Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man by Zdarsky & Kubert announced

It's nice to have another canon Peter book

Interview
    http://ew.com/books/2017/02/14/chip-...alflow_twitter
    We need better comics

BANNED

Not a huge fan of Zdarsky or Kubert, but anything that gets us away from Parker Industries is alright by me.

Not that big of a Peter Parker fan, but I love Zdarsky's work so I may have to check this out!

Yay, new Spider-Man book!

I think we've been needing a satellite title focusing on more traditional Spidey stuff with Peter for a while now, not to mention having another writer really take a shot at Peter solo other then Slott, so reviving Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man like this is pretty great .

It'll be good to finally have Peter back in NYC and hopefully interacting with his classic supporting cast again outside Aunt May. Not sure about Zdarsky introducing a new character, who might be a love interest, who'll inevitably end up in limbo outside this book, but we'll just have to see. I guess it's too much to hope for MJ to be in the book .

I'm iffy about Zdarsky, but he at least seems to understand the core of the character and his appeal, and Adam Kubert on art is going to be great. Though I wonder if they could actually keep him on a book like this?

And hey, the spider-symbol isn't glowing on that cover .

I wonder if this will be the book that brings in Vulture, Shocker, or Tinkerer in a big way in time for Homecoming while Slott gets to do his own thing in the main book?

Anyone know if Amazing is going to go monthly now?

I guess that thread on what old titles would you like to come back really had some effect on a 2nd spider man book

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Anyone know if Amazing is going to go monthly now?
    It would probably be easier on Slott if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think we've been needing a satellite title focusing on more traditional Spidey stuff with Peter for a while now, not to mention having another writer really take a shot at Peter solo other then Slott, so reviving Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man like this is pretty great .

It'll be good to finally have Peter back in NYC and hopefully interacting with his classic supporting cast again outside Aunt May. Not sure about Zdarsky introducing a new character, who might be a love interest, who'll inevitably end up in limbo outside this book, but we'll just have to see. I guess it's too much to hope for MJ to be in the book .

I'm iffy about Zdarsky, but he at least seems to understand the core of the character and his appeal, and Adam Kubert on art is going to be great. Though I wonder if they could actually keep him on a book like this?

And hey, the spider-symbol isn't glowing on that cover .

I wonder if this will be the book that brings in Vulture, Shocker, or Tinkerer in a big way in time for Homecoming while Slott gets to do his own thing in the main book?
    that is likely exactly what is going to happen
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Well, Zdarsky mentions his love of senior citizens, so I imagine that probably includes Adrian Toomes and Phineas Mason .

Decade long run.

It's good they found something to spin of from the last Howard the Duck book.

BANNED

Love this news. I remember how excited I was when Spectacular made its debut as it meant I was finally able to start a Spidey series on the ground floor. And no other satellite series since has ever quite usurped Spectacular as the main sister title to ASM.

Glad to see it revived and glad to see a great creative team attached to it. I love Slott's ASM but it'll be cool to have another creative voice on a main Spidey title. And I suspect, as others do, that this heralds a return to a more traditional, grounded Spidey.

Spectacular Member AmazingFantasy's Avatar

Awesome! I've been wanting a sister book for so long now... I hope the team does a good job!

This is everything I wanted.

I recently dropped amazing because it sounded like they were going back to the status quo. ( that, and i hate norman osborn) so i think i want to hear what the status quo will be before i decided to pick up this book.