Thread: Supermans son?

BANNED

Default Supermans son?

In the very classic superman comics, or atleast what if stories, Did superman ever have a son when married to lois lane.

Not in mainline continuity. He did in Elseworlds though, most notably in a series of Worlds Finest stories featuring the teenage sons of Superman and Batman.

In "What Ever Happened To the Man of Tomorrow" he and Lois have a son. I know they did the marriage in an imaginary tale. Though I haven't read it yet, so I don't know if they went into children.

Quote Originally Posted by manduck37 View Post
    In "What Ever Happened To the Man of Tomorrow" he and Lois have a son. I know they did the marriage in an imaginary tale. Though I haven't read it yet, so I don't know if they went into children.
    Technically, it was an imaginary story. But it was also the last Earth-1 Superman story pre-Crisis. So you could easily accept it as part of pre-Crisis, Earth 1 continuity. Since Superman's whole history changed after the Crisis on Infinite Earths, "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" contradicted absolutely nothing pre-Crisis. The son's name is Jonathan, by the way.

Also, Superman and Lois Lane were fated to have a son, Jon Lane Kent, as part of the "future" New 52 continuity. That son, who would grow up to be a mass murdering Superboy under the influence of Harvest, is the genetic template for the New 52 Superboy, Kon-El. In addition, a younger version of Jon Lane Kent also became a briefly heroic Superboy before he died fighting his older, villainous self, and bringing Kon-El back in Superboy #34. So that's in continuity, more or less.

Out of continuity, there's yet another superpowered Jon Kent who is the son of Superman and Lois, in the graphic novel "Son of Superman" by Howard Chaykin, David Tischman, J. H. Williams III, and Mick Gray. Really good story that I enjoyed thoroughly.

There are tons of other stories in which Superman/Clark and Lois are depicted as having children published since 1949, when, in a Superman newspaper strip, Superman and Lois are depicted as being married with an infant son. And of course, in movies, there is "Superman Returns."
    Last edited by Spiderboy12; 02-15-2017 at 12:00 PM.