Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Default Interview Cullen Bunn X Men Blue

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Good to know he will follow up on the development of the previous run, like Beast changes and Iceman's boyfriend.

Also cool to know we can expect some familiar faces, of which some might stick around (start speculating)!
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

There is so much about this book I'm excited for. Mojo. Sinister. And I LOVE the way Jean looks in this, as opposed to some of the other artistic depictions of her. I don't like Iceboy's new freeze hairdo as it reminds me of Bling! and makes me sad.

BANNED

I'd rather read a book about that villain lineup TBH

Very excited about this series. Love the artwork. Feels very appropriate for a mutant team of time-displaced teenagers. Also really like the idea of the O5 encountering major villains like Black Tom, Sinister, and Juggernaut.

I'm also interested to see how Jean takes on her new leadership role. She's been a driving force for the O5 pretty much since they arrived, but she's resisted leadership roles when they come her way. I think some of that has to do with her development. She even tried to get away from the X-men entirely in Extraordinary. It's taken a while, but I'm glad she's getting to a point where she's ready to confront both the past and future. Teenagers sometimes take time to act that boldly. Between this and her solo series, I think this is the most interesting Jean has been in a long time.

I'm also curious as to what will happen with O5 Cyclops. When Bunn said he thinks Cyclops has his hands full, I'm wondering if he's referring to his role with Champions or the aftermath of IvX. We already know he finds out the truth behind Emma's deception. That's sure to leave a scar. But I get the sense he's rebuilding himself in wake of his adult self's death and that's going to take time. I wish he'd get another solo series to explore that story, but I hope some of it plays out here too.

IvX really can't end fast enough. Bunn has done such great work with the X-books. I hope it continues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

I also enjoy Bunn stealth confirming the O5 are AU there.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-16-2017 at 09:22 AM.

I'll keep an eye on it, but not really feeling it yet. I have a lot of faith in Bunn, but not much interest in these particular characters. So it'll depend on who else joins the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I also enjoy Bunn stealth confirming the O5 are AU there.
    I doubt that when Bunn says "time lost and reality lost" it means what you think. Not when he just said that "How can they ever go home again without completely destroying the time line?" which pretty much confirm that they are from the same timeline.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-16-2017 at 09:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    I doubt that when Bunn says "time lost and reality lost" it means what you think. Not when he just said that "How can they ever go home again without completely destroying the time line?" which pretty much confirm that they are from the same timeline.
    Obviously he's answering his own question there.

The art looks great! If the young O5 must stick around, I wish there was some way they could just merge with the older versions so we wouldn't have duplicates running around. That's just annoying AF to me.

At this stage Archangel makes a better villain anyway IMO. Loved when he became the new Apocalypse in Uncanny X-Force. And adult Beast just needs to be killed. Adult Iceman is still pretty likable though. At least IMO.

BANNED

The longer the O5 stick around, the more likely it'll be revealed they're from an alternate timeline, otherwise it's way too messy to make sense of.

Marvel seems very happy with them, so I think the O5 are here to stay!

I want to know what this means:

Keep in mind, these X-Men are time lost and reality lost. I’m not letting that go, either, so expect this team to meet some X-characters of the past and of the future. Some of them might even stick around.
    We know Rachel Grey is on the Gold team...could this be alluding to Cable joining up at some point? He and Magneto would surely butt heads, and it would be interesting seeing him on a team with a young version of his father I think.

Incredible Member hedgehogvampire's Avatar

Cool. It looks like X-men: Blue will turn out good. I'm really looking forward to it. I also think the art looks great.
    My pull list: Sonic the Hedgehog, TMNT, Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Marauders, X-men, Excalibur

I am really looking forward to this, more so then Gold. The time-displace 05 where my first introduction to X-Men comics so I have a soft spot for them. The fact that Magneto is one of my favorite villains, and I love the new uniforms, just makes me want to read it more.