Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
    Incredibly unlikely, given that Cable has both his own solo and a place in UA. There are other time-travellers Cullen could use, or he may be planning on introducing some original characters of his own.
    I'm not sure UA is continuing and, if it does, I'm doubtful Cable will continue to be a team member based on interviews and solicits. As for him having his own book and appearing in team books...um...see Logan. Or Deadpool. Cable's about to be cast for Deadpool 2, and when that film comes out I expect his popularity will rise. Marvel might want to capitalize on it like they've done for the aforementioned two characters. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    I expect it'll sell better than All New has long term, both because it's getting a more core book positioning and focus and also because I bet it'll be a better book. At the same time though I think it'll sell a little worse than Bunn and Magneto's Uncanny has, mostly because of the discontent core X-Fans have been voicing over the time displaced O5.

Right now with ALMN the sales order has usually been:

1. Old Man Logan (around 50k)
    2. Uncanny X-Men (around 40k)
    3. Extraordinary X-Men (same)
    4. All New Wolverine (around 30k)
    5. All New X-Men (same)
    6. X-Men 92 (canceled within 12 issues)

After the dust settles on ResurrXion (this summer or so) I think it'll look more like:

1. Old Man Logan (could drop depending on the new creative team)
    2. X-Men Gold
    3. X-Men Blue
    4. Weapon X
    5. Cable
    6. All New Wolverine
    7. Generation X
    8. Jean Grey (canceled within 12 issues)
    9. Iceman (canceled within 12 issues)
    Yeah, they need to get a solid creative team for OML, as it has been their best seller of the entire X-line. Would love to see them shock everyone with some sort of major name on art, like Greg Capullo or Dave Finch or someone like that. But maybe that's too much to hope for. As for writer, I'd love to see Gerry Duggan's take on Logan. Have really enjoyed his Uncanny Avengers and I hear his Deadpool is good too. Not sure who else. I don't have a good handle on Marvel's current stable of writers.

BANNED

But using SW, it would mean the O5 are now from the main timeline. They can't go back, because there is nowhere to go back to. This is the native time.
    Yep, I think SW is the perfect way to explain the change. And yeah that'd mean this is their time now but they're so young they could still take them in very different directions while allowing the adult versions to eventually return too.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Yep, I think SW is the perfect way to explain the change. And yeah that'd mean this is their time now but they're so young they could still take them in very different directions while allowing the adult versions to eventually return too.
    If they do this, I may accept them. But until then there are too many plot holes, but so it goes when we're dealing with the aftermath of Bendis story... I trust Bunn will eventually address it.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    If they do this, I may accept them. But until then there are too many plot holes, but so it goes when we're dealing with the aftermath of Bendis story... I trust Bunn will eventually address it.

Yep. I read SW. I still think they should have used this to explain why the O5 are able to be in the present without effecting the past, and why they can't go back.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

This has been my theory for a while. But the whole Cyclops disappearing incident said differently. I hoped after SW Marvel would have addressed or used that as an excuse. Essentially, all reality died and was remade. That means the past they came from doesn't exist anymore. Marvel should be in year one of the universe populated by beings with implanted memories, but they never did. For them to be from an parallel universe or alternate timeline, now just says that this whole ordeal wasn't thought out properly. Not to mention, adult Beast didn't screw with the main timeline but messed up someone else's.

But using SW, it would mean the O5 are now from the main timeline. They can't go back, because there is nowhere to go back to. This is the native time.
    Wouldn't that make any time-travel (into the past) stories impossible?

Don't think Marvel wants to deny writers that option.

Quote Originally Posted by yet another View Post

Wouldn't "No More Phoenix" makes Phoenix Force stories impossible? It's Marvel: Anything that was published more than 1 month ago is fair game (sometime even less)

Ok that might went over your head... What happens if one of them, I don't know, dies? Loses a limb? When they were galavanting around in the 60s and 70s it was the normal timeline progressing. One other them or more dies in the present it SHOULD collapse the entire time stream. Has the as the been addressed? Is the timestream locked? Was that time Adult Cyke vanished a one time thing? I ask again... Why are they still here and why are they not sedated in a bunker?
    Yes, the chance that the universe might be destroyed if any of them dies makes everyone involved look really, really, really ... really stoopid.

Well, assuming they know about it of course. Or that it is still actually the case. Who knows? Bunn will probably address it though.

Yeah, I guess.. But SW was a company wide crossover. Why the heck not cut off all time traveling stories until it's resolved or at least addressed? It's part of having a shared universe. But they did say "story will trump continuity"... Which is nonsense.
    Guild Member

Not really, since the O5's explanation would be that they were time-displaced while Secret Wars happened. Any restriction on past travel could easily be limited to them as a result.

It would certainly be weird, since the SW explanation would basically be that they are the real ones and the versions we have been reading about for all these years are the copies.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Cannot wait! MOJO!!!
    Looks like I'm gonna see myself forced to keep an eye on X-Men Blue. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'm not sure UA is continuing and, if it does, I'm doubtful Cable will continue to be a team member based on interviews and solicits. As for him having his own book and appearing in team books...um...see Logan. Or Deadpool. Cable's about to be cast for Deadpool 2, and when that film comes out I expect his popularity will rise. Marvel might want to capitalize on it like they've done for the aforementioned two characters. Just a thought.
    If they're after a movie tie-in, it would almost have to be a pairing with Deadpool. Of course, UA provides that already, but if it does end Deadpool still has several other books Cable could join.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I can't wait for the 05 to encounter the likes of Mojo. Him evaluating the 05s and their star potential and interviewing them would be hilarious.Looking forward to this series because i like the idea of the 05 encountering classic X-villians that they have not crossed paths with and others that they did but have not in this new dynamic.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Secretly working with Mags? That's drama waiting to explode