Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    What's morally wrong about species hybrids? Do you hate mules?
    Aren't Mules Sterile? Not a good way to continue a species.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    I'm ok with Clark as a father as I was perfectly fine with him adopting Chris. It felt natural like things had come full circle. The addition of Jon felt like such a cut and paste job. One I'm still trying to get over. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad kid but what he represents still bothers me. I'm having a wait and see approach until reborn and rebirth are over. As for Clark's priorities, I've noticed what some have said. There's nothing wrong thinking about his family. Not unlike a cop, soldier, or fire fighter. It's just that when we inevitably get average writers who take over in the future I fear that they'll have him moping about them constantly.
    See JL,Lois and Jon dissappeared and Superdad's hell bent on finding them, Batman has to calm him down to get him to focus on the big picture at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I am enjoying both Superman and Action Comics now.
    same. I didn't collect Superman much before New 52 either, I gave Superdead a chance in Action and when George Perez was writing. This is the Superman (Superdad) that Jerry Seinfeld would enjoy reading.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    See JL,Lois and Jon dissappeared and Superdad's hell bent on finding them, Batman has to calm him down to get him to focus on the big picture at hand.
    To be fair though, Rebirth JL is really poorly written. You don't expect to find any nuance there with Superman in any of Hitch's writing, situations more Superman-like where he can be determined and worried but also pragmatic and responsible to the situation at the same time. The whole situation was just written so there could be more Superman/Batman tension, which in of itself is tired as all hell.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-16-2017 at 09:18 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Well that confirms my fear about writing.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's not really it, though. Batman leads him to a point where they watch Lois and Jon vanish in an energy field right in front of them. Superman wants to go find them, but Batman pleads for his help with the Infinity group and gets it. The only real tension is that dig Batman makes about Superman watching... which fans opposed to the return of pre-Flashpoint Superman also make.

"And you trust them?"
    "I don't trust many people, but I believe them. That good enough?"
    "Good enough for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's not really it, though. Batman leads him to a point where they watch Lois and Jon vanish in an energy field right in front of them. Superman wants to go find them, but Batman pleads for his help with the Infinity group and gets it.
    Is that the group with the time stones from Hitch's JLA Rao arc resurfacing? I'm not caught up on JL, but the name sounds familar.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCrab View Post
    Is that the group with the time stones from Hitch's JLA Rao arc resurfacing? I'm not caught up on JL, but the name sounds familar.
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RECKLESSbat View Post
    How does having an alien who can pass off as human make interbreeding somehow okay in the DC universe? Granted, the DC universe is fictional and real-world science doesn't apply to it but genetic defect/incompatibility still exist there, superman being an alien doesn't mean that he somehow gets a free pass on both of them, the least the writers could do is explain how it was possible even if it only makes sense in a comic book kind of way, but no... we don't even get that. Another problem I have with this whole Jon thing is that Lois and Superman essentially CROSSBRED a HUMAN with another species thus creating a human-hybrid, that is wrong no matter how you try to justify it and this being a comic book doesn't somehow make it okay, it was out of character for someone like Superman to go through with something like this with all the biological ramifications that such pregnancy could result in. I mean this is up there with inbreeding... if not worse, I don't see how people can be so nonchalant about it.
    Now don't get me wrong, I still think Lois and Clark should be couple... as long as they can't have biological children together that is!

As for the child not having the same power set as superman, I see that as a plus more than anything really, the child being adopted and having different abilities than superman has a lot more long-term potential and much more to be explored as opposed to him being just a miniature version of superman, but then again, that's just my opinion.
    Why isn't it ok?

Wasn't Kon-El essentially a human/kryptonian hybrid? Did anyone freak out about that?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RECKLESSbat View Post
    How does having an alien who can pass off as human make interbreeding somehow okay in the DC universe? Granted, the DC universe is fictional and real-world science doesn't apply to it but genetic defect/incompatibility still exist there, superman being an alien doesn't mean that he somehow gets a free pass on both of them, the least the writers could do is explain how it was possible even if it only makes sense in a comic book kind of way, but no... we don't even get that.
    Again, the DCU is a fictional world. If we ask how Clark impregnated Lois, we might as well ask how its possible for Zeus to have impregnated all those women in Greek mythology. After all, a "god" and a human are not the same species. We also might as well ask how its possible for a guy to get blasted with a gamma bomb and develop a super strong alter ego...as opposed to straight up dying.

Clark, for all intents and purposes, has the same biological make up as a human, with the only difference being that he absorbs solar radiation differently. So, being so similar biologically to humans, it is really not a stretch that he might be able to impregnate one.

Another problem I have with this whole Jon thing is that Lois and Superman essentially CROSSBRED a HUMAN with another species thus creating a human-hybrid, that is wrong no matter how you try to justify it and this being a comic book doesn't somehow make it okay, it was out of character for someone like Superman to go through with something like this with all the biological ramifications that such pregnancy could result in. I mean this is up there with inbreeding... if not worse, I don't see how people can be so nonchalant about it.
    Wow. Okay, um, I don't think anyone really has a problem at all with Superman having a child with the woman he loves. Again, they're husband and wife and its been theorized before how it would be possible for them to have children.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

The crossbreed thing is bullcrap honestly, and seems to only conviently matter when we are talking about Lois being the person he has a child with.

When the theoretical child happens to be with Wonder Woman, there is no fretting, even though she is just as much another species as Lois is. Depending on the version she's either a full blooded Amazon (I.e. an augmented human) an enchanted lump of clay ( technically not even alive) or a demigod. In any case she is not Kryptonian, therefore, that would still be crossbreeding.

But, I guess it's okay just so as long as the mom isn't Lois, right? Yeah, sorry bullcrap. He can have a child with whomever he wants.Lois, Lana , Maxima, and yes Wonder Woman.

Now, if you want to argue Superman shouldn't have a kid, that's a valid argument to have. However don't try to use the crossbreeding argument unless you include anyone not Kryptonian.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 02-17-2017 at 09:03 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member

Aren't Mules Sterile? Not a good way to continue a species.
    I'm not sure perpetuation is everything. Also, there are non-sterile hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The crossbreed thing is bullcrap honestly, and seems to only conviently matter when we are talking about Lois being the person he has a child with.

When the theoretical child happens to be with Wonder Woman, there is no fretting, even though she is just as much another species as Lois is. Depending on the version she's either a full blooded Amazon (I.e. an augmented human) an enchanted lump of clay ( technically not even alive) or a demigod. In any case she is not Kryptonian, therefore, that would still be crossbreeding.

But, I guess it's okay just so as long as the mom isn't Lois, right? Yeah, sorry bullcrap. He can have a child with whomever he wants.Lois, Lana , Maxima, and yes Wonder Woman.

Now, if you want to argue Superman shouldn't have a kid, that's a valid argument to have. However don't try to use the crossbreeding argument unless you include anyone not Kryptonian.
    thing is maxima has stated that her species specifically can breed with kryptonians without drawbacks, as for wonder woman, as much i i like the pairing i have to agree with the exception that it would only work if she is demigoddess, (because polymorph adaptation from the gods), otherwise the only candidates would be faora/ursa and kara. as for kon he is a byproduct of genetic engineering (not breeding) and we dont know if he would be sterile or not, if not he is the most likelly to be the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Agniwolf View Post
    thing is maxima has stated that her species specifically can breed with kryptonians without drawbacks, as for wonder woman, as much i i like the pairing i have to agree with the exception that it would only work if she is demigoddess, (because polymorph adaptation from the gods), otherwise the only candidates would be faora/ursa and kara. as for kon he is a byproduct of genetic engineering (not breeding) and we dont know if he would be sterile or not, if not he is the most likelly to be the bridge
    unless WW has the power to magically turn herself into an kryptonian, the way Zeus can turn himself into duck, then no.

Ultimate Member

Actually in mythology, even many gods have children. He's still doing "out there" Superman stuff. Him being a dad doesn't change that. It just adds an intriguing new element to his character, imo.