View Poll Results: Who is your preferred LI for Batwoman?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Renee

21 60.00%
  • Maggie

7 20.00%
  • Safiyah

0 0%
  • Violet

2 5.71%
  • Sophie

0 0%
  • Other

5 14.29%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preferred LI (or potential LI) for Batwoman

Based on current knowledge, who are you most interested in seeing Batwoman develop (or further develop) a romantic attachment to? Or who do think is the 'best' GF for her?

She has a long history with Renee, but Maggie was the one who she proposed to.

We're just meeting Safiyah now, and in the Mother Panic fight - Violet was flirty whilst she was fighting Batwoman.

But Sophie was her first love.

[Edit] Oh, forgot to add Julia Pennyworth, but we don't know yet if she's even a possibility anyway.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 02-15-2017 at 03:54 AM.

I think a brief but intense fling with Dick Grayson might be fun . . . raise some questions in her mind (and the readers') about her sexuality, and then introduce a new lady in Kate's life.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think a brief but intense fling with Dick Grayson might be fun . . . raise some questions in her mind (and the readers') about her sexuality, and then introduce a new lady in Kate's life.
    How about no?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    How about no?
    I dunno. If "intense fling" means "they do crazy acrobatics together to kick Bane off a roof" I could see it happening.

Otherwise why the fuck would anyone suggest that.

Also: Renee. Guys, their chemistry is like steam rising off the asphalt. They're basically made for one another. 'Cause when things go straight to hell, they can suffer together!

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post
    I dunno. If "intense fling" means "they do crazy acrobatics together to kick Bane off a roof" I could see it happening.

Also: Renee. Guys, their chemistry is like steam rising off the asphalt. They're basically made for one another. 'Cause when things go straight to hell, they can suffer together!
    Endorsed. All of this.

Potential:
    Nyssa al-Ghul/Raatko - With the version in Arrow she could be a choice, she could Batwoman's version of Talia

Liana Kerzner - Bi stripper from Secret Six comic

Preferred:
    I don't know I guess Renee

Wow, Maggie isn't getting nearly as many votes as Renee - interesting since she was Kate's love-interest in the original solo.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the dynamic.
    Renee is way more protective of Kate, whereas Maggie seemed to spend a fair amount of time telling her off or being annoyed with her. For this reason I prefer Renee as well, in the original solo it felt like Kate cared about Maggie more than Maggie cared about Kate. Plus, they had that whole drugging incident complication.

Straight characters get changed to gay occasionally ... other characters completely change their ethnicity ...

... it will be interesting to see if a gay character ever gets changed to straight.

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    Straight characters get changed to gay occasionally ... other characters completely change their ethnicity ...

... it will be interesting to see if a gay character ever gets changed to straight.
    Probably not, because given the limited representation of gay characters, that comes with a whole host of unfortunate implications, especially since there's people out there who think we can have our sexuality shocked out of us! Yay!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-16-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Based on current knowledge, who are you most interested in seeing Batwoman develop (or further develop) a romantic attachment to? Or who do think is the 'best' GF for her?

She has a long history with Renee, but Maggie was the one who she proposed to.

We're just meeting Safiyah now, and in the Mother Panic fight - Violet was flirty whilst she was fighting Batwoman.

But Sophie was her first love.

[Edit] Oh, forgot to add Julia Pennyworth, but we don't know yet if she's even a possibility anyway.
    I would say Renee will win it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don’t think using Dick for this is a good idea, I think if the whole purpose is that she has a fling or one night stand with a man to question her sexuality that she hadn’t questioned up until then I don’t think it should be an established character especially with a love life as complicated as Dick’s for the reason that he is a launcher of a thousand ships.

How about no?
    How about let him explain what he means.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgmanX View Post

Here is an idea instead of being a lesbian Katie is bi but prefers girls that could be a reason why someone would suggest it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Potential:
    Nyssa al-Ghul/Raatko - With the version in Arrow she could be a choice, she could Batwoman's version of Talia

Liana Kerzner - Bi stripper from Secret Six comic

Preferred:
    I don't know I guess Renee
    This is possible and very true I have to check the secret six comics out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Wow, Maggie isn't getting nearly as many votes as Renee - interesting since she was Kate's love-interest in the original solo.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the dynamic.
    Renee is way more protective of Kate, whereas Maggie seemed to spend a fair amount of time telling her off or being annoyed with her. For this reason I prefer Renee as well, in the original solo it felt like Kate cared about Maggie more than Maggie cared about Kate. Plus, they had that whole drugging incident complication.
    I think her and Renee are the fan preferred couple.

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post

Yeah and the riots will be interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheby View Post
    Probably not, because given the limited representation of gay characters, that comes with a whole host of unfortunate implications, especially since there's people out there who think we can have our sexuality shocked out of us! Yay!
    I doubt they will ever turn a character who is gay straight however it has been known to happen that a Lesbian can become bi with a preference for girls but are prepared to be with a special guy, for me that is doable and wouldn’t rub the same way.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-16-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Truth is the best policy

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    How about let him explain what he means.
    What's there to explain?

Here is an idea instead of being a lesbian Katie is bi but prefers girls that could be a reason why someone would suggest it.
    But she's not bi. She's a lesbian. Kate's confidence in her sexuality is kind of an important aspect of her character. She was so confident of that that she gave up her childhood dream of serving in the Army rather than lie about it. And she's never shown attraction to men on top of that.

Maybe he thinks it is a choice, you get all types in the world, you don’t have to agree with him I know I don’t.
    If this were a matter of opinion, that'd be one thing. But it's not.

I read her last book, not going to lie she isn’t my favourite character but truthfully it was a good book to start with and then went downhill just bought her detective comic arc today. Is it any good
    It's great. She's being written incredibly well in 'Tec.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Better idea: have her cousin Bette, who is going to be a cast member (again) have the intense fling with Dick, since there is some history or backstory to it.

But she's not bi. She's a lesbian. Kate's confidence in her sexuality is kind of an important aspect of her character. She was so confident of that that she gave up her childhood dream of serving in the Army rather than lie about it. And she's never shown attraction to men on top of that.
    This is the heart of it. Again, Kate Kane isn't real. What would erasing her lesbianism do for her character, on any level, other than undercut the defining moment that put her on the path to becoming Batwoman? Additionally, though IRL there are certainly women who identify as lesbians only to later have that come into question (hi! I'm one of them! Even assumed myself straight until age 20! Isn't our binary-driven society fun ? ), there is a damage to the trope that the "right man" is the one to change that, or the "only straight for you" BS. I'm not saying that reading an arc in a comic book is suddenly going to encourage men to be sexually aggressive against lesbians, but it does contribute to the [distressingly common] mentality that lesbianism is not valid or sustainable. Think about how people talk about "college lesbians" in this regard.

And yeah, there's biphobia too, and am sure everyone proposing this is super down for a nuanced conversation about lateral oppression within wlw communities, but at the core this is proposing the change to the one character who is not just a superhero that happens to be gay...she's a superhero because she's gay. It's a distinction that matters. And it's one Bennett and Tynion understand, so this is quite moot for now.

But also just, stop it. Stop it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheby View Post
    This is the heart of it. Again, Kate Kane isn't real. What would erasing her lesbianism do for her character, on any level, other than undercut the defining moment that put her on the path to becoming Batwoman? Additionally, though IRL there are certainly women who identify as lesbians only to later have that come into question (hi! I'm one of them! Even assumed myself straight until age 20! Isn't our binary-driven society fun ? ), there is a damage to the trope that the "right man" is the one to change that, or the "only straight for you" BS. I'm not saying that reading an arc in a comic book is suddenly going to encourage men to be sexually aggressive against lesbians, but it does contribute to the [distressingly common] mentality that lesbianism is not valid or sustainable. Think about how people talk about "college lesbians" in this regard.

And yeah, there's biphobia too, and am sure everyone proposing this is super down for a nuanced conversation about lateral oppression within wlw communities, but at the core this is proposing the change to the one character who is not just a superhero that happens to be gay...she's a superhero because she's gay. It's a distinction that matters. And it's one Bennett and Tynion understand, so this is quite moot for now.

But also just, stop it. Stop it!
    This. This, so much this. For God's sake, this is a ridiculous "debate".

Quote Originally Posted by VolcanikTiger86 View Post
    This is possible and very true I have to check the secret six comics out.
    Liana appears in the 3rd Volume of Secret Six. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Li...h)/Appearances