View Poll Results: Should Jimmy know Clark is Superman post SUPERMAN REBORN?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he should still know

24 75.00%
  • No. Jimmy Should completely forget .

5 15.63%
  • Don't care either way

2 6.25%
  • Jimmy who?

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Did Jurgens just retconed, the retconer of the DC writers?
    Shocking!

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Simple. Jimmy reveals he never bought the fake Clark and that he already knew even before Nuperman told him. He just forgot he knew due to Manhattan monkeying with time.

There, retconing both Jurgens AND Johns!

Remember, Jimmy knew during the Countdown story , until someone decided he didn't and it wasn't mentioned again.
    Yeah, I remember Countdown. But I think the Rebirth team "retconned" Jimmy knowing because... you know... they don't want him knowing from now on. There's Lois as Clark/Superman's confidant and it's enough.

Absolutely yes. Jimmy should know the secret. It was plausible that Supes didn't tell him before, even after Lois found out in 1991.

The line for me was after John Henry Irons knew the Secret and Jimmy still didn't (erm... sometime in the mid 90s I think).

Jimmy should have explicitly known the Secret before John Henry (whom I love as a character, btw). It was a mistake that he was in the dark for as long as he has been.

Jimmy should have Clark's full and explicit confidence in keeping his Secret.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, I remember Countdown. But I think the Rebirth team "retconned" Jimmy knowing because... you know... they don't want him knowing from now on. There's Lois as Clark/Superman's confidant and it's enough.
    Do remember that Geoff Johns is involved in the story planning for a lot of these books, particularly ones like the Super-books that are tied to the main Rebirth story. If his decision to have Jimmy know is being retconned or changed, he likely signed off on it.

I'm fine either way, I'd just like to see Jimmy being used more prominently and well more then anything else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine either way, I'd just like to see Jimmy being used more prominently and well more then anything else.
    This, although the one thing I don't want is the apparently popular "I figured it out years ago" as it undermines the whole idea of a secret ID if everyone spending time in Clark's presence long enough can figure it out.

Astonishing Member

Jimmy's entire character needs a reboot but they're so damned fixed on trying to explain how much Clark and Bruce are best buds they can't be bothered.
    Last edited by The World; 02-15-2017 at 04:24 PM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Incredible Member

Thousand times yes... And Perry White should know too......

part of me thinks he should, though at the same time I think there should be at least a couple major daily planet characters who don't know. Like part of the fun of those scenes with Clark in the office is him trying to fit in and dodge suspicion. Maybe if they gave Steve Lombard more page time.

Jimmy should know.

I dont think it has to be a "Ive known for years" sort of thing. I mean, Lois and Perry? Yeah, they're highly talented reporters and they should figure it out if Clark doesnt tell them first. Jimmy on the other hand, is often pretty oblivious and not completely immune to the distracting celebrity/god status of Superman.

There's plenty of people at the Planet for Clark to interact with to keep the purpose of his duel identity intact. But Jimmy needs a role in the mythos that goes deeper than "idiot work friend" and making him Clark Kent's bestie (rather than Superman's) was a stroke of brilliance on Morrison's part and Johns having Clark tell Jim was possibly the single greatest contribution Johns has ever put to the Man of Tomorrow.

DC will almost certainly drop it and return Jimmy to ignorance, because they don't seem to recognize the gold that Morrison left for them. But when they do revert Jimmy to that point (already happened apparently?) the property will be worse off for it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.