Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Default ResurrXion Has Put The X-Men Back On Top at Marvel

ResurrXion Has Put The X-Men Back On Top at Marvel.

See this article on CBR: http://www.cbr.com/resurrxion-x-men-marvel/

Basicly saying the fans were speculating a downfall for the merry mutants, but that RessuruXIon will be exactly what marvel said; the X-Men will become very visible again (my words).

Now with 9 titles (excluding the 4 Deadpool ones), 3 other teams with X-men members and guest appearances in multiple titles.

It seems the article is quit right.

The complex could or should be over now. Because many comic books about and with X-men, we got a TV series launched (Legion), X-Men toys are being produced again. Only thing missing is a relaunch of something as Avengers Assemble Facebook game with X-Men and other Marvel characters.

Shall we be happy now?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Thankful they're getting much more exposure again.

Jury is still out on the quality of stories... but I'm hopeful, that's for sure.

Reading this article put a big smile on my face. I admit it was scary for a time, seeing the X-men marginalized more and more as the rest of the Marvel Universe passed it by. With RessurXion though, it looks like the X-men are finally emerging from this dark cloud that has been plaguing them since Secret Wars. I welcome the change and hope it leads to plenty of new developments for the X-men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Hahaha, I knew that was going to be Brett White article as soon as I saw the title. I don't always agree with him, but bless his heart, he is always there to cheerlead for the team.

I'm the cautious type and after the failed Bendis revolution still have my doubts but have to admit it seems that finally the X-mens and the fans will be able to breathe a little .

I do not think the complex is going to die anytime soon as we still have this problem with movie rights but the situation has certainly improved between Marvel and Fox.

Will be fun to be able to read about the X-mens without having to worry about decimation, extinction, schism or with Avengers, Shield and Inhumans creating more problems for them than they already have.

It's time to fight for the dream again.

I never agreed that much with the CompleX crowd, but now they REALLY have no reason to complain as far as exposure goes.
    My fears are actually about quality, not quantity. I hope the creative teams deliver

Good article, Brett. I hope you are right!

BANNED

The roots of the Complex go back further than just recent MCU corporate strategizing to elevate the Inhumans as a functional replacement. It really goes back to the original Jemas/Quesada/Bendis plan from the early post-Harras 2000s to shift focus from the X-Men to the Avengers, and nothing has really changed there. That battle was won.

The new push to bring back the X-Men likely has more to do with the Inhuman plan being a casualty of the Fiege V Ike war anyway. With the corperate directives changing the comics are in a position to drive the X-Books again and make some cash.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

I've never been part of the Complex, so don't lump me in with them, but I'm hardly impressed. Having a lot of X-Men books =/= that those books are good. We'll see if that ends up being the case, but, imo, nothing has really changed from when we were complaining about how bad the line of books were, in general.

I'm not one for conspiracies but the compleX was real in my eyes and confirmed when whoever that was said the bit about properties they own vs the ones they don't, I mean look at the FF. But this seems excessive in a way, I'm not against it but marvel ain't stupid, they know the best characters in they're roster are X characters, including villains...yes I said it.

The complex is only really over when Marvel stops banning them from videogames and stuff like that. For me, the complex was always more about how Marvel was/is marginalizing the X-Men brand than the stories being bad.

Damage already done. Marvel bit the hand that literally fed them i.e. kept the company from going under. Now this is a small step in the right direction. But I hope the compleX never dies, or quit lest these dark days return. Stay Vigilant. lol

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

I guess you could call me a half-way believer in the complex. On the one hand, Marvel did drastically reduce the exposure the X-Men were getting in things like merch, tv projects and even involvement in the greater comics universe.

On the other hand, I knew they weren't going to outright get rid of the X-Men because the books still sell well, despite their varying/decreasing quality over the last few years.

As for the presence of X-characters in concepts outside of the X-Books, that can go either way for me. On the one hand, yeah, they're getting exposure, but it just feels like Marvel's trying to turn these characters and concept into Avengers properties and remove them from the X-Verse, so to speak. I mean, I'm a little pissed that Jason f%*^ing Aaron is bringing the Phoenix Force into Thor, but maybe that's just me.

So, revise my initial statement: I'm more a follower of the complex than I'm not.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Nice article. I also notice that quite a few X-men characters were appearing in non-Xmen books in May, so thats cool. I never really thought that Marvel was going to stop making X-men comics, but 2017 does seem to be their comeback year.

As for the "Complex" thing, I do think Marvel does give more love to the series that they own completely and it would be nice to have an X-men video game and cartoon. But even then I do think Marvel's relationship with FOX has improve somewhat. Like starting last year there does seem to be more X-men merchandise and we have Legion and an other X-men show coming up and isn't Disney somewhat involve with those shows? So overall I do think that things with the X-men are improving Greatly.

That being said I do wish the Fantastic Four will return.
    Last edited by hedgehogvampire; 02-22-2017 at 09:50 AM.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

I think it's premature to say when we don't know if the books will even be good or not. As is, I'm not terribly interested in most of them.

I think they have GOT to be better than this current era of books we have though, so there's that.