Astonishing Member

Default The Negation War: I need an ending

Crossgen comics was an independent comic company, probably one of the higher profile ones that ran from 1998 to 2004. It was the first place I remember seeing Greg Land, and Jim Cheung. They also had high quality artists like George Perez, Steve Epting, and Paul Pelletier. The comic line surprisingly had a central theme but the company folded. The reason I bring it up is that the company folded in the middle of a company wide crossover that was to make sense of the entire universe. Why is this in the Marvel folder? Because Marvel acquired the rights to all of the Crossgen books. Probably just to acquire a book to turn into a tv show or whatever but I really want to know how the Negation War turns out. The core books were so well put together that they were better than just about everything Marvel is putting out right now. I just wish Marvel would reprint the core books on the cheap, to churn up some interest and finally finish off the Negation War, it might spring board Marvel into a successful line of books in a self contained universe. CBR is one of the most popular message boards there is out there so maybe if a little interest and conversation can get started up, it can be revived. I have infinitely more interest in Crossgen being revisited than Marvelman. My favorite Crossgen monthly books were Negation, Scion, The First, Solus, Sigil, Crux, and Sojurn. Negation had a few cool spin offs and of course the Negation War which was Crossgen's version of Crisis on Infinite Earths. Does anyone else remember Crossgen as fondly as I do? Is wanting to know how the Negation War ended an issue for anyone else? I really liked Crossgen and am curious if others enjoyed the books as much as I did.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I loved the original CrossGen universe, and bought nearly every title. Many of them were fantastic; even the "bad" ones were pretty great at first. Marvel's half-assed attempt to revive them were was... not so great.

I'd be shocked to see Marvel do anything besides sit on these properties until their license expires (or however that stuff works).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Does Disney/Marvel own all of the CrossGen titles, or only some of them? And is Negation a Disney property?

all. and baby, i wish the negation was back. that is probably my favorite comic book series EVER.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Oh my gosh yes! I loved the Crossgen line! Crux, Negation, sojourn, Meridian, Scion and Ruse...oh my goodness Ruse was so great!
    Negation War was an excellent start and I was more than bummed when it all folded right in the middle. Then when Disney/Marvel bought it all I was hopeful. The Ruse mini series was alright but everything else was soulless. I wish Marvel would do an imprint run with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    Why is this in the Marvel folder? Because Marvel acquired the rights to all of the Crossgen books. Probably just to acquire a book to turn into a tv show or whatever but I really want to know how the Negation War turns out.
    Marvel didn't acquire CrossGen. CrossGen went bankrupt in 2003, so Disney bought the company's assets. Shortly after Disney bought Marvel, in 2010, CrossGen was merged into the house of ideas. Marvel tried to revive the line but it was a total failure.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Marvel didn't acquire CrossGen. CrossGen went bankrupt in 2003, so Disney bought the company's assets. Shortly after Disney bought Marvel, in 2010, CrossGen was merged into the house of ideas. Marvel tried to revive the line but it was a total failure.
    If Marvel had put 1/10th of the effort behind the revival that they put into this Marvelman garbage that has yet to come to fruition, I feel it would have worked out since imo the source material is more varied and of a higher quality. Then again I never got the Marvelman obsession that Joe Q has.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    I really want to know how the Negation War turns out.
    There is an outline and a paragraph of an interview with Tony Bedard basically telling what wouldn've happened. I'm currently looking for another outline that is said to be out there somewhere.

I could share the first one if still interested.

All-New Member

Here's the Negation War outline:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cgfo...nding-t10.html

Here's some unpublished pages to Negation War #3

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/cgfo...ncils-t58.html

There's a lot more too, fan endings and a whole Kiss Kiss Bang Bang unpublished/finished issue #6 if you're interested in that stuff. All inside the CrossGen forums who remember CG as fondly as you do