Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default you know what sucks? those giant television's you gotta mount on the wall

got into a big argument with my dad last night over one of them when we kept having issues hooking it to the mount on the wall and he kept blaming everyone else

seriously though i hate the damn things they are a pain in the ass to set up and someone's gonna get pissed from having to hold a gigantic tv in the air for so long without any success

anyone else have a problem with those?

My TV is heavy enough that it warped the dresser it's sitting on so that one of the drawers doesn't open properly.
    Still, giant TV, totally worth it.

BANNED

This thread might be the very diffinition of "not really a problem but lets make it one anyway".

Ours was not an issue to mount on the wall.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

A TV credenza is worth getting in case you want to store stuff. I bought my entertainment center about 9 years ago and the problem with it is the max screen I can fit in it is 40 in. But I bought a TV credenza for the bedroom and I can put just about any size on that.

For what it's worth, my brother and I had a hard time putting a large framed print of the Nighthawks on my wall too.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Who says you have to hang a big arse TV on the wall? I have a stand that can handle as much as 150 pounds, and my current 65 inch HDTV only weighs around 60. Technology has made TV's bigger while drastically cutting down on weight.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

My TV is not exactly gigantic at 40in and is fairly light for its size but still, a stand works fine for me. I just worry that if I put it onto the wall, it might fall down and that would be the end of it plus even though it probably doesn't work that way I keep thinking that those little vents on the back is for the air and heat to circulate out of and if I back it up against the wall, they might get blocked and overheat the TV.

Guess I'm just get a bit paranoid.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    My TV is not exactly gigantic at 40in and is fairly light for its size but still, a stand works fine for me. I just worry that if I put it onto the wall, it might fall down and that would be the end of it plus even though it probably doesn't work that way I keep thinking that those little vents on the back is for the air and heat to circulate out of and if I back it up against the wall, they might get blocked and overheat the TV.

Guess I'm just get a bit paranoid.
    Those mounts telescope the TV away from the wall, so ventilation isn't a problem.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I convinced my dad to not mount it because I know he'd some how break the tv or the wall. I'm happy enough with it sitting on a tv stand and we can move it around if need be for others to see. Wall mounts mean they're stuck there till you take it down...and then there's the clean up and patching after you take it down.

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post

lololololololololol!! I laughed so hard.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Amazing Member

I have a 49" set and it is really light. I can lift it around effortlessly. Certainly doesn't need to be wall mounted. My TV unit is only designed for a 42" set but the current TVs are so thin and light it isn't an issue.

Amazing Member

Should point out that virtually everyone from this forum lived in the First World. We have a more complex life in many ways than people in poorer nations and small issues can be more of a problem.

Don't need to worry about finding a phone charger if you don't have a phone or electricity and the area you live on doesn't have reception.

Not making fun of those in less developed countries but it is true they have less little things to worry about but more pressing concerns in other ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by weetomuncher View Post
    Should point out that virtually everyone from this forum lived in the First World. We have a more complex life in many ways than people in poorer nations and small issues can be more of a problem.

Don't need to worry about finding a phone charger if you don't have a phone or electricity and the area you live on doesn't have reception.

Not making fun of those in less developed countries but it is true they have less little things to worry about but more pressing concerns in other ways.
    You need to get out more. Cell phones are pretty much everywhere in Africa now (in the absence of land lines, they're literal life savers), so the good people there share in all the problems you mentioned in addition to no longer getting HIV advice from clinics that dare mention the word "abortion" in any circumstance thanks to Trump.