Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    This does kind of make Miles redundant, in that he was supposed to be the new street-level Spider-Man. Not that Bendis has been doing a good job of writing him that way anyway. Part of me feels that Miles' character development has been so bungled that he'd be better off getting killed in Secret Empire.
    I don't think this makes Miles redundant anymore then having multiple Spiders, street-level heroes, or Spider-Men makes each other redundant.

Fantastic Member

just no this has epic fail written all over it and just reeks of marvel pushing another number 1 down our throats really who is asking for this ..If you wan to give these creators a book just put them on amazing spidey. Just look at the numbers a second spidey book to compliment amazing spiderman just does not work really no matter what the hook is or who the creators are. You could easily list at least 10 times they tried this and it failed every time. Marvel just doesnt get it and not publishing amazing spiderman 2xmonth anymore id costing us retailers serious dollars.every month Ill try like hell to sell this and whether your a slott fan or not amazing spiderman is the one true spidey book and the casual fan who doesnt post on these boards is always going there first. another major fail by marvel and by issue 5 this book will easily be selling at a quarter of the amazing book and wont make it past iisue 12

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    just no this has epic fail written all over it and just reeks of marvel pushing another number 1 down our throats really who is asking for this ..If you wan to give these creators a book just put them on amazing spidey. Just look at the numbers a second spidey book to compliment amazing spiderman just does not work really no matter what the hook is or who the creators are. You could easily list at least 10 times they tried this and it failed every time. Marvel just doesnt get it and not publishing amazing spiderman 2xmonth anymore id costing us retailers serious dollars.every month Ill try like hell to sell this and whether your a slott fan or not amazing spiderman is the one true spidey book and the casual fan who doesnt post on these boards is always going there first. another major fail by marvel and by issue 5 this book will easily be selling at a quarter of the amazing book and wont make it past iisue 12
    So back to basics at spectacular spider Man and PI at asm.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Happy Valentine's Day from Marvel to me. They do love me, after all.

zardskyspidey.jpg

This does kind of make Miles redundant, in that he was supposed to be the new street-level Spider-Man. Not that Bendis has been doing a good job of writing him that way anyway. Part of me feels that Miles' character development has been so bungled that he'd be better off getting killed in Secret Empire.
    that depends what he ends up doing with the character.
    But from the itw I guess PPSSM is going to have a much more humorous tone than Miles' title.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Not sure who Zdarsky is, but I hope the book is entertaining to read and be much more basic Spider-man book.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Of course Rich Parker wouldn't be a mainstay of him (sarcasm). Looks like im going back to DC, Marvel can't do anything cool/unique with Peter cuz his stories always tell the same damn thing over and over. It's not interesting, We know Peter is run on his luck and his life sucks, but heres the thing, its kinda his fault hes not smart enough to make a decision based on common sense and a objective to stablize his heroics by what he did as a scientific ceo.

I knew it, you let me down marvel. Beating firelord is nothing special anymore, deadpool beat galactus himself and punisher beat ghost Rider. Spiderman has got to be the most miserable and failing superhero of all time. I have no respect for the wrtiters because the die hard fans ruin it for me, peter no longer represents untapped potential and being the best one day. He will always "lose" at the last second of a struggling battle.

PS: Ill take what i said back if peter keeps his company though.
    Hey, if you read the interview, Zdarsky just says this book keeps a more grounded approach in the same status quo that is used in ASM. I'm very sure that Parker Industries is staying, and that ASM is being used for the more world-ending threats, while this book will be about what Peter does when he isn't saving the world - hanging with friends, stopping street crime, etc.

That we're getting a title that's based around a more grounded, back-to-basics, Peter does make one wonder what's going to be done with Amazing and if they're going to keep Parker Industries around after the end of the next arc and Slott's continual upping the ante on wacky, larger-then-life, plots.

Well this isn't taking anything away from Miles, Miles will still be doing his thing in New York as Spider-Man and Peter will be doing his thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Of course Rich Parker wouldn't be a mainstay of him (sarcasm). Looks like im going back to DC, Marvel can't do anything cool/unique with Peter cuz his stories always tell the same damn thing over and over. It's not interesting, We know Peter is run on his luck and his life sucks, but heres the thing, its kinda his fault hes not smart enough to make a decision based on common sense and a objective to stablize his heroics by what he did as a scientific ceo.

I knew it, you let me down marvel. Beating firelord is nothing special anymore, deadpool beat galactus himself and punisher beat ghost Rider. Spiderman has got to be the most miserable and failing superhero of all time. I have no respect for the wrtiters because the die hard fans ruin it for me, peter no longer represents untapped potential and being the best one day. He will always "lose" at the last second of a struggling battle.

PS: Ill take what i said back if peter keeps his company though.
    Comic book stories aren't documentaries and characters have defining traits for a reason.

Though Zdarsky played Spidey for laughs in Howard the Duck, he's proven to have a great track record with mixing humor with poignant moments and high stakes (even if the stakes are sometimes silly). Kubert is an A-class creator. This might be a secondary title, but I haven't been this interested in the main Spider-Man book since Superior wrapped.

I also look forward to the, hopefully inevitable, crossover between Star-Lord and Spectacular. The Meets of the Petes!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Well this isn't taking anything away from Miles, Miles will still be doing his thing in New York as Spider-Man and Peter will be doing his thing.
    That's the issue - they're both doing more or less the same thing. Bendis hasn't really done anything to differentiate Miles' role as Spider-Man from the one Pete used to hold. Now Pete's returning to that role, I don't see any point in Miles' story unless it veers off in a different direction, which hopefully it will.

That's the issue - they're both doing more or less the same thing. Bendis hasn't really done anything to differentiate Miles' role as Spider-Man from the one Pete used to hold. Now Pete's returning to that role, I don't see any point in Miles' story unless it veers off in a different direction, which hopefully it will.
    I guess we're just gonna have to see how they handle it in the book and it won't just be Peter doing the same old thing in New York.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    Though Zdarsky played Spidey for laughs in Howard the Duck, he's proven to have a great track record with mixing humor with poignant moments and high stakes (even if the stakes are sometimes silly). Kubert is an A-class creator. This might be a secondary title, but I haven't been this interested in the main Spider-Man book since Superior wrapped.

I also look forward to the, hopefully inevitable, crossover between Star-Lord and Spectacular. The Meets of the Petes!
    They did actually meet up in Guardians Team-Up #9.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    Will this new comic get cancelled once Slott or his successor decides to go back to basics in asm?
    I'd imagine much would depend on sales.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets