Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Should Injustice Superman be redeemed?

With the Injustice 2 comic coming out this week, and the game coming out later this year, I was wondering something: Should the Injustice Superman be redeemed or can he even get redemption at this point? Given everything he's done, even if he were to come to his senses, as it were, is there any way he could make amends for everything he's done?

For that matter, you could ask the same question about Superboy Prime (who I really, really, want to see redeemed).
    Assassinate Putin!

nah, I'm one of those people who didn't buy Vader's redemption in Jedi. At some point you become too far gone, done too much damage to ever make amends or deserve forgiveness. And I like Regime Supes as a villain, he's an interesting villain, So I want him to stay evil. I just wish they called him Ultraman, so that it didn't create the stigma that Superman is corruptable and one bad day from becoming a wannabe Adolf.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 05-01-2017 at 08:51 PM.

I don't know. How can he be redeemed? It se ms that's pretty much what Kara wants. But to be honest Batman is kinda indelicately responsible for that happened. Sure Superman turned into a monster but he probably wouldn't have if Batman got to him before Wonder Woman.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Superman character was always about believeing in second chances no matter how far you have gone. If we are going to make an exceptions for such thing as forgiveness, then what's the point of being a hero?

Look: Regime Supes is well established in the comics as a powder keg about to explode basically from childhood. In my mind, he's less like a Superman who went bad and more like an Ultraman who briefly managed to externally appear as if he were a hero. Redeeming him is about as likely as redeeming Darkseid. On a personal note, redeeming him might contribute to the painful notion that the Real Superman could become a paranoid psychotic child-murdering dictator with "one bad day" as easily as Rejime Superman appeared to, despite the fact that as I said, he was in fact always monstrous).
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."