Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Well, I don't think they "forced his hand",but he has said pretty much that even though he helped create him, the New 52 Superman was not quite his cup of tea, particularly the "corporate" vision of what DC was presenting as New 52 Superman. If he had his druthers , he prefers the "classic" Superman. That's not to say he regards that run he wrote as "phoning it in for the money", or that he isn't proud of the work he did. He used that run , as he did with ALL STAR, SUPERMAN BEYOND and every other time he wrote the character, to say something or comment about the legend, and I think to some extent, try and mitigate any damage DC might have done to Supes without his influence. So he took the character back to his golden age roots so at the very least, whatever changes DC would be mandating , he was still spiritually connected to Siegel and Shuster's original conception of the character.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad he said yes and they allowed him leeway for that first arc. Imagine if he had rejected the offer. Who would DC had given the job to? Hell it could have been Lobdell or... "shudder" Liefeld.
    I do regret the fact they didn't use the gift he gave them, Morrison both gave them a Superman who was directly connected to the GA version in spirit and an out in the way of re-aging Nu52 Superman to his proper age if what they were doing ended up not working. yet they butched it up.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    The posts in this thread are kinda proof that the myth of the so called Batgod is blown out of proportion.
    Yep. It's just not that serious.

Omnes Viae Ad Infernum 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The legendary Fortress Of Solitude, the strangest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I do regret the fact they didn't use the gift he gave them, Morrison both gave them a Superman who was directly connected to the GA version in spirit and an out in the way of re-aging Nu52 Superman to his proper age if what they were doing ended up not working. yet they butched it up.
    Well, it's DC.

As for The Fortress, if the "merge" thing's what's coming, I'm guessing that when history is "rearranged" one of the two Fortress (most likely the Himalayas one) will make "poof" and just disappear.

As for Big Blue having other hangouts, I'd be a bit more extravagant. I'd make him have a Fortress in the rings of Saturn, that big, planet-sized hurricane in Jupiter, or in the asteroid belt.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    Well it's possible Reborn will utilize the " out" Morrison built in to the story, but it's looking unlikely.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.