Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by DCJdog View Post
    Yep. I couldn't have said it better. D.C. has surely learned by now to stop with the trying to fix their continuity.
    Dude, look at what they're doing right now. Rebirth. No, DC has not learned to stop screwing with their continuity. I'm just hoping they've learned which parts of continuity to mess with, and which to leave alone. So far I think they're doing it just about right (Nuperman conversion clusterf**k aside) but we got a lot of road to the end of Rebirth.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    False. New Super-Man's Reborn Aftermath refrenced the 2015 FCBD story which was the beginning of the Truth storyline.
    I mean, obviously Lois never outed her husband's secret identity and nobody seems to know Superman's identity. So Truth could not have happened in the same way. Even though revealing Superman's identity in continuity is a neat concept that I think they should revisit one day, the execution of it in that story was just...bad.

Maybe next time they reveal Superman's identity, they'll explain that the heroes helped Superman regain his by using the same satellites that allowed Dick to go back to being Nightwing.

Ma and Pa kent dying on Clark's prom night happened in Morrison's story so at least some of that story is in continuity.
    The origin has quite clearly reverted back to Secret Origin. That means that Morrison's whole Brainiac origin arc is gone. Also, so is the Vyndktvx stuff since we saw a very different Mxyptlk in the New 52 than the one we've seen brought back and the rivalry with Mxy was pretty much Vyn's whole reason for being.

Plus based on what we know, Clark's only interractions with Kara in continuity are his new 52 storylines based on what we know.
    What is your reasoning for that? Supergirl wasn't even mentioned in the issues. But, if Superman's Pre-Flashpoint history's been mostly restored, its entirely possible for Supergirl's Pre-Flashpoint arcs to be in canon too.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 05-01-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

What is your reasoning for that? Supergirl wasn't even mentioned in the issues. But, if Superman's Pre-Flashpoint history's been mostly restored, its entirely possible for Supergirl's Pre-Flashpoint arcs to be in canon too.
    Your other points are right, if those stories I mentioned happened, they are radically different. But for this point, I really don't see how any Supergirl stories pre flashpoint could have happened. Supergirl is only 16. Orlando said all her new 52 stories are still in continuity. No way to really fit her pre flashpoint storylines into the Reborn timeline.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Your other points are right, if those stories I mentioned happened, they are radically different. But for this point, I really don't see how any Supergirl stories pre flashpoint could have happened. Supergirl is only 16. Orlando said all her new 52 stories are still in continuity. No way to really fit her pre flashpoint storylines into the Reborn timeline.
    Yeah there is. Its called comic book aging. Its as simple as any writer just saying they happened.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Best thing about this right now is that its so vague almost anything could fit in somewhere. Maybe before his public debut saving Lois, Clark wore a t-shirt proto costume and spent a few weeks/months saving lives in Suicide Slum as an urban myth. Far as I know nothing contradicts that. And I think its best if DC keeps it this way. As long as Superman is written in a way that the spirit of all eras and versions can be seen reflected through the character's presentation and personality, it wont matter whether a previous story is "officially" canon. If I want to believe that before Clark got serious with Lois, he struggled with the two sides of himself and "Superman" got more attention than "Clark" I can insert a big chunk of the Silver Age into this current model. If I dont want to insert that, I dont have to.

That's probably as good as it'll get. As long as DC has Superman informed by previous versions, they dont have to worry about the exact events in his life; fans will ignore or insert what they want as long as they have precedence for it.
    This is how I am approaching it to. They've left everything just vague enough for fans to fill in the blanks with whatever they think works best, but also given enough sign posts for future writers so there's no confusion about who the character is and where he's come from, which was the biggest problem they had with the New 52 reboot. This was pretty much confirmed by Jim Lee during an interview he did with Newsarama at the beginning of the Rebirth relaunch.

In my personal version, most of the Morrison stories happened, even a lot of the t-shirt & jeans stuff, but only for a few weeks when he first arrived in Metropolis and was an urban myth. His big public debut with Lois happens soon afterwards in his classic suit, in all his underoos glory

All the rest with Myx, his wife and Vydkwhatever can easily happen within the new continuity as well, particularly with the death of the Kents being kept in.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Yeah there is. Its called comic book aging. Its as simple as any writer just saying they happened.
    We'll see, I doubt they'll be referenced anytime soon either way.