Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Clone Conspiracy #5

Just read the issue. I liked it.

spoilers:
    Clone Gwen, George Stacy and Hobbie died. But real Hobbie's back. Ben Reilly and Doc Ock are supposedly dead. Clone Conspiracy Omega #1 is coming.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

This issues just continues the trend of Slott not doing fulfilling endings.
    Unless the Omega issues is just the bees knees then apathy is the only thing this ending gave me.

Amazing Member

Well, this was underwhelming.

Incredible Member

Wow this series dragged on too long and has by far the most wasted ending. Not only that, but we have next wednesday and the following wednesday to drag this **** even further.

Quote Originally Posted by doomeye56 View Post
    This issues just continues the trend of Slott not doing fulfilling endings.
    Unless the Omega issues is just the bees knees then apathy is the only thing this ending gave me.
    Yeah, I agree. Although I liked CC overall, the ending was unsatisfactory.

Astonishing Member Ianbarreilles's Avatar

I liked the clone conspiracy overall including the silk tie ins but I still think spider verse is the greatest spider man event.

Fantastic Member

Can't believe it ended so quick, a lot of issues weren't resolved. Hope what ever comes in the next issues deals with Maria feelings towards ock

BANNED

Underhelming ending....if you can cal it that. That`s them Achilles heel.

I loved the concept, the idea, moments, the Anubis design and so on, but it lacked meat after Ben`s revelation. Can`t wait for PAD to take over.

Once again, a Dan Slott story starts off with promise and ends with a thud. So many things that didn't make sense, and questions left unanswered.

Between this and how badly he mis-handled Ben Reilly, I'm officially off of any book written by Slott, including ASM. I've had enough.

BANNED

Clones No More. What a weak storyline. He could have upped the ante by actually showing a carrion plague breaking out and showing how the affected are turning into carrions fighting peter in more detail and have peter despairing of a solution but Kaine and Gwen could have supplied it with Kaine getting a change of showing his genius but it was all a wasted opportunity and instead Anna was dragged in for the eleventh hour save and as a plot device to bring things to a head. Clumsy pacing and resolution. Kaine and Gwen were not of any significance in the final scheme of things. The clones of jean and Gwen were thrown under the bus with jean dying an underwhelming death. She always dies off panel in fact all the deaths were off panel leading to doors opening for anyone's resurrection down the line.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 02-15-2017 at 09:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Ugh crap. Just had an awful thought.

We see Anna and Peter check on Ben and Octavious. Both are dust. We know Ben's getting his own series and we have two more issues. What if one of the next issues shows Miles trying to get revenge on Ben by bringing him back from his dust state just to torture him again? And what if the dust he grabs a handful of Otto and Ben dust and mixes it with the missing "ultimate template" to create yet another "superior spider" but this time Otto and Ben are both trapped in one body and fighting it out differently than how Peter and Otto mind fought???

Spectacular Member

So another crummy issue?

One thing that wasn't really answered in this was did the inverse signal just permanently cure the clone degeneration that they don't need to take the medication or what? Because if so, how does that effect keep up, especially considering it was established that the clones break down slower in the facility due to the frequency and shieldings of the complex. Kinda seems like a simple fix for such a complex problem that Warren couldn't figure out for years now. Also, is Kaine cured for real this time or is that only temporary in his case?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Ugh crap. Just had an awful thought.

We see Anna and Peter check on Ben and Octavious. Both are dust. We know Ben's getting his own series and we have two more issues. What if one of the next issues shows Miles trying to get revenge on Ben by bringing him back from his dust state just to torture him again? And what if the dust he grabs a handful of Otto and Ben dust and mixes it with the missing "ultimate template" to create yet another "superior spider" but this time Otto and Ben are both trapped in one body and fighting it out differently than how Peter and Otto mind fought???
    then the series would have been named the superior scarlet spider but you may have something there as it may go a long way towards explaining bens insane goofy smile on the cover of first issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    One thing that wasn't really answered in this was did the inverse signal just permanently cure the clone degeneration that they don't need to take the medication or what? Because if so, how does that effect keep up, especially considering it was established that the clones break down slower in the facility due to the frequency and shieldings of the complex. Kinda seems like a simple fix for such a complex problem that Warren couldn't figure out for years now. Also, is Kaine cured for real this time or is that only temporary in his case?
    maybe it will be answered in omega as he cant spend the whole of that issue tussling with rhino.