Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Monsters Unleashed #3

forgot to put SPOILERS int he title so... mod can you fix that?

until then, behind spoil tags we go...

spoilers:
    - Monsters stop the other Monsters

- Kei is introduced. What he draws comes to him. He drew Groot and was able to understand him for instance

- He demonstrates his powers summoning Devil Dinosaur (with Moon Girl in tow)

- Kei is an inhuman. apparantely this is his gift

- Karnak gives an account in inhuman history... the Leviathon comes for planets to feed off of, using monsters to destory the planet first. An inhuman queen in the past had the ability to summon monsters to protect them. She failed

- ie... the hope to stop the Beast from coming ot earth rests in the hands of a 11 year old kid

- cut out ot the Beast.. she is sending all the monsters to earth
    end of spoilers
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This was a decent issue, and necessary one. After two issues of non-stop fighting, you need a breather to finally get some the answers, as well setting up what big thing is next. Plus as a Guardians fanboy it's great seeing Star-Lord right beside Captain America and Spider-Man as equals

spoilers:
    Something I thought of also, is this the first time any of the heroes have met Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur? Seems like they had no idea who she was, which given how uber smart she's supposed to be, I would've assumed someone would have had some past experience. Though I'm not super familiar with her book, so I could be wrong.
    end of spoilers

Much better than previous issues and the story has progressed.

Rank 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    This was a decent issue, and necessary one. After two issues of non-stop fighting, you need a breather to finally get some the answers, as well setting up what big thing is next. Plus as a Guardians fanboy it's great seeing Star-Lord right beside Captain America and Spider-Man as equals

spoilers:
    Something I thought of also, is this the first time any of the heroes have met Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur? Seems like they had no idea who she was, which given how uber smart she's supposed to be, I would've assumed someone would have had some past experience. Though I'm not super familiar with her book, so I could be wrong.
    end of spoilers
    Well Lunella only crossed paths with Amadeus Cho, Ms. Marvel, The Thing, Forge, Iron Heart and Nadia Pym, so not everybody knows about her.

It was a nice issue and the change of art was good (Lunella again looked like a kid of her age and not like a 15-16 teenager). I totally loved Elsa's interactions, she is awesome as always.

Fantastic Member

i love bunn but as soon as i read about the inhuman connection and why marvel continue to jam these losers down our throat im done with this series and now theres even a less than zero chance i pick up the ongoing book honestly did we another inhuman angled book and trust me im not alone in this thinking

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i love bunn but as soon as i read about the inhuman connection and why marvel continue to jam these losers down our throat im done with this series and now theres even a less than zero chance i pick up the ongoing book honestly did we another inhuman angled book and trust me im not alone in this thinking
    if it was a random mutant that had these powers, that would be ok though right?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This...

Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

BANNED

Yep. Because mutants aren't being shoved as main characters into every main Marvel event that has come out.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the main character from Secret Empires ends up being an unknown new all powerful Inhuman
    nobody has heard about but will now love cause they told us to...

BANNED

Well obviously as any form of intolerance (fictional racism in this case?) it must be self-entitled and irrational. Ironically it comes from from professed fans of a franchising that's born as a metaphor for racism They are like the alt-right of the mutant fandom I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Yep. Because mutants aren't being shoved as main characters into every main Marvel event that has come out.

At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the main character from Secret Empires ends up being an unknown new all powerful Inhuman
    So I've been having this conversation with a friend. Yes, they're being pushed by Marvel in books. But into every main Marvel event?

The ones that I can think of them having a big impact of presence in is Infinity, Civil War II and IVX. The rest had pretty much the entire MU involved, so you can't really count them.
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adameastment View Post
    So I've been having this conversation with a friend. Yes, they're being pushed by Marvel in books. But into every main Marvel event?

The ones that I can think of them having a big impact of presence in is Infinity, Civil War II and IVX. The rest had pretty much the entire MU involved, so you can't really count them.
    I meant the more recent ones since the push started. Unless I've missed other recent main events but CW2, IVX, and now MU. Does Clone Conspiracy count as an event? Any others?

BANNED

Everybody realizes that if mutants were in the place of Inhumans that wouldn't be a problem for people like you. In fact it happened for decades and nobody found nothing to object. Mutants will never take back the center stage, Fox has their rights and Marvel won't make new characters the nexus of their events because otherwise they wouldn't be able to use them outside of comics. That said I envy you, your life must be problem free if you can take the luxury of giving importance to something so frivolous.

I meant the more recent ones since the push started. Unless I've missed other recent main events but CW2, IVX, and now MU. Does Clone Conspiracy count as an event? Any others?
    And my point is the same (which lies outside of the IvX debate) is the same, how is that every main marvel event? It's a series of events in a very concentrated time period. Not that long ago everyone was complaining about *everyone* involved in events, yes, I think the Inhumans are over-saturating a lot of books but arguable, so was Wolverine, so was Dr Strange before his movie (and again now his DVD is out). The problem is the same, realistically you can't introduce a "new mutant" and go ta-da because the mists, but equally writers aren't going to go "this is X he was made in a toxic waste accident" because it's cliched and overused.

The push will remain until the TV show, but it's good to see more X-Books in all honesty. It's just the blatent ripping on eachother and arguing I'm getting a little bit annoyed with, ruins the fun for me.

BANNED

the inhumans seem to be becoming the cornerstone of MU. From a small select group they have gone on to have vast resources, tribes on earth, new inhumans and interstellar inhumans who don't need terrigen go become inhuman but yet are willing to acknowledge black bolt as king. The next event after secret empire is guaranteed to be the one concerning the prophecy of four cities or the spears or something of the sort.

Well he never said that so you pretty much just about opened up a **** box of beans for no reason(Judging by the replies above).

Back to the issue, I thought the kid was gonna be a monster honestly. Would've been cooler.