Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Bronze Tiger might not make it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bronze Tiger might not make it out.
    I'm going to be really disappointed if he doesn't .

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    Alternatively, he knew that the first thing they'd do after being told not to go after Bane is to... go after Bane. Hence, a few burgers laced with ground-up sleeping pills...
    Except that they were in civilians clothes at Bat burger and Batman said "they will go after Bane again" which implies that they've already made one attempt at going after Bane.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I gotta be honest, this arc feels a lot less dramatic simply because besides gotham girl I guess, we know all of them make it out alive.
    Gotham Girl makes it out, in an earlier issue the narration said Duke and Gotham Girl get married in the future, I think was in the first arc, so she'll survive.

BANNED

I called up the comics shop and said, "Hey, did I miss something between Batman #16 and #17? Was it continued into a Detective book or something?" The answer I get is, "No, #17 is 'I am Bane' Part 2." So the black-haired Caucasian clones went from joking about disobeying Bruce to suddenly becoming his little test-tube babies? I for ONE would have liked to have seen what happened between french fries and The Fortress. Maybe they did get their butts handed to them, but I would have liked to have seen the former Robins all in action together instead of all three of them shuffling off-stage for their beat-down. And just how are they going to feel when they all wake up (that pesky little TRUST issue the Bat-Family has been having lately)? "Oh, your necks were broken and you were all asphyxiated for four hours while you were strung up down in the cave, but not to worry--I just dumped you all into my friendly neighborhood Lazarus Pit." Or maybe just cart them back into Bat-Burger, stuff 'em into the booth again, and berate them for sleeping on the job. Why bother to even meet up with everybody at Bat-Burgers in the first place--just fire some trank darts at 'em so you don't waste your precious time warning them about Bane? In fact, why bother with the cute lil' Bat-Burger scene at all? Just send 'em all out of town to bring you back some rare Russian caviar or something?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I called up the comics shop and said, "Hey, did I miss something between Batman #16 and #17? Was it continued into a Detective book or something?" The answer I get is, "No, #17 is 'I am Bane' Part 2." So the black-haired Caucasian clones went from joking about disobeying Bruce to suddenly becoming his little test-tube babies? I for ONE would have liked to have seen what happened between french fries and The Fortress. Maybe they did get their butts handed to them, but I would have liked to have seen the former Robins all in action together instead of all three of them shuffling off-stage for their beat-down. And just how are they going to feel when they all wake up (that pesky little TRUST issue the Bat-Family has been having lately)? "Oh, your necks were broken and you were all asphyxiated for four hours while you were strung up down in the cave, but not to worry--I just dumped you all into my friendly neighborhood Lazarus Pit." Or maybe just cart them back into Bat-Burger, stuff 'em into the booth again, and berate them for sleeping on the job. Why bother to even meet up with everybody at Bat-Burgers in the first place--just fire some trank darts at 'em so you don't waste your precious time warning them about Bane? In fact, why bother with the cute lil' Bat-Burger scene at all? Just send 'em all out of town to bring you back some rare Russian caviar or something?
    You know this is a preview right? They're not gonna show us everything that happens in the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313
    ; And just how are they going to feel when they all wake up (that pesky little TRUST issue the Bat-Family has been having lately)? "Oh, your necks were broken and you were all asphyxiated for four hours while you were strung up down in the cave, but not to worry--I just dumped you all into my friendly neighborhood Lazarus Pit." Or maybe just cart them back into Bat-Burger, stuff 'em into the booth again, and berate them for sleeping on the job. why bother to even meet up with everybody at Bat-Burgers in the first place--just fire some trank darts at 'em so you don't waste your precious time warning them about Bane?
    Hrm, there was a preview pic of this arc somewhere that showed Batgirl and Batwoman as well. I'm guessing they will get beaten by Bane somewhere in the arc too, as well as Duke and possibly Catwoman.

If Bruce hadn't called the Robins, chances are they would have been safely with their Teams (they are in teams, aren't they?). Since Batgirl and Batwoman are both in Teams, maybe Batman calls them individually too? Otherwise I would have thought they would be difficult for Bane to get to. It's not like their Team members would just stand by while Bane beats them up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyLittleXero View Post
    You know this is a preview right? They're not gonna show us everything that happens in the comic.
    Of course not. BUT I'm willing to bet that sidekick fail is not going to be elaborated upon further than it already has been.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    HahaI enjoyed this ^^a lot.

Here I was excited about a Batman and Robins team up arc and they get benched? I'm so disappointed. The execution was pretty bad too.

I hope this doesn't turn into "Look how Duke obeyed Batman! That is why he is best than a Robin" sort of thing.
    Last edited by kaimaciel; 02-15-2017 at 01:09 AM.

BANNED

Now this issue is on the right track, it actually used the characters relevant to King's run, Bane was actually in character and some familiar faces from Bane's past returned. I almost get the impression that King intentionally middle fingered the Robin fans. Bane continued his rampage but here it was shown, made sense for his character and utilized the right characters. The Robins were just set up to be benched.

I enjoyed this but I have to say that King and Synder are doing everything they can to turn fans against Duke. As i read this I have never hated the colour Yellow so much in my life nor have I been so upset to turn the page and see the colour yellow.

This issue was good. I enjoyed it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I enjoyed this but I have to say that King and Synder are doing everything they can to turn fans against Duke. As i read this I have never hated the colour Yellow so much in my life nor have I been so upset to turn the page and see the colour yellow.
    I didn't mind him here but his character is admittedly all over the place in this arc.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I didn't mind him here but his character is admittedly all over the place in this arc.
    No I was really pissed off when I saw him. It did feel like a big FU to all Robin fans and even though I know the boys will return today's issue really annoyed me. I've been on and off with Duke and this is not endearing the character to me one bit.