Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Uncanny XMEN #18 (Spoilers)

The Xorn Issue

-In new Attilan, Xorn wonders whether this was against the Inhumans will be worth it. He realizes that the mutants he was taking care of are now playing wolves.
    -Sebastian Shaw finds him in an Inhuman temple and wants to talk.
    -Shaw does NOT care how the Inhumans are feeling. He thinks it’s their turn to suffer. He thinks Xorn should treat the Inhumans as prisoners and not let them wonder free. Xorn states that Magneto wanted it this way.
    -Xorn then walks away and goes on to wonder if the war will continue even with the cloud gone. The Inhuman children around him show fear.
    -An Inhuman group made up of Ren (from Deadpool and the mercs?), Treste, and Irelle wonder how they can escape. One Inhuman with a huge brain realizes the mutants attacked because of the mists. Inhuman sisters tell Ren they can find a way out but Ren informs them they are caught.
    -They fight two mutant sleepers and get away only to run into Xorn and a larger mutant group. Ren chooses to fight.
    -Shaw arrives claiming he was right to want them locked up and starts fighting Inhumans, who are not outnumbered.
    -Xorn thinks they now know how mutants constantly feel as he sees the Inhumans being stopped.
    -Archangel arrives and shoots the remaining Inhumans with his toxins. Xorn then tells Shaw to back off and let Archangel’s toxins do their work but Shaw punches Xorn in the face.
    -Xorn starts to lose control of the energies inside him. This sends Shaw flying out of New Attilan!
    -Xorn thinks with him gone, they can get back towards working for peace. He then relaizes his blast also killed two mutant sleepers. When others notice, they start turning on him.
    -Archangel returns and shoots the other mutants with his toxins. Xorn and others look up at him and Archangel looks Heavenly.
    -As everyone is in awe of Archangel, Xorn realizes he still can’t trust his powers. He thinks he can’t be sheperd anymore but that some else is now (cue Archangel shot).
    -Xorn walks away saying those who can’t be trusted or can’t trust themselves, must disappear for the rest to heal.

Next: Psylocke vs Magneto!

Boo at Elixir or Exodus NOT showing up, especially Elixir. He could've complimented Xorn's healing speeches.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I really hope we see more of ren at some point I was actually surprised to see her character cameo in uncanny X-men but not really all that surprising since bunn created and introduced her in the fearless defenders the character was a part of deadpool and the mercs for money too one of the few new inhumans I actually like the first being ms.marvel.
    Last edited by Ianbarreilles; 02-15-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Any X-Men cameos or were the back-up mutants all sleepers?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Treste and Irelle are the assistants of Medusa and are sisters, right?

I did not read this one yet, but can anyone confirm if this Ren is indeed Ren Kimura, of the Deadpool IvX issues?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Any X-Men cameos or were the back-up mutants all sleepers?
    All sleepers.

Master of Sounds, yes it is Ren from Deadpool and the Mercs.

Treste and Irelle are sisters and def wanted to help Medusa. They have not undergone Terrigenesis. Irelle has some weird power thing going on though which confused me since she said she had no powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    All sleepers.

Treste and Irelle are sisters and def wanted to help Medusa. They have not undergone Terrigenesis. Irelle has some weird power thing going on though which confused me since she said she had no powers.
    That's interesting how Bunn tied that together.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    All sleepers.

From what I gathered Irelle was being changed by a sleeper mutant. After the change she attacked her sister. So I think a sleeper has the ability to create sabretooth like minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    From what I gathered Irelle was being changed by a sleeper mutant. After the change she attacked her sister. So I think a sleeper has the ability to create sabretooth like minions.
    We have seen this before when we first saw the sleepers. The only thing to make this issue better would be to have Bunn developing a little more these sleepers, giving them names for example, since he only write them as group, not as individuals. Hopefully he'll use them later down the road.

Fun issue.
    >Nice art. I think the story balanced the conflict from the Inhuman and mutant sides quite well, though the unintentional humour of an Inhuman saying species-wide genocide isn't reason enough to go to war was, well, unintentionally humourous.
    >Xorn tried, bless him, but this isn't the situation to be spouting peacenik platitudes. Lock the Inhumans up/keep them safe since there's absolutely no reasoning with people whose home you've turned in a concentration camp/detention centre. Bunn played with Xorn but now the toy has been put back in the box for the next writer interested in using him.
    >Shaw? He had it coming. ^_^
    >Definitely not the Archangel involvement I was hoping for, unfortunately. No real character development apart from possibly creepy mind/emotion manipulation powers... unless the combatants were simply awed by how beautiful and majestic he is.

Favourite panels...
    Ah, so Ren is an Inhuman ripping off Sweetface from the Freex...
    u1.jpg
    Rainbow Shaw go bye bye!
    u2.jpg
    Sexy Archangel of light!
    u3.jpg

Greatly enjoyed the issue. Looking forward to PvM next issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I hope Mags kicks her ass. I'm sick of Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I hope Mags kicks her ass. I'm sick of Psylocke.
    She's like that kid who won't stop trying to pick a fight with you until you eventually beat them up and make them cry.

Ultimate Member

I'm not sick of Psylocke just want her to be in something different than yet another X-Force team, as for now she'll be off in limbo after all of this is over, maybe with Warren...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    She's like that kid who won't stop trying to pick a fight with you until you eventually beat them up and make them cry.
    I think she's more like the kid who routinely beats your ass. And you love them for it.

wait wat?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Lol I can see that. It seems like all she did in Uncanny was whine and question, yet even so she would still end up doing what Mags wanted anyway up until she finally threw her tantrum and left.

Ultimate Member

Which it seems like in many ways is what Bunn is setting up for Jean's role in regards to Magneto...