Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

They are not babies, they are teenagers.
    The New Mutants were teenagers who battled shit all the time.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Kind of. Yeah.
    To me, anyway.
    It seemed the arrogance added to the character was not genuine.
    Because it wasn't earned. Storm's like a mountain of arrogance but at least that's semi-understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Cyclops wasn't the leader before anyway. Beast was.
    Yeah, that's why he was ANXM's representative at the IVX meeting.

Another funny and informative interview from Bunn.
    >I really hope the O5 meet O5 X-Babies. Mojo's ability to comment ironically on things going on in the X-Books always makes me smile.
    >I hope their mansion is in Westchester again.
    >Looking forward to the surprise guests as well as the new characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Guess I am in the minority here...I am not feeling the art. Too bright & cartoonish for me.
    However, I am still going to give this title a short. Art may grow on me after a a few issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Sounds incredible.
    But that art... not my style. Will be painful to pass on this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    I'm in the same boat, but it could have been worse. We could have gotten someone along the lines of Land or Ramos. *shudder*
    I have to unfortunately agree. This looks like the X-Men 92 art that I couldn't stand. I was really looking forward to this since Molina's Star Wars work was beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I'm fine with this team doing their own thing, but I don't think they need their own Mansion and to be completely separate from the main X-Men to accomplish that. It kind of feels like it works against the united feel the X-Men are supposed to be getting back to under ResurrXion.

That Bunn mentioned no one else knows the O5 are working with Magneto leaves me to believe that's going to come out in a big way and spell some trouble and controversy for the group. I wonder how Kitty might take it?

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    So basically post-Morrison Scott. Whedon was the beginning of the end.
    I liked Whedon/Ellis Cyclops. I think he should question himself, but not to the degree he used to waaay back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I liked Whedon/Ellis Cyclops. I think he should question himself, but not to the degree he used to waaay back.
    I think as soon as Emma and Scott became a thing, it seemed like Scott had some make over, and suddenly he was the poster hero for the nerd dude who scores the hot chick.
    And that is horrible in many ways.

And I agree with DDM: Scott did not earned his arrogance. It came from Emma.

*runs and hides

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with this team doing their own thing, but I don't think they need their own Mansion and to be completely separate from the main X-Men to accomplish that. It kind of feels like it works against the united feel the X-Men are supposed to be getting back to under ResurrXion.
    That Bunn mentioned no one else knows the O5 are working with Magneto leaves me to believe that's going to come out in a big way and spell some trouble and controversy for the group. I wonder how Kitty might take it?
    Kitty will blow a gasket and make a speech. :P I'm not too concerned with the O5 being based away from Central Park. All of the X-Men in one place = begging for someone to nuke New York to kill the muties. Besides, the X-Men can be united without being geographically united.
    >I'm looking forward to these super-Sentinels, though. More Prime Sentinels? A Master Mold?
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I think as soon as Emma and Scott became a thing, it seemed like Scott had some make over, and suddenly he was the poster hero for the nerd dude who scores the hot chick.

*runs and hides
    You can't hide from us!!

I think he earned it. The goody two shoes who faithfully believed in co-existence. Then, his hero Xavier is revealed as being incredibly flawed, his enemy Magneto is revealed as having his points, and then House of M happened and the future of his race was placed on his shoulders. That to me clearly explains why he went from being so optimistic ala Tyke to being an arrogant leader who had pushed away his still optimistic friends.

*runs and hides
    Cyclops and Spider-Man were always the poster boys for that. Mary Jane, Gwen Stacy, Black Cat, Lee Forrester, Emma Frost, any and all iterations of Jean Grey...
    The world became very dark after Jean died. Cyclops had to adjust... even if that adjustment was darker than he'd ever been before. And yeah, I can see him picking up some swagger from Emma.

Why is Jean wearing a giant Jamaican flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    You can't hide from us!!

I think he earned it. The goody two shoes who faithfully believed in co-existence. Then, his hero Xavier is revealed as being incredibly flawed, his enemy Magneto is revealed as having his points, and then House of M happened and the future of his race was placed on his shoulders. That to me clearly explains why he went from being so optimistic ala Tyke to being an arrogant leader who had pushed away his still optimistic friends.
    But.

I am still not so sure. Maybe the more I read him in order, the more I will see this.
    I understand how House of M would do this to him, but when I read, what I actually read, of Whedon's run, it did not feel right.
    But I will keep this in mind as I go back and fill in the gaps of my reading of the character.

*runs and hides
    That's why I mentioned the Whedon/Ellis period - it was still at the 'self-confidence boost' level without yet having crossed over into arrogance.

BANNED

Everyone was arrogant under Ellis. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She will shriek that Professor X is a jerk and will go pout in outer space