderTheRedHood's Avatar

I Can't Wait For the next one
    Last edited by UnderTheRedHood; 02-20-2017 at 10:49 PM.
    Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, Helena Wayne, Bruce, Harper, Kate, Dick, Barbra, Thomas, Brenna, Tim, Damian, Duke , Stephanie, Luke, Terry,

#BATSQUAD

The previous 3 issues were quite enjoyable. This one, though related, sadly dropped to just average for me. Bane captured his 4 prisoners too easy. Psycho Pirate procedure to cure Gotham Girl is to inelegant. Superman would never hold people against their wills. Story pitch still has potential and the art is still marvelous.
    Batman%u00252Bv3%u00252B017%u00252B%u002525282017%u00252529%u00252B%u00252528Webrip%u00252529%u0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    The previous 3 issues were quite enjoyable. This one, though related, sadly dropped to just average for me. Bane captured his 4 prisoners too easy. Psycho Pirate procedure to cure Gotham Girl is to inelegant. Superman would never hold people against their wills. Story pitch still has potential and the art is still marvelous.
    Batman%u00252Bv3%u00252B017%u00252B%u002525282017%u00252529%u00252B%u00252528Webrip%u00252529%u0.jpg
    How do I edit a post now? I clicked on EDIT POST and added the 'reason' and a new sentence but then there was no place to click that would change my post with the update. I posted a screen cap of where I got stuck (this has happened before). Little help?
    cantedit.jpg

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The bodies hanging in the cave were a message for Bats. A warning from Bane that he was coming for the boys. Presumably, the discovery is what led Bruce to take action and put them on ice, since, as we saw in the previous issue, they were intent to take the fight to Bane in spite of Bruce's warning. Bruce is easily smart enough to guess at that.

Of course, Bane just went after different members of Bruce's "family" instead. Which might actually be part of Bruce's plan, it's always hard to tell. It's sure convenient that Duke decided to rebel just in time to be captured for the big showdown.

Frankly, this is the best portrayal of Bane in a proper Batman book in a while. He comes across as both a serious physical threat, but also somebody who could potentially out-plan Batman. (Makes you wonder if last issue's warning was just so Bruce would take Nightwing, et al, off the board himself and leave himself vulnerable.) We'll see if the confrontation teased in this issue pays off half as well as the build up has.
    One of the biggest plot points of Knightfall was that Bruce might have succeeded if he'd called Dick into Gotham and trusted Tim to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    I'd expect Superman to release the Robins the moment Bruce left. And Bane not only captured 4 major characters but he hung three Robins in the cave...with total ease. While Bats farts around. And I thought the Pirate cure was simple in its directness, but having GG and Pirate in Arkham with just Alfred to guard them is pretty stupid. Shouldn't at least Dick be there to help Alfred?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    One of the biggest plot points of Knightfall was that Bruce might have succeeded if he'd called Dick into Gotham and trusted Tim to do more.
    He would 100% succeed if he just asked Superman for a favour. I know there's a line of dialogue hand waving this away, but it's hard to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat Alex View Post
    He would 100% succeed if he just asked Superman for a favour. I know there's a line of dialogue hand waving this away, but it's hard to buy it.
    I always thought having Superman put on the Bat costume for a couple nights a year and hover around Gotham having bullets bounce off his chest would scare the hell out of people a lot more than a scare grenade and some kung fu. I get that Batman "needs" is to take Bane down himself, if he can't do that then he isn't performing to his peak, and he needs to be at his peak to be 100% effective. But a little Kryptonian scare tactic wouldn't hurt.