View Poll Results: Should Jimmy know Clark is Superman post SUPERMAN REBORN?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he should still know

24 75.00%
  • No. Jimmy Should completely forget .

5 15.63%
  • Don't care either way

2 6.25%
  • Jimmy who?

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Default should Jimmy be let in on Clark's secret Identity post SUPERMAN REBORN?

The title says it all. Should Jimmy be allowed to retain his knowledge of Superman's identity?

Big yes from me. Long over due and one of the few things the New 52 era got right and was actually progressive to the mythos.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 02-14-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

Yes. That's one change that makes sense to me. And the affirmative way it was done in the New 52 helped both characters.

I'd say so. Jimmy has already proven he can be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The title says it all. Should Jimmy be allowed to retain his knowledge of Superman's identity?

Big yes from me. Long over due and one of the few things the New 52 era got right and was actually progressive to the mythos.
    Agreed, though I've often believed Jimmy and Perry (at least) have always known, much like what DeMatteis did with Aunt May in ASM 400. They keep Superman's secret because not only do they love Clark/Superman and Lois, but they also see it as "paying back" Superman for all he does for them. Maybe that's too cheesy, but I often think this would be a neat angle to pursue.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I say he should, but I know full well he won't at the start because they took the time to show that Jimmy was fooled by the fake Clark just like everyone else.

Normally I would be opposed to the idea of Jimmy confirming that he knows to Superman, but because I want Jimmy to go on family adventures with the new El family, I'll make an exception. The idea of him being a sort of kooky uncle is just too fun to pass on.

So ideally, I'd like them to re reveal it or this time have Jimmy reveal to Clark that he knows and the fake didn't fool him. This way everyone is up to speed and we can move on.

BANNED

It's long overdue and he deserves to know as it has been shown that he is trustworthy when it comes to secrets this big.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

There is one problem though, even though it was in a terrible story with mediocre art. Jim already (to refer to the New 52 version) is Nuperman's secret keeper, he can't be Superdad's secret keeper as well.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    There is one problem though, even though it was in a terrible story with mediocre art. Jim already (to refer to the New 52 version) is Nuperman's secret keeper, he can't be Superdad's secret keeper as well.
    Well, if Nuperman and Superdad's histories and selves somehow become one, as is looking more likely , then Jimmy is Superdad's secret keeper anyway,is he not?
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

Well, if Nuperman and Superdad's histories and selves somehow become one, as is looking more likely , then Jimmy is Superdad's secret keeper anyway,is he not?
    True that, I'm not objecting. you're right.
    Pull-List:

True that, I'm not objecting. you're right.
    I do personally want Geoff Johns' "The Men of Tomorrow" arc to be one of the stories that are axed.
    Pull-List:

I do personally want Geoff Johns' "The Men of Tomorrow" arc to be one of the stories that are axed.
    Possibly, but I don't mind how the reveal was done, and the issue that followed that focused on Clark and Jimmy was pretty good . Probably one of Geoff John's better Superman stories. However, I wouldn't mind if Clark and Lois took Jimmy aside , they get ready to reveal, and Jimmy cuts them off and is like " is this where you tell me you're Superman? Because I've known for years now. You think that fake Clark could fool me? Nah bro. We're cool. Oh, and I don't think you're fooling Perry either. I'm 95 percent sure he knows too."

Possibly, but I don't mind how the reveal was done, and the issue that followed that focused on Clark and Jimmy was pretty good . Probably one of Geoff John's better Superman stories. However, I wouldn't mind if Clark and Lois took Jimmy aside , they get ready to reveal, and Jimmy cuts them off and is like " is this where you tell me you're Superman? Because I've known for years now. You think that fake Clark could fool me? Nah bro. We're cool. Oh, and I don't think you're fooling Perry either. I'm 95 percent sure he knows too."
    Yeah, brilliant idea. he even directly references this event by saying "come on Mr. Kent, of course I already knew. the younger you from a different Earth told me back when we all still thought he was the native version."
    Pull-List:

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Jimmy doesn't believe anymore that Clark and Superman are the same person because reason. Jurgens "retconned" Jonhs. The irony.

Jimmy doesn't believe anymore that Clark and Superman are the same person because reason. Jurgens "retconned" Jonhs. The irony.
    Did Jurgens just retconed, the retconer of the DC writers?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Simple. Jimmy reveals he never bought the fake Clark and that he already knew even before Nuperman told him. He just forgot he knew due to Manhattan monkeying with time.

There, retconing both Jurgens AND Johns!

Remember, Jimmy knew during the Countdown story , until someone decided he didn't and it wasn't mentioned again.