Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

So... is this it?

Is this the prophecy that prompted Black Bolt to release the Terrigen? Which Lineage said that they would need to rediscover skills they had lost to combat? Has it all been so we would get this kid who can summon monsters? I mean, the implication seems to be that without him earth is doomed, and he only exists because of the T-Cloud...

So...like....is this it?

BANNED

what you were expecting more? obviously you have not read CW2 or IvsX.

I don't think it is Headache.

Also, I'm glad Lunella has made a friend in Kai.

I hope the adults start listening to the kids soon because well - just listen to the kids alright?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    So... is this it?

Is this the prophecy that prompted Black Bolt to release the Terrigen? Which Lineage said that they would need to rediscover skills they had lost to combat? Has it all been so we would get this kid who can summon monsters? I mean, the implication seems to be that without him earth is doomed, and he only exists because of the T-Cloud...

So...like....is this it?
    Feels like that plot line was abandoned in favor of what we have now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Headache View Post
    So... is this it?

So...like....is this it?
    No, I don't think that's what being implied.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i love bunn but as soon as i read about the inhuman connection and why marvel continue to jam these losers down our throat im done with this series and now theres even a less than zero chance i pick up the ongoing book honestly did we another inhuman angled book and trust me im not alone in this thinking
    Yes, the Inhumans have been shoved down everyone's throats for the past 5 decades. The Inhumans have been a part of the MU from the beginning as were the mutants. It just so happens that Marvel is putting emphasis back onto them after being on the backburner for 20 years.

I wanted to start with the joke "everything's the Inhuman's fault!". Not in the mood anymore.

This issue was good. Much better than the last one, which felt like a filler.

I've come to a realization: I can't stand Moon Girl. Granted, I don't read her series and only have encountered her in EXM Annual, MU and IvX. But still, I don't like her one bit, especially in this issue. She reeks Mary Sueness.

I hope I haven't opened a Pandora's box.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I wanted to start with the joke "everything's the Inhuman's fault!". Not in the mood anymore.

This issue was good. Much better than the last one, which felt like a filler.

I've come to a realization: I can't stand Moon Girl. Granted, I don't read her series and only have encountered her in EXM Annual, MU and IvX. But still, I don't like her one bit, especially in this issue. She reeks Mary Sueness.

I hope I haven't opened a Pandora's box.
    The character isn't everyone's cup of tea, I imagine. As much as I liked the recent interview with the creators on the Attilan Rising Podcast, she just doesn't really do it for me either. So long as you say "I don't like _____" and not "______ is a bad character" I think that you'll be fine and you'll just have fans trying to convert you rather than string you up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I don't think it is Headache.
    Perhaps you are right, and this will be a different world ending disaster also tied to the Inhumans, which a few knew to expect, and which the world needed more superhumans to fight off, and which a NuHuman created by releasing the cloud will enable the world to survive. I might be jumping at shadows on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    if it was a random mutant that had these powers, that would be ok though right?
    Why would you ask this of course it would be okay, mutants aren't the species that have been suddenly everywhere in the last couple of years. Inhumans are. And they continue to be everywhere, heck, in the centre of it all too. It would definitely be okay if this kid was a mutant.

Personally I don't want keep reading this because they are forcing Inhumans even in this book.Yes, yes they are. If this was 5 or 10 or 20 or 30 or 50 years ago this kid would have likely been written as a mutant. Now he is an inhuman. It's forced and it's desperate.

There is no healthy balance, suddenly every person is an inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Why would you ask this of course it would be okay, mutants aren't the species that have been suddenly everywhere in the last couple of years. Inhumans are. And they continue to be everywhere, heck, in the centre of it all too. It would definitely be okay if this kid was a mutant.

Personally I don't want keep reading this because they are forcing Inhumans even in this book.Yes, yes they are. If this was 5 or 10 or 20 or 30 or 50 years ago this kid would have likely been written as a mutant. Now he is an inhuman. It's forced and it's desperate.

There is no healthy balance, suddenly every person is an inhuman.
    If the Inhumans had suddenly appeared out of nowhere then explain Fantastic Four #48 published on March 10, 1966 where they featured prominately? What about FF #45 published December 1965 where they were introduced as an entire race? What about Medussa appearing in FF #36 published March 10, 1965?

Ya see what you've said doesn't match the facts regarding the Inhumans. They have always been there and have been featured regularly since their introduction 52 years ago. They've had solo books and mini-series before, so them being featured now isn't that big of a deal.

Inhuman Race have exist for 30.000 years and since then some of them chose to living peacefully among human mate and have children, it isn't weird if now some Human have inhuman gene.
    Ayo Joni kita pantau para Fanatik di forum ini

Quote Originally Posted by Revoirver2 View Post
    Inhuman Race have exist for 30.000 years and since then some of them chose to living peacefully among human mate and have children, it isn't weird if now some Human have inhuman gene.
    I remember in the late 80's that the X-Men had a huge explosion of mutants and no one complained. We all thought it was great that Marvel was attempting to bring more characters to the table and it made the universe much richer. However, these days all I see is complaints from X-fans about the Inhumans and act like spoiled children because their section of the MU isn't "featured" prominently; when the opposite is true. The Inhumans have always been a part of the MU mythos and have featured prominently in the past, so I don't understand this backlash from X-fans against them.

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherJohn View Post
    If the Inhumans had suddenly appeared out of nowhere then explain Fantastic Four #48 published on March 10, 1966 where they featured prominately? What about FF #45 published December 1965 where they were introduced as an entire race? What about Medussa appearing in FF #36 published March 10, 1965?

Ya see what you've said doesn't match the facts regarding the Inhumans. They have always been there and have been featured regularly since their introduction 52 years ago. They've had solo books and mini-series before, so them being featured now isn't that big of a deal.
    No that's not true. They are not "being featured" now, they are the centre of everything. That's just forcing and pretending like Inhumans are big.

You don't just give this much attention and story to a group of characters all of a sudden when you darn well know they are nothing compared to your bigger groups. That's forcing. They are not integrating them to the stories slowly. They are suddenly the centre of everything. That's being forced. Stop pretending like it's anything else.

The 50 years of Inhumans history is nothing compared to how much attention they got in the last 3-4 years.

Stop pretending they have always been presented as this big and important group of people. It came out of nowhere. Marvel completely skipped the "liked and interested by fans" step and straightly went to "ef it they are one of our biggest factions in the MU now"

For the final time I'm not saying they weren't always an important part of the MU, they even had a whole level in Ultimate Alliance, but they were NOWHERE near this important.

10 years from now when Inhumans are back to limbo, a new reader will go back to read Civil War 2, IVX, and Inhumanity and stuff and be like "wait who are these guys?"

BANNED

I don't think it'd be quite as grating if we hadn't literally just come off an event book centered around another nebulously powerful and ill-defined young new Inhuman character. The timing's just bad is all really, makes it feel more forced than it likely is.