Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Not a fan of having more than one X-Mansion. If this book leads to the O5 going back to their time, or their own universe if they are from an alt dimension, then I'll be more interested. Don't think Jean will be a very good leader, but with Cyclops being pushed out I'd rather see Beast step up actually. Adult Beast is a POS but at least teen Beast isn't ruined yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but "The Walking Dead" comic isn't published by Marvel...
    LOL!... Burn!

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    He said they are time displaced AND reality displaced. Doesn't leave much room for interpretation. ...
    Only if you're taking it literally, which I don't think was the intention. Still just wishful thinking at this point, I'm afraid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    She'll phase her hand through Mags brain and yell about how Xavier wouldn't have wanted that. Then she'll wimp out and leave Mags to think about all those times he could of asked out Xavier.
    Last time Kitty got out of line..didn't work out
    Kitty.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    LOL!... Burn!

Only if you're taking it literally, which I don't think was the intention. Still just wishful thinking at this point, I'm afraid.
    I'm not sure what he could have meant if that wasn't to be taken literally The time displaced part is literal, as we know. He follows that with the reality displaced mention. As in meaning, "just like they're not from this time, they're not from this reality".
    It can be argued that notion hasn't made it to the printed pages yet, but as far as the interview goes, you'd have to really stretch it to understand something other than what he literally said.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm not sure what he could have meant if that wasn't to be taken literally The time displaced part is literal, as we know. He follows that with the reality displaced mention. As in meaning, "just like they're not from this time, they're not from this reality".
    It can be argued that notion hasn't made it to the printed pages yet, but as far as the interview goes, you'd have to really stretch it to understand something other than what he literally said.
    People see what they wanna see, Factor, and that's not the way I saw what he said. He meant the same thing both times basically, IMO. Time = literal, as much it can anyway, in this case... and reality = figurative. Their "reality", I believe, was meant to describe the way the things were... at the original time the they were taken from. It's like when somebody's traveling & they say, "It's like a whole different world here", they're talking culture shock, aesthetics, etc. Not like they're actually on a whole different earth, or an alien planet, lol. To put it another way, THIS time, is not their TRUE reality... figuratively speaking, at the age they are now. It will be their reality though, or would've been now, I guess... once they're older adults. OR...

... I could be TOTALLY wrong, and you're right - we shall see! Hopefully, right in issue 1. 'Cause Cullen said there's a development in it, that will turn readers' hair white... just like Mags'! Not the Mags part, that was mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    People see what they wanna see, Factor, and that's not the way I saw what he said. He meant the same thing both times basically, IMO. Time = literal, as much it can anyway, in this case... and reality = figurative. Their "reality", I believe, was meant to describe the way the things were... at the original time the they were taken from. It's like when somebody's traveling & they say, "It's like a whole different world here", they're talking culture shock, aesthetics, etc. Not like they're actually on a whole different earth, or an alien planet, lol. To put it another way, THIS time, is not their TRUE reality... figuratively speaking, at the age they are now. It will be their reality though, or would've been now, I guess... once they're older adults. OR...

... I could be TOTALLY wrong, and you're right - we shall see! Hopefully, right in issue 1. 'Cause Cullen said there's a development in it, that will turn readers' hair white... just like Mags'! Not the Mags part, that was mine.
    If it's going to be debatable then I hope he just addresses it straightforwardly ln the book.

I too didn't take his off the cuff comment as them being form a literal other reality but who knows maybe he did. I'd like to see it flat out said, though, before I'd believe it.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If it's going to be debatable then I hope he just addresses it straightforwardly ln the book.

I too didn't take his off the cuff comment as them being form a literal other reality but who knows maybe he did. I'd like to see it flat out said, though, before I'd believe it.
    Yeah, them being revealed as anything other than what has already been implied, doesn't seem to be in the cards right now. I think many X-fans just want it to be over, for them to go back or whatever, and are reading too much into things because of it. Can't say as I blame them, I'm just startin' to sorta... resign myself to it, I guess. Can't fight City Hall, and frankly... I'm gettin' tired of swimmin' against the tide ALL... the FRIGGIN'... TIME! It seems like it's been that way FOREVER... right now, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    3 things stood out in this interview: Jean Grey and his plans for her, his plans for Magneto and the big picture, and DEFINITELY his villain line up. Mr. SINISTER is back..with the RIGHT kind of writer. The best to use him since Gillen. Can't wait for that. I think he's gonna bring in Lorna in SOME form no matter how coy he makes it seem. Teen Jean handled by a elite writer? Should be fun..there is MUCH to do with her if you write her the RIGHT WAY.
    I get the feeling Psylocke was thrust on him in Uncanny because of X-Men Poccy, but is there room for Lorna? I don't know.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Because they did this during the silver and early bronze age?
    Ok that might went over your head... What happens if one of them, I don't know, dies? Loses a limb? When they were galavanting around in the 60s and 70s it was the normal timeline progressing. One other them or more dies in the present it SHOULD collapse the entire time stream. Has the as the been addressed? Is the timestream locked? Was that time Adult Cyke vanished a one time thing? I ask again... Why are they still here and why are they not sedated in a bunker?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    Last time Kitty got out of line..didn't work out
    Kitty.jpg
    https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...-cyclops-2.jpg

Seems like Kitty has a lot of bloodlust in her system. I don't think she should be teaching the O5. In fact, if Tyke wasn't creepily obsessed with blasting Emma, I think she should be teaching them. Just think of how good of a job she did with the New Hellions and Jeen. She also brought the New Mutants back to their fun-loving selves after they were all deeply traumatized. I would have said the Hellions but.....yeah.

This book looks beautiful and Cullen Bunn is a great writer. Unfortunately I don't think any creative team could make me possibly care about the 05. The longer they stick around the more I dislike them. Maybe I will pick up the first issue, but probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
    This book looks beautiful and Cullen Bunn is a great writer. Unfortunately I don't think any creative team could make me possibly care about the 05. The longer they stick around the more I dislike them. Maybe I will pick up the first issue, but probably not.
    Give Bunn the benefit of the doubt aka the first issue. He might be able to work wonders heretofore unassociated with the O5.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I feel that marvel is fully aware that most of the people don't like the o5, and they put a good writer on it. Double-edged sword.

As for the art I like Jorge Molina, but here looks weird. I liked it in x-men legacy, get Sorrentino as the second artist on this book then its an instant buy for me. I already miss his art from OML.
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 02-15-2017 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I feel that marvel is fully aware that most of the people don't like the o5, and they put a good writer on it. Double-edged sword.

As for the art I like Jorge Molina, but here looks weird. I liked it in x-men legacy, get Sorrentino as the second artist on this book then its an instant buy for me. I already miss his art from OML.
    Didn't the very recent issue have his art on it?

Yeah, but that doesn't stop me from missing it already lol, and also that was he's last issue. And man that double page splash of Jean on that issue.

He's going to draw secret empire.

Edit: I really wish I had this issue digitally to show that image. Freaking marvel taking your free copy, and putting something else. Smh
    Last edited by The_Phenom2893; 02-15-2017 at 11:45 PM.